Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid stuff my dog barks at!!

Options
  • 14-01-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

So I got a dog and he's lovely partially because he's stupid so I want to hear about the stupid stuff your dog barks at my list so far
    Inmate objects are funniest

A bin bag
    A couch
    The moon
    Slippers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Are you allowed pets in prison?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Me.

My 2, when they bark, bark at me in a 'God-how-did-you-get-to-be-our-owner' kind of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

galljga1 wrote: »
    Are you allowed pets in prison?

Yes, budgies......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

His food.
    He won't eat it out of the bowl. I have to pour it on the ground for him.

And then if it's in a pile on the floor he'll bark at that too. It needs to be spread out a bit for him.
    He's a simpleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

So I got a dog and he's lovely partially because he's stupid so I want to hear about the stupid stuff your dog barks at my list so far
    Inmate objects are funniest

A bin bag
    A couch
    The moon
    Slippers

You sure that's not howling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Everything. My dogs bark at everything.

They've also taken to barking at nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Mine barked in her sleep and woke herself up. Then she figured that she must have been barking at something and went off on a bit of a session. Daft creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The usual answer some people I know have is that they see "spirits" or cancer.

Damn ghouls and cancer hanging around my bins!

He loves putting his ball into places he can't get it. Like under the car...in a pile of stones..in the top of the watering can. Then he barks for help. You get the ball, give it to him and he's done it again before you've turned your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

one of my dogs is lovely, pretty, happy, loves hugs

the other however...

you cuddle, he jumps around to play
    He's handsome but devious
    he eats my make up brushes
    he ate a colander yesterday :O

When he sleeps, he's hella cute though...

But he paws my face. and it hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

gramar wrote: »
    He loves putting his ball into places he can't get it. Like under the car...in a pile of stones..in the top of the watering can. Then he barks for help. You get the ball, give it to him and he's done it again before you've turned your back.

hahaha mine throws it around.. and gets it under the couch and i can barely get it out. how does he get it under!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Any of the larger birds that fly over our garden - pigeons or magpies. She really hates fu*king magpie. Like really really. If there was such as thing as a magpie deathcamp, she'd be the commandant.
    She's cool with the song birds, so fair play to her.
    The door bell after the kids go to bed. Fine in the day, but once the kids go to bed she has a ****fit. I'd suspect its her way of telling whoever it is to shutup, which is great and all except for the obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

You sure that's not howling?

Absolutely sure it would be awesome if he howled but no its a wimpy bark

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Had one that would bark at our ponies for hours - then if the pony would look at her she would leg it back inside and hide

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Zulu wrote: »
    Any of the larger birds that fly over our garden - pigeons or magpies. She really hates fu*king magpie. Like really really. If there was such as thing as a magpie deathcamp, she'd be the commandant.
    She's cool with the song birds, so fair play to her.
    The door bell after the kids go to bed. Fine in the day, but once the kids go to bed she has a ****fit. I'd suspect its her way of telling whoever it is to shutup, which is great and all except for the obvious.

Used to have a dog that hated Crows,I suspect they probably had a go at him when he was asleep outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

My dog barks at her arse when she farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

It's hilarious when my dog hears another dog barking on the tele and he starts barking and trying to jump out the window thinking it's outside

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll remember this thread when some poor sod starts a thread on his neighbours dog barking for no reason and everyone berates the neighbour for not controlling their dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Our dog is outside when we are out, so she has an outside kennel with a bed in it. Recently we thew out her old bed from the kennel because it looked a bit manky, and put a new bed in it. She barked at it and refused to go in the kennel for days. Even staying outside in the rain while we were out for a couple of hours one day, rather than go in the kennel with the new bed. This was about 2 weeks ago and she now seems to have got over whatever her issue was and will go in the kennel again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Mine goes mental when someone in a hi-vis jacket walks by because she thinks they're delivering post. She thinks all post is hers and will bark loudly whenever I get to it before her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

smash wrote: »
    My dog barks at her arse when she farts.

Hahaha mine looks at her arse in a confused fashion if someone else farts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Our dog barks when somebody turns on a table light. Just one bark as if to say "I'm watching you table light. Don't be trying any funny business".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mine goes mental when someone in a hi-vis jacket walks by because she thinks they're delivering post. She thinks all post is hers and will bark loudly whenever I get to it before her.

That's because all postman are axe wielding homicidal maniacs who drop bombs through the letter box.

Signed:

Fred's dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

My dog is extremely quiet. So much so I that for almost 6 months after we got her we had not heard a peep out if her bar the odd sigh.
    All that changed when i had an empty bottle that I was crushing to put in the bin that happened to hiss a little. Couldn't believe that she had barked so made it hiss again and she lost the plot. Running in circles and barking at the stupid bottle. Gave it to her and she took the cap off and then looked all proud like she had beheaded the monster.

Also clothes pegs, especially if you show her them opening and closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

his reflection,weve a glasshouse at the end of the garden and anytime he catches his reflection in it he spends the next hour barking at himself,still hasnt copped its him down to the same movements

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

Normally the game of fetch operates by the human putting the ball somewhere and the dog getting it. It seems your pet has got the upper hand (or paw) on you

neil_ wrote: »
    Normally the game of fetch operates by the human putting the ball somewhere and the dog getting it. It seems your pet has got the upper hand (or paw) on you

I merely exist for their amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

My dog HAM at the hoover when I'm cleaning the house. Same for the jet of water from the hose when I'm cleaning the car. Aim the hose at him however and he absolutely pegs it back inside and barks from the hallway while cowering behind the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Hahaha mine looks at her arse in a confused fashion if someone else farts.

Haha so does mine...and spends a considerable amount of time searching for how the offensive sound escaped her unnoticed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When she barks at the doorbell while we are standing outside the house waiting for someone to answer :rolleyes:

Advertisement