Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 23rd. January 2016

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A non David Bowie song. I hope Edwin Collins hasn't died.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

hurikane wrote: »
    It was like Darcy hadn't prepared for it at all, as if he had just watched the documentary in the hours leading up to the show, prepared nothing and just asked questions.

Actually I got the sense that he hadn't actually watched it at all. Seemed like a researcher had watched it and had provided Ray with some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Absolutely no chance of this being axed.
    I would say it has at least 4 more series to run, which would give it a neat 5 series.
    Brendan o'Conor was just as stupid and inept and that horse **** ran for years! No folks I think we're stuck with the pick for the long haul.

I'm not much of a fan of Brendan O'Connor but I actually think he was much better than D'Arcy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Is there anyway I can complain to RTE about the Ray Darcy show???

I pay my tv licence and im entitled to complain.

Edit: complaints@rte.ie (is it the right email address)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

mikeym wrote: »

Is it not mailbag? If RTE can answer your complaint with a cheeky obvious answer you get £25 irish pounds !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Actually just on the accusation that Darcy didn't do any research for the Strang interview. Earlier in the season the same thing happened when he interviewed Tulisa who was embroiled in a ton of court cases regarding her set up by the News of the World on false cocaine dealing charges. Darcy asked time and time again about the case and each time she had to answer that she couldn't talk about it. If he or his researchers had done their job they should either decided to not have her on as a guest or else just not script questions they knew she couldn't answer for legal reasons.

But instead Darcy kept asking her questions about what she couldn't talk about. The interview just went totally flat and awkward at that point. I don't blame her, I blame Darcy and his researchers for not doing their research.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Actually just on the accusation that Darcy didn't do any research for the Strang interview. Earlier in the season the same thing happened when he interviewed Tulisa who was embroiled in a ton of court cases regarding her set up by the News of the World on false cocaine dealing charges. Darcy asked time and time again about the case and each time she had to answer that she couldn't talk about it. If he or his researchers had done their job they should either decided to not have her on as a guest or else just not script questions they knew she couldn't answer for legal reasons.

But instead Darcy kept asking her questions about what she couldn't talk about. The interview just went totally flat and awkward at that point. I don't blame her, I blame Darcy and his researchers for not doing their research.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Anybody been to his restaurant?

What's it like?

I was. The food is the nicest I've every had ever. The service is perfect too and the staff are so lovely and friendly.

I got it as an anniversary present for my husband and when we went I was pregnant and couldn't eat some of the things on the tasting menu we had opted for. They staff modified those things for me without a murmer of complaint or irritation and they alternatives were just gorgeous.
    We stayed over night too (its a long drive from Dublin for dinner otherwise) and the accomodation was reasonably priced and very nice too.
    When we were checking out the next day some of the people who were ahead of us were booking in for the following year.
    They close off their reservations early as they fill up very quickly but if you're looking for a treat this is once I'd thoroughly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Muahahaha wrote: »

Hilariously, there has been talk about he (and his team) taking over The Late Late Show in time to come, something he hasn't even dismissed. The mind boggles but suffice to say that would probably be the death knell for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,055 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I assume Strange was over this side of the world to do circuit of interviews rather than just to go to the Walsh Cup final*.

So he must have been interviewed on some other channel by someone better than D'Arcy.

*Leinster hurling pre season competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I assume Strange was over this side of the world to do circuit of interviews rather than just to go to the Walsh Cup final*.

So he must have been interviewed on some other channel by someone better than D'Arcy.

*Leinster hurling pre season competition.

Not according to the Herald. RTE flew him in specially.

(They make no mention of the Walsh Cup, but I'm guessing that's the main reason Strang agreed to come)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

mikeym wrote: »

Good point, I think I will make a complaint about D'Arcy also at this stage. If everyone starts complaining the same week maybe it'll look orchestrated, so I'd suggest over time if people are fed up with D'Arcy's performance make sure to complain officially instead of just here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good point, I think I will make a complaint about D'Arcy also at this stage. If everyone starts complaining the same week maybe it'll look orchestrated, so I'd suggest over time if people are fed up with D'Arcy's performance make sure to complain officially instead of just here.

I don't think it will matter how many complaints they get, he's going to do 2 seasons unless he does something mad live like attack a guest. RTÉ don't "do" mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It looks like Mairead has come to the rescue to tell people to lay off Ray ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

bmm wrote: »
    Is it not mailbag? If RTE can answer your complaint with a cheeky obvious answer you get £25 irish pounds !!

Fcuk me people that wrote to mailbag were worse than boardsies for whinging about petty cr@p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It looks like Mairead has come to the rescue to tell people to lay off Ray ;)

If he was from the dole q to his role it would be fine but he was brought in to replace Brendan who was actually doing a decent role and he replaced him with a brutal style like someone doing it with a weeks training. Mairead defending him reminds me of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I missed the interview on the night but watched it back recently. I don't see what all the outrage is over. He did a decent interview from what I seen. People seem to have it in for him. I use to be a big fan of his Today fm radio show but moved away from it towards the end. While I do think he seems a bit awkward and fidgety in front of the camera, I thought this interview doesn't warrant all the abuse he's been getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

If he was from the dole q to his role it would be fine but he was brought in to replace Brendan who was actually doing a decent role and he replaced him with a brutal style like someone doing it with a weeks training. Mairead defending him reminds me of this...

I think someone posted back then, the reason they got rid of Brendan, was that he was doing too well & decided to 'take him out' (of Tubridy's misery) ;)

No chance of Ray, doing that & probably why he got a 2nd season ;)
    considering he's in a safe job, as mentioned earlier when Larry Gogan told Terry Wogan, that he was crazy to leave a 'guaranteed job@RTE' as both started on RTE on same day, apparently Terry had enough of the cronyism & left?

Advertisement