Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's exit of the Sport Coalition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

The NASRPC has to get off its hole and deal with the EU policy proposal and it needs to deal with its own members wishes. We do not need another dictatorship and more division.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

So it looks like the NASRPC are ignoring the wishes of their members and are not going to have a EGM (hopefully I am wrong). They probably do not realize the damage that they are doing to the association as there seems to be a disconnect between the committee and the members and that is never good (e.g. the IFA). They seem to be fobbing off members with the promise of a AGM in January, do they realize what this will lead to. There is obviously a lot of anger with the committee and a AGM will likely turn into a farce with lots of shouting back and forth with lots of issues and accusations being raised with the whole thing likely to go on for hours and hours resulting in the actual business of the AGM taking second place. An EGM is obviously a better way of dealing with these problems and it would leave the AGM to do what it is supposed to do. The AGM should be postphoned and an EGM called so this whole mess can be sorted out in an appropriate manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

cra wrote: »
    So it looks like the NASRPC are ignoring the wishes of their members and are not going to have a EGM (hopefully I am wrong). They probably do not realize the damage that they are doing to the association as there seems to be a disconnect between the committee and the members and that is never good (e.g. the IFA). They seem to be fobbing off members with the promise of a AGM in January, do they realize what this will lead to. There is obviously a lot of anger with the committee and a AGM will likely turn into a farce with lots of shouting back and forth with lots of issues and accusations being raised with the whole thing likely to go on for hours and hours resulting in the actual business of the AGM taking second place. An EGM is obviously a better way of dealing with these problems and it would leave the AGM to do what it is supposed to do. The AGM should be postphoned and an EGM called so this whole mess can be sorted out in an appropriate manner.

Would an EGM get good attendance this time of the year? Personally I mightn't be able to make it before Christmas and I'd say a lot of others would be in the same boat.

I'm not political so forgive me if I'm being a bit naive but is there a big difference between an EGM before Christmas or an AGM a few weeks later?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The very good reason to have this EGM alot sooner than January,is simply for people to lobby the comittee of NASRPC about the changing and fast moving events in Europe.The silence about this is ridicilous from both sections,shooters and comittee.
    They will be just a bunch of talking heads in a comittee room someplace discussing nothing of import,if this goes thru as all the DOJ/AGS will be saying to us is simply "Look lads we even agree 100% with you on this whatever X,Y,topic,but its EU LAW! So we have to do what Brussells tells us on this.Now, what head shrinker will we all approve to vet everyone who has a liscense and who will weld up granddads single shot deact shotgun into a high tech club?"
    That is about all this comittee will be able to discuss post EU directive if it goes thru.
    So it is actually in everyones hands to solve this problem,by literally forcing the comittee to engage with them using the same tactics we used to lobby for the last 12 months.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The very good reason to have this EGM alot sooner than January,is simply for people to lobby the comittee of NASRPC about the changing and fast moving events in Europe.The silence about this is ridicilous from both sections,shooters and comittee.
    They will be just a bunch of talking heads in a comittee room someplace discussing nothing of import,if this goes thru as all the DOJ/AGS will be saying to us is simply "Look lads we even agree 100% with you on this whatever X,Y,topic,but its EU LAW! So we have to do what Brussells tells us on this.Now, what head shrinker will we all approve to vet everyone who has a liscense and who will weld up granddads single shot deact shotgun into a high tech club?"
    That is about all this comittee will be able to discuss post EU directive if it goes thru.
    So it is actually in everyones hands to solve this problem,by literally forcing the comittee to engage with them using the same tactics we used to lobby for the last 12 months.

While I'm not an expert on anything at all Griz, least of all AGM's and EGM's, I am led to believe that an EGM can only talk about one topic whereas an AGM can deal with everything. If there is an EGM called regarding the NASRPC leaving the Sports Coalition, then they can't talk about this European Parliament stuff. That's my understanding. And if an EGM is called to talk about the European Parliament stuff, then they can't talk about why the NASRPC left the Sports Coalition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

BattleCorp wrote: »
    While I'm not an expert on anything at all Griz, least of all AGM's and EGM's, I am led to believe that an EGM can only talk about one topic whereas an AGM can deal with everything. If there is an EGM called regarding the NASRPC leaving the Sports Coalition, then they can't talk about this European Parliament stuff. That's my understanding. And if an EGM is called to talk about the European Parliament stuff, then they can't talk about why the NASRPC left the Sports Coalition.

You are correct. EGM's are single issue meetings and the EGM requests that have been submitted by the clubs all refer to one motion, i.e. changing the committee. However. maybe there is a way to turn events to our advantage. The current NASRPC committee has proved very adept at ducking and diving to avoid the substantial issues which need to be resolved. They also seem to want to stay in their positions of power so we could ship them all to Brussels to takeover negotiations on the EU firearms issue. This is after all, what we do with some senior politicians who become MEPs or commissioners. This would then leave the way clear at home to elect a new committee and get on with the business of protecting and developing the shooting sports.

badaj0z wrote: »
    They also seem to want to stay in their positions of power so we could ship them all to Brussels to takeover negotiations on the EU firearms issue.

I'm not trying to defend the NASRPC committee but are you seriously suggesting that they are clinging to power in an attempt to get a job in Brussels dealing with firearms issues? Seriously? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

....are you seriously suggesting that they are clinging to power in an attempt to get a job in Brussels dealing with firearms issues? Seriously? :confused::confused::confused:

Please make the response be Yes ... please, please, please ;):D

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You are correct. EGM's are single issue meetings and the EGM requests that have been submitted by the clubs all refer to one motion, i.e. changing the committee. However. maybe there is a way to turn events to our advantage. The current NASRPC committee has proved very adept at ducking and diving to avoid the substantial issues which need to be resolved. They also seem to want to stay in their positions of power so we could ship them all to Brussels to takeover negotiations on the EU firearms issue. This is after all, what we do with some senior politicians who become MEPs or commissioners. This would then leave the way clear at home to elect a new committee and get on with the business of protecting and developing the shooting sports.

It would be great if it could be done like that...however,in reality it isnt plausable,they arent elected politicans,and unless they were invited to take up some employment with a lobby ,pressure,NGO or whatever group in Brussells ...Who is employing them?It would be the same as what happened here in the Dail in Feb,groups invited to make a submission in person,which anyone can do online with the EU from their computor. This is a local political squabble for local power in Ireland.If the constitution allows,you need to call for a vote of no confidence at the EGM of the comitteee and for them to stand down.But you'd want to have new people ready and willing to go there and then.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

Yeah pretty much any shoot I done one or both of the guy being whined about was there to organise and help people. Personally been helped plenty by these guys. And as for some club not paying their dues for nearly a year... ah no let's not even discuss how that is unhelpful and self serving. Not something I can support.

We are not whining about one or two guys we are talking about the committee and their actions. Yes they have done good work in the past and nobody disputes that but they have dropped the ball now and their silence about the whole thing is only making it worse. What club didn't pay their dues for nearly a year by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

What ball was dropped. If it was that they left the coalition did they not leave because the Nasrpc did not get a seat on the fcp thus effectively leaving a lot of us gallery rifle and pistol shooters without a voice. Forgive me if I'm wrong but if it true that was the reason. I certainly think they did the right thing.

BillBen wrote: »
    What ball was dropped. If it was that they left the coalition did they not leave because the Nasrpc did not get a seat on the fcp thus effectively leaving a lot of us gallery rifle and pistol shooters without a voice. Forgive me if I'm wrong but if it true that was the reason. I certainly think they did the right thing.

You give me the impression that you have not read any of the preceding posts in this thread. The key issue is that they created the situation which caused the NASRPC not to get any seats on the FCP and then resigned from the SC to rub salt in the wound, despite being instructed not to do this by the majority of attendees at a large meeting in Hilltop which was set up to discuss their actions.Please go back and read all previous posts so that you understand the issues.

The title of this thread is as above. The new committee has 2 members who are existing members of the Sports Coalition so , de facto, the NASRPC is back in the SC. Therefore , this thread has served it's purpose. If recent posters want to continue speculation as regards the future performance of the new committee then let them start a new thread. I suggest a suitable title could be
    "We wuz robbed".

