Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Your comments make no sense
    1. How would negative equity impact the sale of a property or make it more difficult, in my opinion it does not.
    2. Second hand can some times be better if the place is in good shape. With new you have plenty of extra work to do to make the place livable
    3. The new apartments are bigger than some of the other ones in the area and will probably be more expensive

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057679400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

I got a quote of 1,200 for Heron for an alarm, it includes free software that allows you to manage your alarm once it is connected to the internet.

That looks good. Siemens? One of the installers tried to convince me that the Siemens system doesn't support combined inertia and magnetic contacts and tried to pass off cheaper contact only. Another crowd only wanted to install contacts on the first two floors and leave the top unprotected. You need to be very explicit on what you want/don't want.

As a note to others, one of the valves on our radiator "heavily leaked" on Friday, shooting water throughout the kitchen. I think there must have been airlocks in the system which eventually found a way out. I got the plumbers out to recheck all valves throughout the house. Can someone in a Herron tell me if the radiator in the main sitting room has one of those fancy adjustment valves on it or just a normal cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Manion wrote: »
    That looks good. Siemens? One of the installers tried to convince me that the Siemens system doesn't support combined inertia and magnetic contacts and tried to pass off cheaper contact only. Another crowd only wanted to install contacts on the first two floors and leave the top unprotected. You need to be very explicit on what you want/don't want.

As a note to others, one of the valves on our radiator "heavily leaked" on Friday, shooting water throughout the kitchen. I think there must have been airlocks in the system which eventually found a way out. I got the plumbers out to recheck all valves throughout the house. Can someone in a Herron tell me if the radiator in the main sitting room has one of those fancy adjustment valves on it or just a normal cap?

The radiator in the sitting room is beneath the thermostat so it doesn't have a TRV (the cap with numbers), this is normal.

We had air in all of our radiators at the beginning. I spent hours getting rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

After lots of back and forth with Tom in the site management office, without any tangible result, I'm about to escalate my issues to the head office, preferably the legal department. If anyone has direct e-mail to Ballymore head office (other than the info they list on their Web site), could you, please PM it to me? I'll be calling them for a contact e-mail, but this would save me some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I got a quote of 1,200 for Heron for an alarm, it includes free software that allows you to manage your alarm once it is connected to the internet.

The alarm model I was quoted for was [font=Calibri, sans-serif]1 Siemens/Vanderbilt 4220 8 Zone Control panel. I was quoted for both Magnetic contacts and inertia ones as well. I can PM you the alarm companies details if you want them.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi

We have ours installed since last week. Do forward on though. I can tell you the Vanderbilt 4220 will need an expansion module to work with the App. You'll need to upgrade to SPC4320 IP panel for remote access via smartphone app and web browser. Other options are available for telephone or sms. So there might be a last minute increase in costs for your crowd.

Has anyone on royal canal avenue managed to get internet from anyone? We had KN out again yesterday, same story as previously, they is no "DT Box" installed. No one seems to have a clue in Magnet nor Vodafone what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rns

Has anyone on royal canal avenue managed to get internet from anyone? We had KN out again yesterday, same story as previously, they is no "DT Box" installed. No one seems to have a clue in Magnet nor Vodafone what the issue is.

I was told by Eir they will install 'DT Box' and connect us to the exchange on 21st i.e tomorrow. Hopefully they will live upto it. You can go for Sky, Vodafone and Eir as broadband options after that I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The alarm model I was quoted for was [font=Calibri, sans-serif]1 Siemens/Vanderbilt 4220 8 Zone Control panel. I was quoted for both Magnetic contacts and inertia ones as well. I can PM you the alarm companies details if you want them.[/font]
    It really comes down to what you want. We had quotes ranging from 715 Euro to 1500 Euro for the Herron. Even for the same system there was a range. Be careful about going with systems that have a "cloud" subscription model for self monitoring.

Thanks guys. Can you pm me the details of what you were quoted for and by who. Only getting back to this today . . . baby has been occupying me.

rns wrote: »
    I was told by Eir they will install 'DT Box' and connect us to the exchange on 21st i.e tomorrow. Hopefully they will live upto it. You can go for Sky, Vodafone and Eir as broadband options after that I was told.

Do you know what this thing looks like and what it does? There is so much miss information out there. Let us know if Eircom install.

BTW you should be able to go with any DSL provider. PURE Telecom appear to be the best based on https://switcher.ie/ but it's all Eircom at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I could be wrong here, I believe that there is an installation fee to get broadband set-up and if you go with Eir the fee is waved, if you go with some one else then you have to pay it.

Hi

I received confirmation from pure Telecom that as of today adsl is available on royal canal avenue. This is limited to a Max 8 mb due to distance to the exchange. Fibre - FTTC - is not available.

Thanks guys. Can you pm me the details of what you were quoted for and by who. Only getting back to this today . . . baby has been occupying me.

When you get these quotes and contact details from the other guys can you forward them on to me please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi

Just two Questions.
    1. I noticed some houses have Satellite Dishes at the front. Is this OK according to the Management Company? For some reason I thought there was something about this not being allowed. Id be interested in just getting a dish or the Free to Air and broadband only rather than having to sign up for a TV contract, just wondering if anyone else has gone down that route or has any tips

2. Has anyone decided to put a shed in the in back garden. Again I remember reading something in the Management Company guide about the height of the shed not being higher than the fence (dont have the doc to hand to confirm). Again just checking it anyone had issues with this

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Hi Neighbours,

If anyone can share broadband info it would be appreciated.

