Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid stuff my dog barks at!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

my dog barks at me to let me know he has just done a pee on his pee pad so that I will give him a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The wheelbarrow and the lawnmower.

A friend of mine has a dog that goes apesh1t if anyone says the word "Ba$tard".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog barks at me, and no one else. It only happens when she thinks I'm delaying her walk. She's all sweetness to himself, but I get the barks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gillouise

My Lab barks at anything and nothing, especially when he thinks everyone has left the house and he goes to the kitchen or out the back to bark into the air, he gets very embarrassed when he realises someone is home!
    The little puppy we have didn't bark for 7 months but now he's starting to copy the big fella if anyone comes into the driveway or rings the bell.

Don't mind the little one's bark but the lab's bark is very loud and really hurts the ears sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

Mine barked at the cat ... just the once.

The cat looks and acts like a mafia boss.
    Bark in his general direction = whack!

So the dog now barks really really quietly at the cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Mine barks at the lawnmower.The lawnmower doesn't have to be doing anything.
    Often he goes into the shed just for a bark or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

'i've only read like the first ten or so posts on this thread, but it's enough to make me wish I had a dog. God damn, I want a dog!!...

....dogs are awesome. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

I was explaining to a couple of friends, the other day, how I'd lost my glasses. This came about largely because, as I explained to them; " I was just leaving the room and one of the Dogs had said something to set me off. "

Now; Both these guys are Dog men. Neither batted an eyelid or sought to question it. They knew.

Years ago now, I was in a group conversation and mentioned how one of my Dogs had been shouting. Some f**king dick weed turned round and said, as if he was talking a five year old;

" Stigura: Dogs Bark. They don't 'Shout'. They're Dogs. "

I just thought; " How f**king dozy is this idiot?! Patently knows f**k all about Dogs! "

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dog here has been trained by an expert not to bark except at certain things.

If someone is at the gate, she starts a kind of ticking bark, like a geiger counter effect. IF she hears them that is.

If they dare come any nearer, the full on bark and I realise why she was trained not to bark.... Ear splitting... OUCH!

She is my guard, my protector in a deep rural area. Keeps invaders out...

Just very occasionally she gets over excited but a firm NO BARKING stops that, A good little dog .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

galljga1 wrote: »
    Are you allowed pets in prison?
    Yes the pet have in prison is human Rat:):D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Our dog barks if someone mentions the word ducks and if you make a duck noise it goes absolutely spare, strange animals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Anyone in a high visibility jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

BBDBB wrote: »
    Anyone in a high visibility jacket

my last dog used to bark at anybody in a high visibility jacket and anybody carrying a stepladder or ladder and the window cleaner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Barking at his own stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

My little dog barks at nearly everything that surprises / frightens her (as well as the usual.... Birds, doorbells, postmen etc). But the weirdest is when I draw the curtains she barks at them. Its not me, but the curtains themselves.... I can follow her eye line.

But she can be the funniest little dog too. She will fetch her fav toy and drop it in front of the other dog and barks until he goes for it, then she snatches it and runs away making other dog chase her.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Know a dog that freaks the f'ck out for the McDonalds jingle(new whistled version).

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Sorry to hear that.This is being contemplated in our house currently.Poor girl is 16 and not well with several health issues.

I can see your dog barking at gods slippers now, and his bin bags, and his couch.

He is sorely missed he was a real trouper a very kind post. Thank you.
    She is really sweet and gentle a lovely dog in her own way. They are so different which is a blessing in its own way. 16 yes I can only imagine poor girl only you and your vet can know in the end what's best. Our boy didn't make 3 unfortunately he was born with a list of issues that eventually got the better of us. Best wishes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Sister has a golden cocker spaniel
    If you're wheeling a wheel Barrow around the garden, she'll bark at the wheel.

If you're using a rake, she'll bark at that.

Birds way up in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

Barked at the car this morning as it was parked different.
    At the door only if she wants in if she wants out she just jumps on ur lap.
    We had a friends dog visit today that genuinely did nt stop barking the whole time it was here. Solid hour and half She is very quiet this evening perhaps she got an overdose 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You all need to read this :D
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

1.png

Advertisement