The title of this thread is as above. The new committee has 2 members who are existing members of the Sports Coalition so , de facto, the NASRPC is back in the SC. Therefore , this thread has served it's purpose. If recent posters want to continue speculation as regards the future performance of the new committee then let them start a new thread. I suggest a suitable title could be
    "We wuz robbed".

Was it voted on to rejoin the SC?

The NASRPC committee have to represent the NASRPC members first and foremost.

Do most NASRPC members want to be part of the SC? I don't remember a vote.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The title of this thread is as above. The new committee has 2 members who are existing members of the Sports Coalition so , de facto, the NASRPC is back in the SC.

Until a statement from the new committee saying they are back in the SC is issued then any guessing or "de facto" re-instatement to the SC is pure speculation.

Best bet is to let this thread run and if such a statement is issued then this thread can phase out naturally. If not, and they intend to remain separate from the SC then i'll look into splitting the NASRPC/SC posts out from the NASRPC internal posts and allow debate to continue on the original title/topic of the thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Do most NASRPC members want to be part of the SC? I don't remember a vote.

Yes you do. It was the first vote at the AGM and it was what the meeting was all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I think you should give the new committee a bit more credit than that.

It would be cool to have benchrest shotgun though. :-)
    Probably wouldn't look that different to some of the score cards I handed in down the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Yes you do. It was the first vote at the AGM and it was what the meeting was all about.

Proposed by....???
    And seconded by ....???
    Void motion .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

No it was not what the meeting was about, it was an AGM.
    The first vote at the agm was to reject the chairmans report. None of the motions put forward for discussion at the agm was for the NASRPC to rejoin the SC. it it's not on the agenda it cannot be voted on.

There was no such motion on the agenda of the AGM as required by the constitution

As far as I can remember, the first thing voted on was the Chairman's report.

Don't get me wrong, I will support the new committee but things have to be done right.

• Advertisement

Here is a copy of the motions put forward for the AGM,
    Nigel withdrew his before the meeting, Gerry withdrew some of his and asked David Hayes to do the same during the meeting.

Constitution Motions

Motion
    That a minimum of 51% of affiliated clubs must seek an EGM where the replacement of a committee member or the replacement of the committee is the subject of the EGM.
    Motion
    That there is a time limit of 1 month from the receipt of the first communication requesting an EGM by the secretary. If the required number of requests have not been received by the Secretary within this 1 month period, then the requested EGM can not proceed.
    Motion
    That all written communication with the secretary is via e-mail. This is considered a written communication and would satisfy the constitution.
    Motion
    That any EGM request, seeking the removal of any committee member or the committee, must be from affiliated clubs who are in good standing within the NASRPC for 2 consecutive years including the year of the EGM proposal.
    Motion – Donall Mc Groary
    NASRPC Calendar year to commence on 1st day of March and finish on the last day of february in the following year
    Motion – Donall McGroary
    50% of the money raised by a national competition run by the NASRPC would remain with the affiliated club and %50 would be retained by the NASRPC.

Motion – Gerry Mc Carthy
    That no member of the committee serve more than two consecutive terms regardless of the position on the committee.
    Motion – Clive Jackson
    From each NASRPC national and International event held that 10% (ten Percent) of the NET takings (profits) , after all expenses involved in running the said event are deducted, should be given back to the Club where the event was held. And that if a loss is made by the NASRPC from running said event that the NASRPC suffer that loss.
    Reasons:​
    To encourage more clubs to hold NASRPC run events. To give back to the clubs money that would have been forfeit by holding the NASRPC event. Eg. Revenue that is lost to the club on the day. To offset the expense that a club puts into an event before the NASRPC event is held at their club. To attract more clubs to affiliate to the NASRPC.
    Motion – Noel Thompson
    That a portion of all monies raised from NASRPC competitions be put aside to help fund the international teams’ travel expenses.

Reason:
    This in turn would hopefully encourage stiffer competition to get onto the Gallery Teams.
    BRC and An Riocht motions unaccepted – not affiliated.

Motion – Adam Smyth
    I would like to propose a motion to get some clarification on the course of events recently which led to An riocht claiming they are excluded from the NASRPC.
    Motion – Adam Smyth
    (My third motion. - Relates to conduct of committee members). That no one member can verbally or otherwise bring the NASRPC into disrepute by verbally or otherwise castigating another member, and that any member who feels so aggrieved, is entitled to formally petition the committee and seek the removal of that person from the committee if found to be in breach of this condition.

Motion -- Nigel Barrett
    2015 NASRPC AGM : Proposed Motions

I am proposing the following motions for AGM.

Primarily this is in response to the rumour and innuendo I have seen circulating on public fora in recent months. These proposals will make the operation of the NASRPC more transparent, encourage more participation in the running of the NASRPC by the member clubs and remove the chance for Human Error from competitor ranking & team selection.

I have itemised the proposed motions - also, for those that require a constitutional change I have provided an example constitutional amendment at the end.

Should only some of the motions be adopted I trust the incoming committee will ensure suitable amendments are made to implement them.


    [1] National Committee : Terms of Office
    [2] National Committee : Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes
    [3] National Committee : Club Representation
    [4] National Committee : Budgeting/Fundraising
    [5] National Committee : Affiliations and Associations
    [6] Remove Club Member Levy
    [7] NASRPC Competitor Ranking System.
    Proposed Constitutional amendment : Committee
    Proposed Constitutional amendment : Finance
    Proposed Constitutional Amendment : Membership
    Proposed Constitutional Amendment : Affiliations

I am proposing that the maximum term of office, that any one individual may serve on the national committee, across any committee roles, is to be set at three years.
    This will be measured from the AGM (e.g. AGM 2015) at which they are first elected to the AGM held three calendar years later (e.g. AGM 2018)
    No person may be nominated or elected following this term.

I propose that all National Committee meetings require a published agenda in advance.
    The agenda should have fixed items that occur at every meeting

Chairperson : membership report
    Competitions : competition report
    Treasurer : finance report.

Aswell as the items under discussion and votes to be held at the meeting.

All meeting should be minuted - including the invite, agenda, attendance records, votes held and matters under discussion.

The reports listed above should give an accounting of changes since the last committee meeting.

I am proposing that the makeup of the National Committee be altered to include one automatic representative from each member club, in good standing..

All committee meetings would be required to be notified, along with location, time & meeting agenda, to all affiliated clubs, aswell as elected committee members, at least five calendar days in advance.

Each club can then decide if they wish to have a representative attend the meeting.
    An affiliated club may ask any other member of an NASRPC affiliated club to attend as their proxy.
    As this is not an elected position - the three year rule listed previously does not take effect.
    Each member club is free to send whomsoever they wish.

All those in attendance at a committee meeting would have a vote on any of the agenda items.

Minutes from all committee meetings, including an attendance list, would then be circulated to all affiliated clubs, following the meeting, no later than five calendar days later.

Meeting Notifications, agendas and minutes will all be sent, by the Honorary secretary, to the email addresses provided as part of the affiliation form, by each affiliated club.
    I am proposing that the National Committee produce Budgets for their planned expenditure throughout the calendar year.

A newly elected committee should present an initial budget to a committee meeting within one calendar month of the AGM.

The Committee would then vote on whether they will attempt to fund those budgets.
    Those voted down will not be supported by the NASRPC, in that calendar year.
    Decisions will then need to be made on how to fundraise for each of the supported budgets.
    Membership Fees will be known and Competition Entry fees may be calculated based on the previous years - this will give a baseline from which to budget.

Any committee member may add additional budgeting requests to the agenda for any committee meeting.

This should be the only way that funding, for amounts greater than 100 euro, should be allocated going forward.

In recent times NASRPC has affiliated to, separated from and distanced itself publicly, from various groups and individuals - including such bodies as the Sports Coalition, The Firearms Consultative Panel, etc.
    These changes have the effect of altering the makeup and focus of the NASRPC.
    They have also caused much political division and indeed have threatened the very NASRPC itself.