KN were out with us last week but no copper wiring was Layed for Royal canal avenue, and the engineer was unable to give an ETA.

Hopefully we're not looking at an 8 Mbit ADSL comnection in this day and age. I don't expect finer to the door but an 8 Mb commection is not good enough.

If this is indeed the case, has anyone quoted Eir in regard to the nearest finer exchange?

Cheers

minkey wrote: »
    Hi

Just two Questions.
    1. I noticed some houses have Satellite Dishes at the front. Is this OK according to the Management Company? For some reason I thought there was something about this not being allowed. Id be interested in just getting a dish or the Free to Air and broadband only rather than having to sign up for a TV contract, just wondering if anyone else has gone down that route or has any tips

2. Has anyone decided to put a shed in the in back garden. Again I remember reading something in the Management Company guide about the height of the shed not being higher than the fence (dont have the doc to hand to confirm). Again just checking it anyone had issues with this

Thanks

It was explicitly forbidden by the management company letter we received to have a satellite dish of any kind, back or front. I'm not sure how any of that is enforceable on privately owned houses.

Hi

You can see here:

http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

There are two Fiber enabled cabinets on Phelan Avenue. No plans for anything more seemingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It was explicitly forbidden by the management company letter we received to have a satellite dish of any kind, back or front. I'm not sure how any of that is enforceable on privately owned houses.

It's also a council issue in that you require planning permission to put a dish on the front of a property. That's very enforceable.

athtrasna wrote: »
    It's also a council issue in that you require planning permission to put a dish on the front of a property. That's very enforceable.

Agreed, but to the rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If anyone is with kbc it's worth going through the process to reduce your mortgage rate.
    https://www.kbc.ie/Our-Products/Mortgages/Existing-Customers/PDH-Offer

It's one phone call to arrange a valuation (costs €127) and a 1 page form.

We've gone from 3.65% (80-90%ltv from early 2016) to 2.9% fixed for a year (<80% ltv). Big saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Hi

You can see here:

http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

There are two Fiber enabled cabinets on Phelan Avenue. No plans for anything more seemingly.

Great thanks. Hopefully we are near enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

athtrasna wrote: »

Council issue for who exactly? There are thousands of dishes on people's houses around the country.

I know apartment blocks or maybe council estate houses may have trouble getting to keep a dish, but how can they stop a privately owned house from having one? Especially on the back of their house, regardless of their house rules.

Also, you only have to look around the area and there are loads of dishes that have been up for quite some time on the apartments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Agreed, but to the rare?

To the rear would be exempt, but you have to make sure it's in the right orientation to pick up the satellite.
    guns_healy wrote: »
    Council issue for who exactly? There are thousands of dishes on people's houses around the country.

I know apartment blocks or maybe council estate houses may have trouble getting to keep a dish, but how can they stop a privately owned house from having one? Especially on the back of their house, regardless of their house rules.

Also, you only have to look around the area and there are loads of dishes that have been up for quite some time on the apartments

Planning Enforcement are very active on dish complaints, but they only act on complaints about them. Typically people don't ring to complain about their neighbours, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

One guy complaint about a whole road last year and the LA were obliged by law to send enforcement letters looking for their removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

kceire wrote: »
    To the rear would be exempt, but you have to make sure it's in the right orientation to pick up the satellite.

Planning Enforcement are very active on dish complaints, but they only act on complaints about them. Typically people don't ring to complain about their neighbours, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

One guy complaint about a whole road last year and the LA were obliged by law to send enforcement letters looking for their removal.

I take it the LA could do nothing about rear house dishes though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No but my post specifically referred to the front of houses

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They wouldn't want to do anything. It's exempted development so would. It instructnany alterations Adkin as it's below the eaves line to the rear.

*But you guys need to be careful. It's very common for new estates to have a condition attached to the parent application that states no exempted development to be carried out due to the density of the parent app etc

That would in theory mean you would require planning for a dish even to the rear.

Hi

If anyone has been wondering why one of the white panels in your porch has been left a jar or on the path it's because Eircom have been about installing lines.

I spoke to Eircom yesterday directly who indicated they had no plans to provide Fibre to the cabinet (100mb) broadband. 10 Minutes later I see the Eircom engineer installing lines to all the houses along royal canal avenue. He confirmed its FTTC. He indicated it should be all live in about a week and a half.

Would be amazing if you could ask them about Bridge Avenue if you happen to be talking to them again. :) Moving in this January so would love some internet. These are the row of houses closest to the RCP Community Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 noriordan78

Hi

If anyone has been wondering why one of the white panels in your porch has been left a jar or on the path it's because Eircom have been about installing lines.

I spoke to Eircom yesterday directly who indicated they had no plans to provide Fibre to the cabinet (100mb) broadband. 10 Minutes later I see the Eircom engineer installing lines to all the houses along royal canal avenue. He confirmed its FTTC. He indicated it should be all live in about a week and a half.
    This is confusing. Hadn't seen your post until now but having been told by eir they'd have the wiring up to the house (no idea if this was fibre) by December 28 and having seen an eir van out this morning, I called them just there and said the work had been put back with January 31 the revised date with individual house appointments to follow between three and five working days later.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Will be moving into a Heron soon :)

Wondering if I could get some recommendations for some things from the people on here for goods and services on doing up the house.

1. Tile fitter and tiles for hallway/kitchen
    2. Laminate flooring and person to lay it
    3. Beds/Sofa's
    4. Snagger

I think as per the charter recommendations need to be via PM. But not sure about that.

Thanks a mill

Advertisement