Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

theteal wrote: »
    Thank you. And originally the cabling was left unterminated behind a blank faceplate somewhere around that location?

Edit: I think I can see the opening in the plasterboard beneath your switch.

Yes, everything was in that opening under the switch, I cant remember now if was orginally covered by a face plate or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yes, everything was in that opening under the switch, I cant remember now if was orginally covered by a face plate or not.

OK, cheers, that's plenty to work with. Thanks for taking the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Does anyone has the details of a service engineer for the Joule heating system. Joule themselves indicated it will be next year before I can get a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Hi folks,

Long time no post! I ran out of money for house improvements! But there is one more job I want to do this year, I want to put coving in the sitting room (of a heron) with LED lighting (preferably on a dimmer) behind it. Currently the room is too bright with the main light on even though it's on a dimmer and lamps just create a reflection on the TV. Also I really like the look of coving with light behind it for ambience. Has anyone done this? I'm aware that I'll need both a carpenter and an electrician which makes it difficult to coordinate, it's hard enough to get one of them to show up. If anyone has done this can you give me an estimate of cost and the effort/mess involved? I literally have no idea how much or long it would take.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

hello! can anybody recommend a Dublin based solicitor to do the legal paperwork for a mortgage provider switch on a property in RCP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Has anybody had trouble with their patio door warping?

Ours has warped and is letting in a bad cold draft into the kitchen.

Been in the house since 2016 so we are past Ballymores 18 months and Munster Joinerys 12 months.

But this is not good, surely a fault in the house or door?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Long time no post! I ran out of money for house improvements! But there is one more job I want to do this year, I want to put coving in the sitting room (of a heron) with LED lighting (preferably on a dimmer) behind it. Currently the room is too bright with the main light on even though it's on a dimmer and lamps just create a reflection on the TV. Also I really like the look of coving with light behind it for ambience. Has anyone done this? I'm aware that I'll need both a carpenter and an electrician which makes it difficult to coordinate, it's hard enough to get one of them to show up. If anyone has done this can you give me an estimate of cost and the effort/mess involved? I literally have no idea how much or long it would take.

Many thanks

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm just curious, don't know anything about it.

Chumpski wrote: »
    Has anybody had trouble with their patio door warping?

Ours has warped and is letting in a bad cold draft into the kitchen.

Been in the house since 2016 so we are past Ballymores 18 months and Munster Joinerys 12 months.

But this is not good, surely a fault in the house or door?

In what way is it warping? Is this from water damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Manion wrote: »
    In what way is it warping? Is this from water damage?

No maybe from hot/cold weather, or maybe it got damaged at some point. I don’t know for sure. Just wondering if anyone else had similar problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

Has anybody had any trouble with rusty discoloration starting to show through the white enamel on their bath tub?

It started on mine. its quite patchy, not just confined to a small area. I guess rust is starting underneath the enamel. thought it was a little strange that this should happen.

• Advertisement

Hey, any recommendations on a plumber who could fix the shower fittings. They're embedded in the wall in some kind of membrane and I'd rather get someone whose familiar with this setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

Hi, could anyone give a current update on broadband availability in the area (Camden avenue) - with the working at home lark I need to get sorted. Many thanks to anyone who can give an update. Kj

Same as it ever was, you need to get a Eir reseller or cable watch.

Thanks - what's an 'eir reseller'? Not too well up on this stuff

Thanks - what's an 'eir reseller'? Not too well up on this stuff

Basically for DSL you have really only one provider, Eir (OpenEir) all the other sellers like Vodafone, Magnet, Pure Telecom, etc are reselling this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Basically for DSL you have really only one provider, Eir (OpenEir) all the other sellers like Vodafone, Magnet, Pure Telecom, etc are reselling this service.

I will add that although all the sellers are piggybacking on Eir infrastructure, if you value your time, go through anyone except eir.