For this reason, going forward, I propose that all changes by the NASRPC, to the groups it is affiliated to or associated with, including affiliation renewals, be made a discussion agenda items at the next committee meeting.
    This should include all groups, sporting, political, commercial, etc.

At that meeting the reasons for the change, the pros and cons, and how this change will aid the NASRPC achieve its aims and objectives should be outlined.
    Any conditions should be discussed.

If a vote is to be held, it must have been on the agenda in advance.

I do not see this as a part of the current constitution - I do not see it announced anywhere on the NASRPC website - however I am told that this is an agreed policy.

I propose that this be removed - Applying a levy to all members of a club, many of whom do not partake in NASRPC sports, is not a viable option.

Should specific budgeting requirements be made to the committee - a viable option is to ask the participants in NASRPC Competition to pay an additional entry fee, by way of fundraising.
    This way you are applying a levy to those members of clubs that do partake in NASRPC sports.

I am proposing that the NASRPC Ranking system be revamped - to make it properly objective - and remove any chance of human error.

I have previously (October 2015 & December 2015) provided a proposed Ranking System to the committee

Here is a link to it again.

Currently the constitution states the following in relation to the executive committee and National Discipline Co-ordinators
    Executive Committee

The management of the business of the NASRPC including the arrangements for
    meetings of the NASRPC shall be the responsibility of the Committee, which shall consist
    of

Hon. Chairman
    Hon. Secretary
    Hon. Treasurer
    Vice Chairman.
    Assistant Secretary
    Public Relations Officer
    National Competition Director
    National Development & Training Officer

The Committee shall meet at least three times per year and additionally as required to discharge the business of the NASRPC. At least one week's notice for meetings shall be given, which shall include an agenda of the meeting. The Committee shall carry out the day-to-day business of the NASRPC and deal with any other matters considered necessary.
    The Committee shall also have the power to appoint sub-committees and working groups as require carrying out the business of the NASRPC
    All elected and co-opted members of the NASRPC committee agree to act as statistics officer at two competitions per year.

National Discipline Co-Ordinators
    Under the direction of the National Competition Director and the Executive Committee, to promote their respective sports, the NASRPC shall request nominations from clubs or individuals for National Discipline Co-Ordinators to promote specific disciplines:

WA1500
    Precision Pistol & Revolver
    Gallery Rifle
    Sporting Rifle
    Benchrest
    Target Shotgun
    Classic and Black Powder Shooting
    I propose all of that be removed and the following put in its place.
    National Committee
    The NASRPC committee be formed of the following
    • Hon. Chairperson
    • Hon. Secretary
    • Hon. Treasurer
    • FCP representative
    • Safety Officer
    • Competitions Officer
    • Gallery Rifle
    • Pistol
    • Sporting Rifle
    • Benchrest Rifle
    • and one Associate Member from each member club.

All Committee position will be for the period between Annual General meetings, at which point all positions become vacant and elections will take place.

No Person may be a member of the committee for more than three years (although may be nominated by their club as an associate member following that)

Associate Committee Members (Member Clubs)
    Associate Members (member clubs) are not required to attend Committee meeting but if they do, will have a vote. As travel to committee meetings may not always be feasible, a member club may nominate, any member, of any other member club, to appear on their behalf..
    Committee Meetings
    For committee meeting to take place, the honorary secretary must invite all committee members and all member clubs, providing the meeting agenda - giving at least 5 calendar days notice.

A quorum will require at least 6 committee members (Excluding associate members) .

It will not be necessary for a physical meeting to take place, however, should discussions happen over the phone, email or other communication channels, all such communications, including the invite, agenda and attendance, must be minuted, by the Honorary Secretary.
    Should the Honorary Secretary not be able to attend or fulfil the above duties, the committee may nominate another member to fulfil the role for that meeting.
    Reporting
    All meetings of the committee and all decisions made by the committee must be minuted by the Honorary Secretary, including the names of those who are in attendance and any votes taken.
    Minutes will be made available, by the Honorary Secretary, to any member of the NASRPC, upon request.
    At the Annual General Meeting the Honorary Secretary shall give a summary report on committee meetings that took place in that year.

Currently the constitution states the following in relation to finances:

Management

The NASRPC shall have power through its Committee to appoint and remunerate staff for the purpose of conducting affairs of the NASRPC. The Committee shall also have the power to remunerate any person, or persons appointed as staff, with the repayment of expenses properly incurred in connection with carrying out duties on behalf of the NASRPC. The duties of staff may include such duties and powers as originally vested in the Secretary and such duties and powers as the Committee may consider appropriate to delegate.

Finance

The Association shall derive its funds from subscriptions, fund raising activities, grants,
    donations and any other source of legal income.
    The funds of the Association shall be applied to meet the Bona Fide financial commitments of the Association.
    There shall be an annual audit of the Associations’ funds and accounts. The funds of the Association shall be adequately safeguarded. Not less than two officers of the Committee shall sign documents authorizing the withdrawal of funds.
    The annual subscription, i.e. club affiliation fees shall be set by the Committee, subject to approval by the general body at the A.G.M. (see Appendix 2)
    At its first meeting following the A.G.M., the Committee shall arrange to ensure that proper records are kept of all financial transactions of the NASRPC and for the preparation each year for independent examination and submission to the Annual General Meeting of an income and expenditure account and balance sheet.
    The financial year shall end on December 31st of each year.

I propose that all of that be removed and replaced with the following.

Finance

The Association shall derive its funds from affiliations, competition entry fees, fund raising activities, grants, donations and any other source of legal income.

All Association funds shall be lodged to the Association's Bank Account.
    Records shall be kept, by the Honorary Treasurer, of the source of each lodgement.

The funds of the Association shall be applied to meet the Bona Fide financial commitments of the Association. These commitments shall be itemised as part of the treasurer's report at the Annual General Meeting of the Association. .Anyone seeking this list at another time will be provided with a copy of the minutes of the AGM.

The funds of the Association shall be adequately safeguarded. Not less than two officers of the Committee shall be required to sign documents authorizing the withdrawal of funds.

Budgeting

Incidental spending, of less than or equal to, one hundred euros, may be sanctioned by two members of the committee, without seeking budgeting approval.

All other expenditure,or any repeating expenditure where even less than one hundred euros, must seek authorisation from the committee, by way of a budgeting proposal, as an agenda item to a committee meeting of the NASRPC.

The committee will be required to decide whether or not to sanction the spending.

Reporting

A fixed agenda item to all committee meetings is an itemised income/expenditure report since the previous committee meeting, provided by the treasurer.

A Summary report will be provided to the NASRPC at the Annual General Meeting,

Minutes from all committee meetings and general meetings must be made available to any member of the NASRPC, upon request.
    Currently the Constitution states the following in relation to membership

Membership

Membership of the NASRPC shall be open to Target Shooting Clubs, on payment to the Association of a prescribed affiliation fee, such fee being agreed by the Committee at the Annual General Meeting. The affiliation fee should be paid direct to the Association Treasurer upon receipt of a Affiliation Letter/Invoice.

Application for membership of the NASRPC shall be made to the Committee on payment of the prescribed membership fee, then applicable, on the prescribed application form. The Committee shall have power to, without disclosing any reason, to refuse any application for membership. The decision of the Committee in relation to any application for membership shall be final.

Membership shall lapse in the event of failure to pay subscription in due time or within such extended time as may be agreed in writing by the Committee.

The NASRPC allow any Corporate or Professional groups or companies or individuals to seek Associate Non Voting membership of the NASRPC, for the fee to be agreed, on an annual basis, this could include Firearm Dealers, Insurance Companies etc. (See Appendix 1 for further details)

All application would be reviewed by the NASRPC committee to ensure the relationship is in the interests of and in conformance with, the aims and objectives of the association

The Affiliation of the NASRPC runs from January 1st to December 31st

Appendix 1 – Membership

Once associate membership has been awarded, these groups or individuals (associated providers) will then have the right to advertise their goods or services through the NASRPC Newsletter - maximum of one page (published electronically at a minimum tri-monthly), to promote their enterprise through the NASRPC website (via an affilated providers' page), to display and distribute promotional material at NASRPC events, with the prior approval of the NASRPC and host venue and should NASRPC be queried for advise on a provider of a specific service or goods, to have their details provided, without recommendation nor prejudice.

