Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Sunderland Midday (BT Sport 1)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

leister missed a first half peno and villa finally equalised with 15mins left for villa to nick the winner;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

A Villa win here would be most welcome and would undo the bad result on Wednesday... For all the Villa enthusiasm i can see a late Leicester winner though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finished 1-1 at Villa Park, They cant beat Villa but can turn us over. Football just does not make scence sometimes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'd happily take those results today. The way I see it, City and Arsenal are most likely going to pull away now but we can catch Lecister and keep ahead of those below us if we keep it going. Massive round of games next week too. All "top" teams have a tricky game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Stoke to do Arsenal and a Liverpool United draw. Would be the perfect finish to the weekend and maybe erase the poor performance from midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Two good results for us,now for Stoke to beat the goons and I'll take a draw in the other one tomorrow.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Think a united loss tomorrow would give LVG the bullet so I thibk I'd prefer a united win if someone had to win. It would also more then likely knock pool out of the race (or at least hurt them big time).

I'd fear Liverpool with Klopp TBH. I reckon they'll be serious next season.

So. We've been given a glimmer of hope then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

irishmover wrote:
    So. We've been given a glimmer of hope then.

For what now? League or top 4.

Top 4 is very much on. Both united and Liverpool are terrible. We would need to fall apart altogether to be pipped to fourth place by either.

I think the league is beyond us.

We've only picked up 4 points from the possible 9 available to us in the last 3 gameweeks.

In the same period Arsenal and Leicester have picked up 5, and City 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Third spot must be the target this season. Leicester, despite their result against us, will fall down. They simply don't have the squad to carry this across another 4 months. True it could be argued that neither have we but with united , Liverpool and Chelsea especially all absent so far we really should be setting automatic qualification as a must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Third spot must be the target this season. Leicester, despite their result against us, will fall down. They simply don't have the squad to carry this across another 4 months. True it could be argued that neither have we but with united , Liverpool and Chelsea especially all absent so far we really should be setting automatic qualification as a must.

I agree. Having said that, if someone offered me 4th place right now, I'd bite his hand off. Just saying...

For what now? League or top 4.

Top 4 is very much on. Both united and Liverpool are terrible. We would need to fall apart altogether to be pipped to fourth place by either.

I think the league is beyond us.

We've only picked up 4 points from the possible 9 available to us in the last 3 gameweeks.

In the same period Arsenal and Leicester have picked up 5, and City 7.

Both really. There's not a consistent team in the league. This weekend proved it. Leicester should be beating Villa, Arsenal should be beating Stoke.

The gap was closed at the weekend and extended from Liverpool. I think we've got a good chance of pushing it to the end but inevitably won't win the league. Only thing is our run in is quite hard IMO.

I'd consider us much more of a shout for third after this weekend than on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Its not that the league is a great chance but it has to be said that this is a good chance based on the way everyone is dropping points. If we got a little run of wins together there is a chance that we could be in the running for the league with 10 games to go. That is a brilliant situation to be in considering Spurs have never been in this position since the beginning of the Premier League. We also have a strong squad which makes this even better.

We just have to get top 4 or it will be a disaster considering how poor Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea are....we will never have a stronger chance for 3rd or 4th and "maybe" we will never get a better chance for 1st considering the money in the EPL

Advertisement