We tried eir first.
      They needed us to be at home to come test the line. they didnt show. half day wasted.
      Tried again, they didnt show. another half day wasted.
      They turned up the 3rd time, said the cables were not laid. I dont know how the guys in the office couldnt tell this from whatever systems they use.
      5 weeks later, cables laid we get an account and need to be home for the guy to come connect us. this time we have to be home all day as he cant narrow down the fitting window. Thankfully he came.
      Internet wouldnt work, they had difficulty setting up our account.
      5+ calls at an hour each and all they managed was to bill us for a service we were not getting.
      2 weeks of this and i wanted to cancel, again took about 3 hours of calls. one chap eventually realized they set up 2 accounts for us and neither were complete. he cancelled both.
      called vodafone on the wednesday. had our router and were online by friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

I had sky tv & broadband on pellestown avenue/phelan avenue apartment. Sky was brilliant for the last year, never any issues. However my 1st year I got €59 per month.

Looking to go upto €95 per month and the best I could get them down to was €83.50 PM.

Still cancelling and getting one of those recordable boxes in. Going to give vodafone a go for the broadband now.

So they've started working through the night on the train station. The Following condition was placed on the planning permission.

C340 Hours of work:
    7. (a) The site and building works required to implement the development shall only be carried out between the hours of: Mondays to Fridays - 7.00a.m. to 6.00p.m. Saturday - 8.00a.m. to 2.00p.m. Sundays and Public Holidays - No activity on site. (b) Deviation from these times will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances where prior written approval has been received from Dublin City Council. Such approval may be given subject to conditions pertaining to the particular circumstances being set by Dublin City Council. Reason: In order to safeguard the amenities of adjoining residential occupiers.

Orginal:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2109/13&SearchID=1

Revised planning permission
    http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2310/18&theTabNo=2

You can contact Dublin city council on 01 2222 149 to lodge a complaint.

So they've started working through the night on the train station. The Following condition was placed on the planning permission.

C340 Hours of work:

Orginal:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2109/13&SearchID=1

Revised planning permission
    http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2310/18&theTabNo=2

You can contact Dublin city council on 01 2222 149 to lodge a complaint.

Are you hearing it at night? Haven't heard anything yet myself.

It is Ireland's biggest contractor, we're talking billions, John Sisk & Son. I'd imagine they're well in bed with TII and will do what they want unfortunately.
    Sure if it gets the new station here faster and it isn't causing too much of a disruption to residents then so be it.
    I don't live on that row of houses in front of the site so I can't say. Maybe they're hearing the vibration and machines non-stop daily.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately my call to DCC timed out after 1 hour on hold. Might need to go in. We live on Royal canal avenue and the noise is quiet disruptive to a decent nights sleep, they've no right to be working through the night and are specifically constrained by the planning permission granted. Not looking forward to a year of interrupted sleep so SISK can make their bonus payment dates.

Unfortunately my call to DCC timed out after 1 hour on hold. Might need to go in. We live on Royal canal avenue and the noise is quiet disruptive to a decent nights sleep, they've no right to be working through the night and are specifically constrained by the planning permission granted. Not looking forward to a year of interrupted sleep so SISK can make their bonus payment dates.

1 hour :eek::confused:

Yeah that's not on at all, as you say they don't give a hoot about residents. Whacking up a bit of timber hoarding there over the last few weeks and a lick of paint on it I see, you'd think they'd invest in something that's half decent to look at, promoting the new rail line, a graphic type.

I've emailed all our local councillors and also sent an email off to: customerservices@dublincity.ie

https://councilmeetings.dublincity.ie/mgFindMember.aspx?XXR=0&AC=WARD&WID=13093

Frankly the time is now to make an issue of this. I grew up in another part of Dublin also close to a train line. We had strong community action and Iarnrod Eireann knew not to take residents for granted. There are also noise constraints placed on the train station operation.

The windows installed in Royal Canal Park are mostly Munster joinery, with pretty standard acoustic properties. I've been quoted upwards of 5K to replace one set of windows in the main bedroom with acoustic glass.