All associated providers will be treated equally with NASRPC not specifying any preference. In any instance where the NASRPC itself seeks goods or services it will undertake to seek quotes from relevant associate providers but reserves the right to choose a supplier or provider that is not affiliated to the NASRPC.

Appendix 2

Membership Rates for 2011
    Club /Association - 200.00
    Range - 50.00
    Associate Professional Organisations - 350.00

I propose all of that be removed and replaced with

Membership

NASRPC shall invite membership from Target Shooting Clubs on the Island of Ireland.

All members, in good standing, of the NASRPC shall hold an automatic, unelected, seat on the National Committee.

Membership Period.

Membership shall run from AGM to AGM of the NASRPC.

Where an application is received and accepted between these dates - the membership shall run until the date of the AGM following the acceptance.

Affiliation Fees

Affiliation fees are decided by an AGM of the NASRPC on an annual basis.
    Affiliation Fees payable for the year following the AGM (e.g. 2016 fees following the 2015 AGM) shall be for the amount decided at the AGM.

Applications

Membership application shall be made, on the prescribed form (Appendix D) to the Honorary Secretary of the NASRPC, along with the affiliation fee.
    Fees should be made by bank transfer or by cheque, draft or postal order, made payable to “National Association of Sporting Rifle & Pistol Clubs”

The Honorary Secretary shall issue a receipt for the membership application, within five calendar days. The membership fee, if cheque, draft, or postal order, shall be lodged to the NASRPC bank account. The Honorary Treasurer shall issue a receipt for any monies received, within five calendar days.

All Membership Applications received shall be made an agenda item at the next committee meeting of the NASRPC. At that meeting a vote shall be held to accept or refuse the membership application. The decision process and subsequent vote shall be minuted.

Where an application is accepted, the prospective member shall be informed within five calendar days that their application has been accepted.

Where an application is refused, the prospective member shall be informed within five calendar days and their application form and affiliation fee returned. A Receipt of this shall be requested.

Renewals

All Memberships become due for renewal the day following the AGM of the NASRPC, at which the affiliation fee is decided. Members will have one calendar month from this date to renew their membership.

Renewals will simply take the form of payment of the affiliation fee.

Should any of the details on the original membership application form have changed, a new application form should be submitted, to amend those details, with the renewal

Renewals should be sent to the Honorary Secretary of the NASRPC
    Fees should be made by bank transfer or by cheque, draft or postal order, made payable to “National Association of Sporting Rifle & Pistol Clubs”
    The Honorary Secretary shall issue a receipt for the membership renewal, within five calendar days. The renewal fee, if cheque, draft, or postal order, shall be lodged to the NASRPC bank account. The Honorary Treasurer shall issue a receipt for any monies received, within five calendar days.

Lapses

One calendar month from the date of the NASRPC AGM - a final reminder will be sent to any clubs whose membership has not been renewed.

This will give them one more calendar month to renew their membership. There will be no further official communication on the matter.

Should the renewal not have been received by the final date, the membership will be regarded as lapsed.

At this point the Chairperson of the NASRPC shall inform the member that their membership has lapsed and should they wish to be a member of the NASRPC in the future, they should submit a new Application for membership.

Reporting

At every Committee meeting of the NASRPC the Chairperson shall give a membership report. This should include new members, renewed members and lapsed members, since the last committee meeting.

At the Annual General meeting of the NASRPC the Chairperson shall deliver a membership report - outlining all new members, and lapsed members - during that year.
    Proposed Constitutional Amendment : Affiliations
    the existing constitution states the following in relation to affiliations

Page Footer

Incorporating the National Benchrest Association of Ireland & The WA1500 PPC Association of Ireland International Affiliation to the International Gallery Rifle Federation & The World Association 1500 PPC Federated National Governing Body and member of the Shooting Sports Association of Ireland

Declaration

The Association shall be the sole body representing competitive sporting rifle and pistol shooting in Ireland, and as such shall be affiliated to the Shooting Sports Association of Ireland (S.S.A.I.) and to any other national or international body as may be agreed necessary for the promotion of the sport.

Affiliation & Association

NASRPC will affiliate or associate with such groups as are necessary to facilitate it achieving its aims and objectives. This may include, but is not limited to, international sporting bodies, other national sporting bodies, lobby groups, etc that will further those goals.

Affiliation
    All affiliations and associations, both new and renewals, must be voted on at a committee meeting of the NASRPC. This vote must have been a scheduled agenda item for the meeting in question.
    Should the affiliation in question have a monetary cost, a budget proposal must also be submitted as an agenda item at the meeting.

Cancellation
    Cancellation of an affiliation, or allowing an affiliation to lapse, must also be decided by a vote at an NASRPC committee meeting. This vote must have been a scheduled agenda item for the meeting in question.
    Should the cancellation in question have a monetary cost, a budget proposal must also be submitted as an agenda item at the meeting.

Reporting
    All Affiliations and Associations must be notified to the NASRPC, as and when the occur.
    At AGM the Chairperson shall give a report of all affiliation changes during the past year and those that will be due for a vote on renewal in the coming year.

Motion – David Hayes
    Under Section “ Amendments to the Constitution”
    That:
    Amendments to the Constitution of the NASRPC shall be agreed only at an Annual General Meeting.
    Be replaced by:
    Amendments to the Constitution of the NASRPC, shall be agreed at the Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting
    Motion – David Hayes
    That € 10 per person member per affiliated club agreed at the 2014 AGM be removed forthwith.

AOB

Gallery Rifle Motions Received
    Motion – Clive Jackson
    ​That a person to be eligible for inclusion on the Irish National and International teamsmust have competed in at least 1 NASRPC national or International Event duringthe last year.
    Reasons:​To amend the current eligibility for inclusion on the Irish Teams
    To reverse the motion put forward at last years AGM where a person to be eligible for inclusion on the Irish Teams had to have competed in 3 NASRPC events in the last year.
    Motion -- Clive Jackson
    ​That a person to be eligible for inclusion on the Irish National and International Teams can be of any nationality provided;
    ​That they reside and have resided in Ireland for the last 5 years
    That they are paying taxes from their employment to the Irish Revenue, if in employment.
    Reasons:​There are now many more people from different countries living in Ireland. That said people may like to be able to shoot for their new homeland at a national or international level.
    To amend the current eligibility for inclusion on the Irish teams.
    Motion – Adam Smyth
    (Also a point on reinforcing the point). That your best scores qualify you to shoot as part of the national squad and nothing else and that no committee member has a right to interfere in any way with that process. Team captains and committee members included.
    Motion – Nigel Barrett
    NASRPC Rankings NASRPC will maintain ongoing ranking tables for all competitors who have competed in NASRPC, or NASRPC recognised competition. The purpose of this is to identify our best competitors to facilitate selection for Championship Finals and for Irish Teams Anyone who feels they should qualify but are excluded because of the rules may seek arbitration from the NASRPC committee, who may make an exception in their case prior to altering these rules, following consultation with the NASRPC.
    • Ranking Tables
    • Ranking Scores
    • Ranking Formula
    • Tie Breaks
    • Arbitration Period
    • Qualifying individuals
    • NASRPC Events
    • NASRPC Recognised Events
    • IGRF Events
    • NRBAI/ERABSF/WRABF Events
    • Phoenix Match
    • German Open
    • Club Events
    • “Other” Events
    • National Championship Qualification
    • Irish Team Selection
    • GRSB1500 Irish Team
    • GRCF1500 Irish Team
    • “Other” Irish Teams

