Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Deal of the Day - Crucial 240gb SSD £40

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

VeVeX wrote: »
    Come on, You've a bee in your bonnet with the method amazon use to ship ssd's, admit it :p

I've bought at least twenty ssd's in the last twelve months from amazon, all shipped in the hard cardboard envelope and while they might not all arrive in absolutely perfect condition all ssd's have worked and are still working flawlessly.

Someone already mentioned to you on one of the other threads where you've left "feedback" that while you would expect to receive a delivery in good condition ssd's don't need to shipped with the same concern as a conventional hard drive. An ever so slightly damaged box in all likely hood is not going to cause a problem and besides if you did have a problem Amazon are probably the best company to deal with for returns.

Well as i said id prefer better packaging on any 100 plus item from any seller, but moreso amazon themselves.

The people I dealed with where a mess usual follow the script effort, never even attempted to ask a higher up to resend via faster method as good will gesture.

They refunded money I didn't want, I paid it back, then they took the money assuming I didn't send the drive back or repay the refund.

As I said I'd expect better off amazon themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

This item is frequently bought with a 10" Chef Aid wooden spoon?? Wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

This item is frequently bought with a 10" Chef Aid wooden spoon?? Wtf

Of course.

"Michael, get off that computer thing and do your homework, or you're getting the spoon!"

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Emailed Amazon on Friday
    Received replacement this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

How is this SSD? What's the lifetime of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Looks interesting but wondering the same in terms of how long it would last!?

Thanks,
    M

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I ran a 64GB crucial ssd for years with no issues. I wouldn't worry about the life of it. Backup your data to the cloud, or to external devices anyway (you should no matter what laptop you have) and you'll be fine. Crucial are known for very reliable drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

animaal wrote: »
    Of course.

"Michael, get off that computer thing and do your homework, or you're getting the spoon!"

in some households that's not a threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭5star02707

My Crucial M4 (one of the older ssd drives) is still going strong.

bought it in 2012 so 4 years and counting still has no hick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

What is it with amazon and Ascendia..everytime i see ascendia as the carrier i never recieve the goods ever..so now if i order something and see that crowd i just contact amazon and get them to change carrier..
    beware ascendia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

5star02707 wrote: »
    My Crucial M4 (one of the older ssd drives) is still going strong.

bought it in 2012 so 4 years and counting still has no hick up.

Same exact one here, going strong from amzn after 4 years.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Advertisement