I've emailed all our local councillors and also sent an email off to: customerservices@dublincity.ie

https://councilmeetings.dublincity.ie/mgFindMember.aspx?XXR=0&AC=WARD&WID=13093

Frankly the time is now to make an issue of this. I grew up in another part of Dublin also close to a train line. We had strong community action and Iarnrod Eireann knew not to take residents for granted. There are also noise constraints placed on the train station operation.

The windows installed in Royal Canal Park are mostly Munster joinery, with pretty standard acoustic properties. I've been quoted upwards of 5K to replace one set of windows in the main bedroom with acoustic glass.

Disgrace that you even have to consider doing that though, no one should have to change the external facade of their house for construction works.

Are you in the facebook group? Royal canal & rathborne residents forum. I would post that link in there to make a complaint and I and hopefully many others will lodge a complaint with you.

No I'm not on the facebook group, but will look into it. Here is a taste of what we're putting up with when trying to get to sleep last night.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pjw2a1BZsEq3Hnn36
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/xU2tLa8uNzKaZg8GA

That's a joke, really annoying that, I feel your pain.

What annoys me more is that I work in construction and these lads are doing the bare minimum on these nightshifts I can guarantee you. It's all about more money for SISK. they'll tell you that the night shifts are needed to meet their programme dates. That's bull****, let them do their 6/7am -7/8pm in the evenings now during the summer.
    Anyone who tells me they work hard on nightshift is a bluffer. They're tipping around there in your video on big night rates.

Definitely get into that forum, it's actually a great community on there and if you share a detailed post explaining the situation I can guarantee everyone will pull together and complain, hopefully DCC Will sit up and take notice then. There's a few local councillors in the forum as well, it will do no harm to see everyone voice their anger at it.

If you need any info on getting into it DM me but I believe it's straight forward from memory.

So our local green councillor Darcy Lonergan got back to me right away and has contacted Iarnrod Eireann who responded that they will get onto SISK. Good result so far.

OK, so Darcy got a response from them indicating the night time work will continue for the next 4 weeks. Apparently a letter was sent to residents but we never received it. I've sent them back a written complaint as well.

SISK Letter attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

CBear1993 wrote: »
    That's a joke, really annoying that, I feel your pain.

What annoys me more is that I work in construction and these lads are doing the bare minimum on these nightshifts I can guarantee you. It's all about more money for SISK. they'll tell you that the night shifts are needed to meet their programme dates. That's bull****, let them do their 6/7am -7/8pm in the evenings now during the summer.
    Anyone who tells me they work hard on nightshift is a bluffer. They're tipping around there in your video on big night rates.

Definitely get into that forum, it's actually a great community on there and if you share a detailed post explaining the situation I can guarantee everyone will pull together and complain, hopefully DCC Will sit up and take notice then. There's a few local councillors in the forum as well, it will do no harm to see everyone voice their anger at it.

If you need any info on getting into it DM me but I believe it's straight forward from memory.

Generally works on and beside a rail line will need night shifts at various stages.

Whether they're required right now or whether the noise is excessive I can't say but there will need to be at least some night works to get the platforms and bridges built.

Nighttime is the only time they can get a decent stretch of time to work on the railway unless they close the line or work Christmas day.

• Advertisement

Generally works on and beside a rail line will need night shifts at various stages.

Whether they're required right now or whether the noise is excessive I can't say but there will need to be at least some night works to get the platforms and bridges built.

Nighttime is the only time they can get a decent stretch of time to work on the railway unless they close the line or work Christmas day.

I think there is something in between. I've lived most of my life near railway lines but what I witness last night was excessive. I saw one lad drive a digger from one end of the site to the other and back again a half hour later having done nothing with it, at another point my home was lit up by a flood light. They need to be aware they are working in a residential area and just because they has a job to do doesn't meant they can be oblivious to the impact they are having on the environment around them. The planning permission when granted set out the working hours and that operating beyond those hours is exceptional, for the majority of the work last night there where trains on the line.

Advertisement