Ranking Tables The ranking table will contain all scores registered at NASRPC, or NASRPC Recognised events. A separate Ranking Table will be maintained for each of the following disciplines
    GRSB1500 Gallery Rifle Smallbore ­ 1500 GRSB1020 Gallery Rifle Smallbore ­ 1020 GRSBTP1 Gallery Rifle Smallbore ­ Timed & Precision 1 GRSBMT Gallery Rifle Smallbore ­ Multi Target GRSB25P Gallery Rifle Smallbore ­ 25m Precision GRSB1500 Gallery Rifle Centrefire ­ 1500 GRSB1020 Gallery Rifle Centrefire ­ 1020 GRSBTP1 Gallery Rifle Centrefire ­ Timed & Precision 1 GRSBMT Gallery Rifle Centrefire ­ Multi Target GRSB25P Gallery Rifle Centrefire ­ 25m Precision GRM11500 Gallery Rifle M1 ­ 1500 GRM1TP1 Gallery Rifle M1 ­ Timed & Precision 1 SBPTP1 Smallbore Pistol ­ Timed & Precision 1 SBPMT Smallbore Pistol ­ Multi Target SBP25P Smallbore Pistol ­ 25m Precision SBPGP40 Smallbore Pistol ­ GP40 CFPTP1 Centrefire Pistol ­ Timed & Precision 1 CFPMT Centrefire Pistol ­ Multi Target CFP25P Centrefire Pistol ­ 25m Precision SPR50P Sporting Rifle ­ 50m Prone BR50HV 50m Benchrest Rifle ­ Heavy Varmint BR50LV 50m Benchrest Rifle ­ Light Varmint BR50IS 50m Benchrest Rifle ­ International Sporter BR50FS 50m Benchrest Rifle ­ Factory Sporter

Ranking Scores In order to incorporate X counts in the scores ­ scores in the ranking table will be recorded as Score + (X*0.001)
    So a score of 1489/99 would be recorded as 1489.099, whereas a score of 1489/100 would be recorded as 1489.1, giving a higher mathematical ranking.
    Ranking Formula
    The Ranking formula will be as follows Sum of three highest scores, in the preceding 12 calendar months from the date of the last recognised event. So if the last recognised match was dated 12th September 2015 ­ then the three highest ranking scores recorded by a competitor between 13th September 2014 and 12th September 2015, inclusive, will be added to give their ranking score.
    Tie Breaks Where a tie break situation occurs in the ranking tables ­ i.e. two people on equal ranking score. Then the most recent score ­ the score from each person's most recent recognised event ­ will be used as the decider. Should those be equal, each person's next most recent score will be used and so on ­ until a difference is found. This will ensure that people on equal ranking scores will be separated by their most recent performances.
    Arbitration Period
    Where any score is submitted at NASRPC, or NASRPC recognised events. Upon publication of those scores on the NASRPC website, there will be a 10 calendar day arbitration period, where people may query the scores and correct errors. The date and time on which arbitration ends will be published with the results. If any corrections are made, the website will be updated, the ranking lists will be updated ­ however the original time and date for an end to the arbitration period will remain. After the published date and time for an end to arbitration, no further arbitration requests will be accepted.
    Qualifying individuals
    Unless otherwise stated, all individuals competing in NASRPC events, or members of NASRPC clubs competing in Non NASRPC events will have their scores recorded in the ranking tables.
    Team Selection,
    Championship finalists etc may have further qualifying criteria, which will be outlined in those sections.
    NASRPC Events
    NASRPC events are National and International Events scheduled and run by the NASRPC. The dates of these events will be published as part of the NASRPC Competition Calendar. This includes All NASRPC National Matches, NASRPC National Championship Finals, the NASRPC Irish Open and Irish Leg of the IGRF Series. Unless otherwise stated, all scores submitted at these events will be regarded as Ranking Scores and entered into the relevant Ranking Tables.
    NASRPC Recognised Events
    NASRPC may decide to recognise scores, for qualifying individuals, from events not run by NASRPC, for the purposes of ranking. Unless otherwise stated, In order for scores from these events to be recognised, they must be scheduled prior to the publication of the NASRPC competition calendar in the same year.
    IGRF Events
    NASRPC will recognise all scores entered at International Gallery Rifle Federation Events.
    NRBAI/ERABSF/WRABF Events
    NASRPC will recognise all scores entered at National Rimfire Benchrest Association or Ireland (NRBAI), European Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Shooting Federation (ERABSF) & World Rimfire and Air Rifle Benchrest Federation (WRABF) Events
    Phoenix Match
    NASRPC will recognise all scores entered at the Phoenix Meeting, held, annually, by NRA UK at the Bisley Shooting Grounds in England.
    German Open
    NASRPC will recognise all scores entered at The German Open Action Weekend, held, annually, by the BDMP, in Leitmar, Germany.
    Club Events
    Should an NASRPC club wish to have scores in some, or all, disciplines shot at one, or more, of its club events, recognised for the purposes of ranking; then it may make a request, to the NASRPC committee, for scores at that event to be recognised, The match must be open to all competitors, and the request made prior to the publication of the

NASRPC Competition Calendar
    NASRPC may decide to not include such matches, if it feels that their inclusion would in any way disenfranchise any competitors within the NASRPC. If NASRPC decides to recognise scores from the event, then it will be published as a “Non­NASRPC Event” in the NASRPC calendar and advertised to the NASRPC, highlighting that scores will be included in the ranking tables. In order for scores to count, an NASRPC Range Officer must act as CRO during the discipline(s) in question, to ensure they are run to National standards and equity of rules and challenge are experienced. Scores, scoresheets, and an RO report, must be submitted to the NASRPC Competition Director, following the event, following which, the scores will be published by the NASRPC and the Ranking Lists updated. The normal arbitration period will apply So should, e.g. SmallButMighty Shooting Club want the scores from it’s 2016 Xmas Party Shoot to count for the purposes of Ranking, then they would need to make a request to NASRPC, prior to the publication of the 2016 Competition Calendar.
    “Other” Events
    Should a competitor intend to compete in any other event, and wish for their scores to be counted towards ranking, they may make a request to the NASRPC. The event in question must have been scheduled prior to the publication of the NASRPC calendar in that year, must be open to all competitors, and the request must be made at least three calendar months prior to the start of the event. NASRPC may decide to not include scores from such matches, if it feels that their inclusion would in any way disenfranchise any competitors within the NASRPC. If NASRPC decides to include scores from this event then it will be published as a “Non­NASRPC Event” in the NASRPC calendar and advertised to the NASRPC, highlighting that scores will be included in the ranking tables. Following the event, competitors must forward the official results of the competition, along with contact details for the match director, to the NASRPC Competition Director, following which, the scores will be published by the NASRPC and the Ranking Lists updated. The normal arbitration period will apply. In this instance, It will be the responsibility of the competitor, to inform the NASRPC Competition Director, by way of an arbitration request, of any changes to the published scores.
    National Championship Qualification
    NASRPC will hold National Championship Finals each year, in each of the disciplines for which Ranking tables are maintained. The Championship Finalists will be the Top 10 competitors in the ranking table for each discipline, following the last NASRPC, or NASRPC recognised event, prior to the Championship Finals Date. All Finalists will compete in their discipline on one day, at the location advertised by the NASRPC. Championship medals will be awarded based on scores in that Championship Final event alone. In the event that any qualifying competitor is unable to attend, then their slot will remain vacant. Only the Top 10 may compete.

Irish Team Selection
    Where NASRPC is entering an Irish team in an International event ­ the ranking tables will be used to select the team, from those who qualify to represent Ireland. Where the qualifying team are not all able to attend, the next highest ranking will be brought into the team. Unless otherwise Specified, the Team Captain will be the highest ranking member of the team, on the starting day of the competition. Those who “qualify to represent Ireland” are: Any holder of an Irish passport or anyone normally resident on the Island of Ireland, or at least one of whose Parents were born on the Island of Ireland, or at least one of whose Grandparents were born on the Island of Ireland are eligible for team selection.

GRSB1500 Irish Team
    Team Members
    Top 5 Ranking Team Captain Top Ranking Subs Next from Ranking Table, that is able to attend competition. Min Qualifying Score 1450 Min Number of events 3 Ranking Scores @ NASRPC Events in Preceding 12 months including, at least, 1 Ranking Score, @ any of the 3 ranking events prior to team selection
    Selection Date
    14 days prior to event.
    GRCF1500 Irish Team
    Team Members
    Top 5 Ranking Team Captain Top Ranking Subs Next from Ranking Table, that is able to attend competition. Min Qualifying Score 1470 Min Number of events 3 Ranking Scores @ NASRPC Events in Preceding 12 months including, at least, 1 Ranking Score, @ any of the 3 ranking events prior to team selection
    Selection Date
    14 days prior to event.
    “Other” Irish Teams
    Team Members Top Ranking Team Captain Top Ranking Subs Next from Ranking Table, that is able to attend competition.

