Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never say never

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Belated congrats on the PB A, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

It was super to witness the PB, A ! Great excitement all together on a day when they were few and far between due to the difficult conditions. Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Last two weeks have been busy with Mc Jnrs 18th, her graduation from school, her pre drinks for her graduation and my nieces communion , Leinster match all events which contributed to a lack of running between them and working late. However the days I got running in I enjoyed it and have kept the fitness levels up with other things.

Mon rest day
    Tues working late
    Wed 17th 5 miles runmute followed by Pilates.
    Thursday 18th Friday sat no running due to the above.
    Determined to get out Sunday headed out after jnr park run for 9 miles very enjoyable avg pace 10.21.

Mon rest day
    Tuesday graduation and pre drinks no run
    Wednesday 5 miles runmute avg pace 10.04 followed by Pilates.

Fab weather and with Mc Jnr (the older) one getting an internship for the summer and looking to borrow my car I dusted off the bike and cycled into work. I used to cycle in and out of work years ago but it's a long time since I did the cyclemute. Had to be very organised leaving stuff in work. The stretch from Alfie Byrne to the turn for the port tunnel is horrible to cycle and quiet dangerous for cyclists and I actually found myself doing what is my pet hate with cyclists and I cycled on the path !!! Oh how the mighty have fallen.

5 miles in and out Thursday followed by an aqua running class. Was really interested in doing this as it focuses on form strength and conditioning and injuries you might have. Class is run by a physio so she knows her stuff. Found the session really good covering shallow water exercises and deeper water running exercises. Half the class is actually St Annes Parj Run ! Good work out enjoyed it.

Friday cycle in and out of work again 5 miles each way.

While not a huge amount of running had an active week. Hoping next week will bring more consistency in my running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Fab weather and with Mc Jnr (the older) one getting an internship for the summer and looking to borrow my car I dusted off the bike and cycled into work. I used to cycle in and out of work years ago but it's a long time since I did the cyclemute. Had to be very organised leaving stuff in work. The stretch from Alfie Byrne to the turn for the port tunnel is horrible to cycle and quiet dangerous for cyclists and I actually found myself doing what is my pet hate with cyclists and I cycled on the path !!! Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Friday cycle in and out of work again 5 miles each way.

That's a horrible road to drive, never mind cycle. A few side street options there you could cut through that will get you to the EEB although they might be a different kind of dangerous :p. There's a cycle track and a bus lane on North Strand too, longer journey but maybe less stressful!

It was more than 20 years since I'd cycled anywhere further than up and down to the train, things have definitely changed!! Glad to see your experience didn't put you off though.

That's a horrible road to drive, never mind cycle. A few side street options there you could cut through that will get you to the EEB although they might be a different kind of dangerous :p. There's a cycle track and a bus lane on North Strand too, longer journey but maybe less stressful!

It was more than 20 years since I'd cycled anywhere further than up and down to the train, things have definitely changed!! Glad to see your experience didn't put you off though.

Well let's see what the wind and rain will do to me weather very condusive to cycling at the mo !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Could you take the short cut through the East Point Business Park? It would avoid the horror spots and you can toddle across from the Bond Road to rejoin the Promenade Road and onto the East Wall Rd .

denis b wrote: »
    Could you take the short cut through the East Point Business Park? It would avoid the horror spots and you can toddle across from the Bond Road to rejoin the Promenade Road and onto the East Wall Rd .

Don't even know that Denis will google it and see thanks.

Finished off the week with pacing duties at St Annes Parkrun I did the 29 min pacer official time 28.58 did find myself coming in with a few seconds to spare even though I had kept on pace but apparently it's to do with the trees and the Garmin connection so will need to watch that next time. Got a great buzz out of doing this got a few thanks afterwards which is really nice.

Volunteering at jnr parkrun in st annes this morning and went out for 8 miles easy with a few of the pr gang. Avg pace 10.32 a nice leisurely run enjoyed it.

Only hit 16.8 miles for the week but hoping next week is a little less busy.

Dug out Myles graduate plan for hm which is a 14 week plan so will kick in from 11th June. Will try to incorporate club speed session on the days the speeds are required and park run for the tempo runs.

WMM 10km and pb 55.18 from 55.54 delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Congrats on the PB A. Delighted for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Super news! Hard work paying off. Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Nice ruining today A, great result.

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Nice ruining today A, great result.

Thanks for the lift in and for the shout out G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Super Anne, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

WMM 10km and pb 55.18 from 55.54 delighted :)

What another one??? Well done you!! Hope you're enjoying the celebration!

annapr wrote: »
    What another one??? Well done you!! Hope you're enjoying the celebration!

I'm a professional athlete !!! Ha ha had s few in Mc grattans then a few cocktails in Dakota ... home now cause I'm old and can't do hangovers any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I'm a professional athlete !!! Ha ha had s few in Mc grattans then a few cocktails in Dakota ... home now cause I'm old and can't do hangovers any more :)

And it's a work night :cool:

Very sensible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well done! It's not easy getting a pb in the míni marathon!

annapr wrote: »
    And it's a work night :cool:

Very sensible :p

Absolutely it's a work night :)

chickey2 wrote: »
    Well done! It's not easy getting a pb in the míni marathon!

We lined up right behind the elites only way to avoid the congestion it's the only race I would push forward in as walkers still manage to get into the runners section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Meant to say today A, D has Hanson HM plan on spread sheet on his log if you want to nick it:D just adjust times.

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Meant to say today A, D has Hanson HM plan on spread sheet on his log if you want to nick it:D just adjust times.

Ok thanks might have a look get in with the cool kids !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Great stuff! Not usually a PB race, you must have been bashing people out of your way :D

Singer wrote: »
    Great stuff! Not usually a PB race, you must have been bashing people out of your way :D

Not at all we were that far up the front of the runners we got out quiet quickly to be honest I've been more boxed in in other races so got a good stride in early on no congestion as the road was quiet wide for the full course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Well done A and good job getting a good starting position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Mrs Mc wrote:
    WMM 10km and pb 55.18 from 55.54 delighted

Good stuff! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Super stuff Anne. Very well raced. The cross training to/from work is not doing any harm at all:)

denis b wrote: »
    Super stuff Anne. Very well raced. The cross training to/from work is not doing any harm at all:)

It would seem not Denis :) might keep it up for another while so !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well Done A. Delighted for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Brilliant A!!! I hope that's not the report though :D delighted for you, loads of time left in the year for tons more PB's too ;)

Advertisement