Motion – David Hayes
    That the 2015 committee of the NASRPC explain what happened regarding their handling of their relationship with the Sports Council and the consequences of this in the following areas:
    The undertakings they gave on joining the SC.
    Why they broke these agreements by doing “solo runs”
    Why they chose to discuss the “apprenticeship scheme” with the DOJ/Minister
    Why they did not explain their position to the SC.
    Why they did not do as instructed by the members meeting at Hilltop as regards reaching an agreement with the SC
    Why they chose to resign from the SC
    Why they changed the long standing method of handling late payments of member club’s fees and used this as a means of reducing the voting power of clubs who had criticised them.
    Why they did not call an EGM even though they had received requests for an EGM from the specified proportion of member clubs
    Why they have not answered any of these questions before now.
    Following their explanations on the above questions and appropriate debate a vote of member clubs present should be held on whether they remain in office for 2016 or are replaced by a new committee elected from the floor.

Constitution Motions

Motion
    That a minimum of 51% of affiliated clubs must seek an EGM where the replacement of a committee member or the replacement of the committee is the subject of the EGM.
    Motion
    That there is a time limit of 1 month from the receipt of the first communication requesting an EGM by the secretary. If the required number of requests have not been received by the Secretary within this 1 month period, then the requested EGM can not proceed.
    Motion
    That all written communication with the secretary is via e-mail. This is considered a written communication and would satisfy the constitution.
    Motion
    That any EGM request, seeking the removal of any committee member or the committee, must be from affiliated clubs who are in good standing within the NASRPC for 2 consecutive years including the year of the EGM proposal.
    Motion – Donall Mc Groary
    NASRPC Calendar year to commence on 1st day of March and finish on the last day of february in the following year
    Motion – Donall McGroary
    50% of the money raised by a national competition run by the NASRPC would remain with the affiliated club and %50 would be retained by the NASRPC.

Motion – Gerry Mc Carthy
    That no member of the committee serve more than two consecutive terms regardless of the position on the committee.
    Motion – Clive Jackson
    From each NASRPC national and International event held that 10% (ten Percent) of the NET takings (profits) , after all expenses involved in running the said event are deducted, should be given back to the Club where the event was held. And that if a loss is made by the NASRPC from running said event that the NASRPC suffer that loss.
    Reasons:​
    To encourage more clubs to hold NASRPC run events. To give back to the clubs money that would have been forfeit by holding the NASRPC event. Eg. Revenue that is lost to the club on the day. To offset the expense that a club puts into an event before the NASRPC event is held at their club. To attract more clubs to affiliate to the NASRPC.
    Motion – Noel Thompson
    That a portion of all monies raised from NASRPC competitions be put aside to help fund the international teams’ travel expenses.

Reason:
    This in turn would hopefully encourage stiffer competition to get onto the Gallery Teams.
    BRC and An Riocht motions unaccepted – not affiliated.

Motion – Adam Smyth
    I would like to propose a motion to get some clarification on the course of events recently which led to An riocht claiming they are excluded from the NASRPC.
    Motion – Adam Smyth
    (My third motion. - Relates to conduct of committee members). That no one member can verbally or otherwise bring the NASRPC into disrepute by verbally or otherwise castigating another member, and that any member who feels so aggrieved, is entitled to formally petition the committee and seek the removal of that person from the committee if found to be in breach of this condition.

Motion -- Nigel Barrett

I am proposing the following motions for AGM.

Primarily this is in response to the rumour and innuendo I have seen circulating on public fora in recent months. These proposals will make the operation of the NASRPC more transparent, encourage more participation in the running of the NASRPC by the member clubs and remove the chance for Human Error from competitor ranking & team selection.

I have itemised the proposed motions - also, for those that require a constitutional change I have provided an example constitutional amendment at the end.

Should only some of the motions be adopted I trust the incoming committee will ensure suitable amendments are made to implement them.


    Proposed Constitutional Amendment : Affiliations

I am proposing that the maximum term of office, that any one individual may serve on the national committee, across any committee roles, is to be set at three years.
    This will be measured from the AGM (e.g. AGM 2015) at which they are first elected to the AGM held three calendar years later (e.g. AGM 2018)
    No person may be nominated or elected following this term.

I propose that all National Committee meetings require a published agenda in advance.
    The agenda should have fixed items that occur at every meeting

Chairperson : membership report
    Competitions : competition report
    Treasurer : finance report.

Aswell as the items under discussion and votes to be held at the meeting.

All meeting should be minuted - including the invite, agenda, attendance records, votes held and matters under discussion.

The reports listed above should give an accounting of changes since the last committee meeting.

I am proposing that the makeup of the National Committee be altered to include one automatic representative from each member club, in good standing..

All committee meetings would be required to be notified, along with location, time & meeting agenda, to all affiliated clubs, aswell as elected committee members, at least five calendar days in advance.

Each club can then decide if they wish to have a representative attend the meeting.
    An affiliated club may ask any other member of an NASRPC affiliated club to attend as their proxy.
    As this is not an elected position - the three year rule listed previously does not take effect.
    Each member club is free to send whomsoever they wish.

All those in attendance at a committee meeting would have a vote on any of the agenda items.

Minutes from all committee meetings, including an attendance list, would then be circulated to all affiliated clubs, following the meeting, no later than five calendar days later.

Meeting Notifications, agendas and minutes will all be sent, by the Honorary secretary, to the email addresses provided as part of the affiliation form, by each affiliated club.
    I am proposing that the National Committee produce Budgets for their planned expenditure throughout the calendar year.

A newly elected committee should present an initial budget to a committee meeting within one calendar month of the AGM.

The Committee would then vote on whether they will attempt to fund those budgets.
    Those voted down will not be supported by the NASRPC, in that calendar year.
    Decisions will then need to be made on how to fundraise for each of the supported budgets.
    Membership Fees will be known and Competition Entry fees may be calculated based on the previous years - this will give a baseline from which to budget.

Any committee member may add additional budgeting requests to the agenda for any committee meeting.

This should be the only way that funding, for amounts greater than 100 euro, should be allocated going forward.

In recent times NASRPC has affiliated to, separated from and distanced itself publicly, from various groups and individuals - including such bodies as the Sports Coalition, The Firearms Consultative Panel, etc.
    These changes have the effect of altering the makeup and focus of the NASRPC.
    They have also caused much political division and indeed have threatened the very NASRPC itself.

For this reason, going forward, I propose that all changes by the NASRPC, to the groups it is affiliated to or associated with, including affiliation renewals, be made a discussion agenda items at the next committee meeting.
    This should include all groups, sporting, political, commercial, etc.

At that meeting the reasons for the change, the pros and cons, and how this change will aid the NASRPC achieve its aims and objectives should be outlined.
    Any conditions should be discussed.

If a vote is to be held, it must have been on the agenda in advance.

I do not see this as a part of the current constitution - I do not see it announced anywhere on the NASRPC website - however I am told that this is an agreed policy.

I propose that this be removed - Applying a levy to all members of a club, many of whom do not partake in NASRPC sports, is not a viable option.

Should specific budgeting requirements be made to the committee - a viable option is to ask the participants in NASRPC Competition to pay an additional entry fee, by way of fundraising.
    This way you are applying a levy to those members of clubs that do partake in NASRPC sports.

I am proposing that the NASRPC Ranking system be revamped - to make it properly objective - and remove any chance of human error.

I have previously (October 2015 & December 2015) provided a proposed Ranking System to the committee

Here is a link to it again.

Currently the constitution states the following in relation to the executive committee and National Discipline Co-ordinators
    Executive Committee

The management of the business of the NASRPC including the arrangements for
    meetings of the NASRPC shall be the responsibility of the Committee, which shall consist
    of

Hon. Chairman
    Hon. Secretary
    Hon. Treasurer
    Vice Chairman.
    Assistant Secretary
    Public Relations Officer
    National Competition Director
    National Development & Training Officer

The Committee shall meet at least three times per year and additionally as required to discharge the business of the NASRPC. At least one week's notice for meetings shall be given, which shall include an agenda of the meeting. The Committee shall carry out the day-to-day business of the NASRPC and deal with any other matters considered necessary.
    The Committee shall also have the power to appoint sub-committees and working groups as require carrying out the business of the NASRPC
    All elected and co-opted members of the NASRPC committee agree to act as statistics officer at two competitions per year.

National Discipline Co-Ordinators
    Under the direction of the National Competition Director and the Executive Committee, to promote their respective sports, the NASRPC shall request nominations from clubs or individuals for National Discipline Co-Ordinators to promote specific disciplines:

WA1500
    Precision Pistol & Revolver
    Gallery Rifle
    Sporting Rifle
    Benchrest
    Target Shotgun
    Classic and Black Powder Shooting
    I propose all of that be removed and the following put in its place.
    National Committee
    The NASRPC committee be formed of the following
    • Hon. Chairperson
    • Hon. Secretary
    • Hon. Treasurer
    • FCP representative
    • Safety Officer
    • Competitions Officer
    • Gallery Rifle
    • Pistol
    • Sporting Rifle
    • Benchrest Rifle
    • and one Associate Member from each member club.

All Committee position will be for the period between Annual General meetings, at which point all positions become vacant and elections will take place.

No Person may be a member of the committee for more than three years (although may be nominated by their club as an associate member following that)

Associate Committee Members (Member Clubs)
    Associate Members (member clubs) are not required to attend Committee meeting but if they do, will have a vote. As travel to committee meetings may not always be feasible, a member club may nominate, any member, of any other member club, to appear on their behalf..
    Committee Meetings
    For committee meeting to take place, the honorary secretary must invite all committee members and all member clubs, providing the meeting agenda - giving at least 5 calendar days notice.

A quorum will require at least 6 committee members (Excluding associate members) .

It will not be necessary for a physical meeting to take place, however, should discussions happen over the phone, email or other communication channels, all such communications, including the invite, agenda and attendance, must be minuted, by the Honorary Secretary.
    Should the Honorary Secretary not be able to attend or fulfil the above duties, the committee may nominate another member to fulfil the role for that meeting.
    Reporting
    All meetings of the committee and all decisions made by the committee must be minuted by the Honorary Secretary, including the names of those who are in attendance and any votes taken.
    Minutes will be made available, by the Honorary Secretary, to any member of the NASRPC, upon request.
    At the Annual General Meeting the Honorary Secretary shall give a summary report on committee meetings that took place in that year.

Currently the constitution states the following in relation to finances:

Management

The NASRPC shall have power through its Committee to appoint and remunerate staff for the purpose of conducting affairs of the NASRPC. The Committee shall also have the power to remunerate any person, or persons appointed as staff, with the repayment of expenses properly incurred in connection with carrying out duties on behalf of the NASRPC. The duties of staff may include such duties and powers as originally vested in the Secretary and such duties and powers as the Committee may consider appropriate to delegate.

Finance

The Association shall derive its funds from subscriptions, fund raising activities, grants,
    donations and any other source of legal income.
    The funds of the Association shall be applied to meet the Bona Fide financial commitments of the Association.
    There shall be an annual audit of the Associations’ funds and accounts. The funds of the Association shall be adequately safeguarded. Not less than two officers of the Committee shall sign documents authorizing the withdrawal of funds.
    The annual subscription, i.e. club affiliation fees shall be set by the Committee, subject to approval by the general body at the A.G.M. (see Appendix 2)
    At its first meeting following the A.G.M., the Committee shall arrange to ensure that proper records are kept of all financial transactions of the NASRPC and for the preparation each year for independent examination and submission to the Annual General Meeting of an income and expenditure account and balance sheet.
    The financial year shall end on December 31st of each year.

Finance

The Association shall derive its funds from affiliations, competition entry fees, fund raising activities, grants, donations and any other source of legal income.

All Association funds shall be lodged to the Association's Bank Account.
    Records shall be kept, by the Honorary Treasurer, of the source of each lodgement.

The funds of the Association shall be applied to meet the Bona Fide financial commitments of the Association. These commitments shall be itemised as part of the treasurer's report at the Annual General Meeting of the Association. .Anyone seeking this list at another time will be provided with a copy of the minutes of the AGM.

The funds of the Association shall be adequately safeguarded. Not less than two officers of the Committee shall be required to sign documents authorizing the withdrawal of funds.

Budgeting

Incidental spending, of less than or equal to, one hundred euros, may be sanctioned by two members of the committee, without seeking budgeting approval.

All other expenditure,or any repeating expenditure where even less than one hundred euros, must seek authorisation from the committee, by way of a budgeting proposal, as an agenda item to a committee meeting of the NASRPC.

The committee will be required to decide whether or not to sanction the spending.

Reporting

A fixed agenda item to all committee meetings is an itemised income/expenditure report since the previous committee meeting, provided by the treasurer.

A Summary report will be provided to the NASRPC at the Annual General Meeting,

Minutes from all committee meetings and general meetings must be made available to any member of the NASRPC, upon request.
    Currently the Constitution states the following in relation to membership

Membership

Membership of the NASRPC shall be open to Target Shooting Clubs, on payment to the Association of a prescribed affiliation fee, such fee being agreed by the Committee at the Annual General Meeting. The affiliation fee should be paid direct to the Association Treasurer upon receipt of a Affiliation Letter/Invoice.

Application for membership of the NASRPC shall be made to the Committee on payment of the prescribed membership fee, then applicable, on the prescribed application form. The Committee shall have power to, without disclosing any reason, to refuse any application for membership. The decision of the Committee in relation to any application for membership shall be final.

Membership shall lapse in the event of failure to pay subscription in due time or within such extended time as may be agreed in writing by the Committee.

The NASRPC allow any Corporate or Professional groups or companies or individuals to seek Associate Non Voting membership of the NASRPC, for the fee to be agreed, on an annual basis, this could include Firearm Dealers, Insurance Companies etc. (See Appendix 1 for further details)

All application would be reviewed by the NASRPC committee to ensure the relationship is in the interests of and in conformance with, the aims and objectives of the association

The Affiliation of the NASRPC runs from January 1st to December 31st

Appendix 1 – Membership

Once associate membership has been awarded, these groups or individuals (associated providers) will then have the right to advertise their goods or services through the NASRPC Newsletter - maximum of one page (published electronically at a minimum tri-monthly), to promote their enterprise through the NASRPC website (via an affilated providers' page), to display and distribute promotional material at NASRPC events, with the prior approval of the NASRPC and host venue and should NASRPC be queried for advise on a provider of a specific service or goods, to have their details provided, without recommendation nor prejudice.

All associated providers will be treated equally with NASRPC not specifying any preference. In any instance where the NASRPC itself seeks goods or services it will undertake to seek quotes from relevant associate providers but reserves the right to choose a supplier or provider that is not affiliated to the NASRPC.

Appendix 2

Membership Rates for 2011
    Club /Association - 200.00
    Range - 50.00
    Associate Professional Organisations - 350.00

I propose all of that be removed and replaced with

Membership

NASRPC shall invite membership from Target Shooting Clubs on the Island of Ireland.

All members, in good standing, of the NASRPC shall hold an automatic, unelected, seat on the National Committee.

Membership Period.

Membership shall run from AGM to AGM of the NASRPC.

Where an application is received and accepted between these dates - the membership shall run until the date of the AGM following the acceptance.

Affiliation Fees

Affiliation fees are decided by an AGM of the NASRPC on an annual basis.
    Affiliation Fees payable for the year following the AGM (e.g. 2016 fees following the 2015 AGM) shall be for the amount decided at the AGM.

Applications

Membership application shall be made, on the prescribed form (Appendix D) to the Honorary Secretary of the NASRPC, along with the affiliation fee.

The Honorary Secretary shall issue a receipt for the membership application, within five calendar days. The membership fee, if cheque, draft, or postal order, shall be lodged to the NASRPC bank account. The Honorary Treasurer shall issue a receipt for any monies received, within five calendar days.

All Membership Applications received shall be made an agenda item at the next committee meeting of the NASRPC. At that meeting a vote shall be held to accept or refuse the membership application. The decision process and subsequent vote shall be minuted.

Where an application is accepted, the prospective member shall be informed within five calendar days that their application has been accepted.

Where an application is refused, the prospective member shall be informed within five calendar days and their application form and affiliation fee returned. A Receipt of this shall be requested.

Renewals

All Memberships become due for renewal the day following the AGM of the NASRPC, at which the affiliation fee is decided. Members will have one calendar month from this date to renew their membership.

Renewals will simply take the form of payment of the affiliation fee.

Should any of the details on the original membership application form have changed, a new application form should be submitted, to amend those details, with the renewal

Renewals should be sent to the Honorary Secretary of the NASRPC
    The Honorary Secretary shall issue a receipt for the membership renewal, within five calendar days. The renewal fee, if cheque, draft, or postal order, shall be lodged to the NASRPC bank account. The Honorary Treasurer shall issue a receipt for any monies received, within five calendar days.

Lapses

One calendar month from the date of the NASRPC AGM - a final reminder will be sent to any clubs whose membership has not been renewed.

This will give them one more calendar month to renew their membership. There will be no further official communication on the matter.

Should the renewal not have been received by the final date, the membership will be regarded as lapsed.

At this point the Chairperson of the NASRPC shall inform the member that their membership has lapsed and should they wish to be a member of the NASRPC in the future, they should submit a new Application for membership.

Reporting

At every Committee meeting of the NASRPC the Chairperson shall give a membership report. This should include new members, renewed members and lapsed members, since the last committee meeting.

At the Annual General meeting of the NASRPC the Chairperson shall deliver a membership report - outlining all new members, and lapsed members - during that year.
    Proposed Constitutional Amendment : Affiliations
    the existing constitution states the following in relation to affiliations

Page Footer

Incorporating the National Benchrest Association of Ireland & The WA1500 PPC Association of Ireland International Affiliation to the International Gallery Rifle Federation & The World Association 1500 PPC Federated National Governing Body and member of the Shooting Sports Association of Ireland

Declaration

The Association shall be the sole body representing competitive sporting rifle and pistol shooting in Ireland, and as such shall be affiliated to the Shooting Sports Association of Ireland (S.S.A.I.) and to any other national or international body as may be agreed necessary for the promotion of the sport.

Affiliation & Association

NASRPC will affiliate or associate with such groups as are necessary to facilitate it achieving its aims and objectives. This may include, but is not limited to, international sporting bodies, other national sporting bodies, lobby groups, etc that will further those goals.

Affiliation
    All affiliations and associations, both new and renewals, must be voted on at a committee meeting of the NASRPC. This vote must have been a scheduled agenda item for the meeting in question.
    Should the affiliation in question have a monetary cost, a budget proposal must also be submitted as an agenda item at the meeting.

Cancellation
    Cancellation of an affiliation, or allowing an affiliation to lapse, must also be decided by a vote at an NASRPC committee meeting. This vote must have been a scheduled agenda item for the meeting in question.
    Should the cancellation in question have a monetary cost, a budget proposal must also be submitted as an agenda item at the meeting.

Reporting
    All Affiliations and Associations must be notified to the NASRPC, as and when the occur.
    At AGM the Chairperson shall give a report of all affiliation changes during the past year and those that will be due for a vote on renewal in the coming year.

Motion – David Hayes
    Under Section “ Amendments to the Constitution”
    That:
    Amendments to the Constitution of the NASRPC shall be agreed only at an Annual General Meeting.
    Be replaced by:
    Amendments to the Constitution of the NASRPC, shall be agreed at the Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting
    Motion – David Hayes
    That € 10 per person member per affiliated club agreed at the 2014 AGM be removed forthwith.

homerhop wrote: »
    No it was not what the meeting was about, it was an AGM.
    The first vote at the agm was to reject the chairmans report. None of the motions put forward for discussion at the agm was for the NASRPC to rejoin the SC. it it's not on the agenda it cannot be voted on.

I am surprised that I have to spell it out Homer but we both know that the first vote at the AGM was the crucial one, so did the chairman at the time. The issues which brought about the premature AGM, which resulted from attempts to stave off an EGM, was the way in which the previous committee left the SC in the first place and then what they did to avoid an EGM. Everything else flowed from this. We all knew , going into the AGM, that it was all about this and whether the committee would be replaced. It therefor follows that , by voting in the new committee, it was implicit that the decision to replace the existing committee was a vote to reverse the previous actions. What is done, is done. Move on.

I am surprised that I have to spell it out Homer but we both know that the first vote at the AGM was the crucial one, so did the chairman at the time. The issues which brought about the premature AGM, which resulted from attempts to stave off an EGM, was the way in which the previous committee left the SC in the first place and then what they did to avoid an EGM. Everything else flowed from this. We all knew , going into the AGM, that it was all about this and whether the committee would be replaced. It therefor follows that , by voting in the new committee, it was implicit that the decision to replace the existing committee was a vote to reverse the previous actions. What is done, is done. Move on.

No the rules of an AGM are that only topics put forward are up for voting. Are you now saying that rules don't matter to the new committee

That might have been what the meeting was about for you.

Nothing is implicit. Either rejoining the SC was voted for or it wasn't.

I'm saying it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I thought we were done with the SC following the meeting? 4 seats on the FCP now.... that's all we need.

homerhop wrote: »
    No the rules of an AGM are that only topics put forward are up for voting. Are you now saying that rules don't matter to the new committee

Homer, Battlecorp, do you not understand the distinction between the normal procedural rules for such meetings and motions, which are pertaining to matters outside the usual procedural rules? Did anyone have to put forward a motion that the minutes of last year's AGM should be voted on? Are you going to declare that part of the meeting(which was the only part that proceeded to plan) as void? Was there a motion that the AGENDA should be in the shape it was before the meeting started? Was there a motion that the motion for defining the agenda should be taken before the motion was proceeded with? Time to move on.

I have spent enough time discussing yesterday with people who may or may not understand what happened and have seen enough evidence of sour grapes so my patience is exhausted and I will retire before I say what really needs saying and my posts will be removed. Bye Bye.

Homer, Battlecorp, do you not understand the distinction between the normal procedural rules for such meetings and motions, which are pertaining to matters outside the usual procedural rules? Did anyone have to put forward a motion that the minutes of last year's AGM should be voted on? Are you going to declare that part of the meeting(which was the only part that proceeded to plan) as void? Was there a motion that the AGENDA should be in the shape it was before the meeting started? Was there a motion that the motion for defining the agenda should be taken before the motion was proceeded with? Time to move on.

Regarding the minutes ,from the constitution.
    The following business shall be transacted; receive and if approved, adopt the agenda. The Chairman and Secretary’s reports, which includes from the Treasurer a statement of accountstotheendoftheyear. ElectionofofficersoftheAssociation.
    They were not approved.

Now back to ththe AGM. Where was it on the motions that the NASRPC rejoin the SC? There was a lot of shouting last night about the constitution and the former committee changing rules to suit themselves.
    So basic English seeing as you cannot grasp what I am saying. It was not on the AGM topics for discussion so it cannot be voted on. That is the constitution.
    I will not be moving on, I will be approaching my club secretary to seek clarification and I will also be contacting the new committee to clarify the matter.

I have spent enough time discussing yesterday with people who may or may not understand what happened and have seen enough evidence of sour grapes so my patience is exhausted and I will retire before I say what really needs saying and my posts will be removed. Bye Bye.

I was witness to an incident last night and seen some pretty vile attitudes in victory. Don't go taking a moral high ground when there are those on the other side no better with their grapes

• Advertisement

So, ignore the constitution and move on because it suits you, is that what you are saying?

Things weren't done properly.

There was no vote to rejoin the coalition. If the majority of shooters vote to rejoin the coalition then I'll go along with that. But I won't be told something was voted on when it wasn't.

Advertisement