Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - Arrange a Raid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,018 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yakuza wrote: »
    Jaysus, shows what I know. So it's tokens now for raid gear now? I thought it was drops, like the shiny new Ghost Primus I had waiting for me the other day (great being able to mooch from your clan's collective success!)

You might get drops, you might not.

If you beat the raid you'll certainly get a drop from the final boss / chest (I think guaranteed 300) but from the other three encounters there is a decent chance you will only get tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Prestige raid tonight lads 7:30 bullets off......

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Is there space for raid runs tonight

Yeah should be loads of space, could not even get 6 to run the prestige last night........ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah should be loads of space, could not even get 6 to run the prestige last night........ffs.

eh-eh-alright.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Mattyz69 wrote: »
    Is there space for raid runs tonight

Good luck with that!

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/920786039303675904

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking hell, the game takes the piss with this downtime stuff.

Angron wrote: »

Ah, they're just making sure all the tokens are balanced properly.
    Rumours that some of them won't stay upright on theirs edges.....

Angron wrote: »

Yep - loads of glitches to fix. I wonder is it a lot of prep work for PC version going live too.

Also, they have their twitchcon talk on Friday - I reckon we are going to see something new in the console (and PC) sandbox as a result of that, and that a lot of this maintenance stuff is installing the mechanics required for when the new stuff goes live.

Yep - loads of glitches to fix. I wonder is it a lot of prep work for PC version going live too.

Also, they have their twitchcon talk on Friday - I reckon we are going to see something new in the console (and PC) sandbox as a result of that, and that a lot of this maintenance stuff is installing the mechanics required for when the new stuff goes live.

Beefed up and fleshed out Seasons probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We need 1 more for prestige raid. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

We need 1 more for prestige raid. Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Looking for four for raid, we haven’t finished it so looking for people who have finished it, but will do it with anyone ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Looking for four for raid, we haven’t finished it so looking for people who have finished it, but will do it with anyone ha

Styles, the "Sherpafest" thread is for exactly this, experienced raiders with less experienced. Hop over here and take a look: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057795584

Group of us running raids all this week, ran normal last night and normal again tonight. Prestige on Wednesday and then back to normal and prestige NF, ANYONE from any clan or non clan looking to do any of the above if we have space we fit you in. Its all a bit of banter and good craic & no pressure to be the best of the best.

Another boards user popped his cherry in the raid last night, so anyone still yet to raid or finish a full raid to get the shot gun quest hit me or any of the lads up.

Doesnt even take that long now tbh, had the full raid done in just over an hour last night so gone are the days of 4 hr slogs (prestige mode aside lol)

Group of us running raids all this week, ran normal last night and normal again tonight. Prestige on Wednesday and then back to normal and prestige NF, ANYONE from any clan or non clan looking to do any of the above if we have space we fit you in. Its all a bit of banter and good craic & no pressure to be the best of the best.

Another boards user popped his cherry in the raid last night, so anyone still yet to raid or finish a full raid to get the shot gun quest hit me or any of the lads up.

Doesnt even take that long now tbh, had the full raid done in just over an hour last night so gone are the days of 4 hr slogs (prestige mode aside lol)

Calus on prestige... I've no idea how that can be done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Calus on prestige... I've no idea how that can be done!

Shoot him and worry about the rest later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Shoot him and worry about the rest later :P
    That's been my general strategy for everything - Shoot it and figure out the rest after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That's been my general strategy for everything - Shoot it and figure out the rest after

pretty much my general approach to any game, shoot as many things as fast as possible and see what happens :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

SeanHarty wrote: »
    pretty much my general approach to any game, shoot as many things as fast as possible and see what happens :cool:
    Has worked for me so far.
    If it moves, shoot it
    If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, whats the worst that could happen.

• Advertisement

You see the problem is getting to the part where you can shoot him, shooting him is easy.

DinoSteve wrote: »
    You see the problem is getting to the part where you can shoot him, shooting him is easy.

Yep - don't think we even got to the skulls phase. The swapping in/out just kept creating too much confusion and psions were missed or calls were missed etc. was painful.

Did ye try having only one person from the throne room and the people from the void room only punch the psions in the throne room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Has worked for me so far.
    If it moves, shoot it
    If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, whats the worst that could happen.

in the raid last night I was shooting the pots that blow up just for the fun of it, who doesn't always need pointless target practice :D

Did ye try having only one person from the throne room and the people from the void room only punch the psions in the throne room?

we tried.

I think some of it was bad luck, but mostly a timing issue.

Did you find you need to time the psion punching at all to ensure projections were being dealt with? Or just assume the two remaining will be able to finish them off?

You definitely need to wait till at least one psion has been dealt with, the two people left can pick up the last one, other wise you risk being moved forward with no barrier, the trouble with us I found was the person coming in would always be disorientated and would have very little time to get there bearings, what we were doing is have the person coming into the void always call 2nd and try to get to centre and shoot centre, then when someone else comes in whomever was centre before hand would take postion left or right depending on who got taken out. Also whomever was put into to the void always call the symbol before worrying about anything else, because if they die you might still get the raise and the symbol.

You definitely need to wait till at least one psion has been dealt with, the two people left can pick up the last one, other wise you risk being moved forward with no barrier, the trouble with us I found was the person coming in would always be disorientated and would have very little time to get there bearings, what we were doing is have the person coming into the void always call 2nd and try to get to centre and shoot centre, then when someone else comes in whomever was centre before hand would take postion left or right depending on who got taken out. Also whomever was put into to the void always call the symbol before worrying about anything else, because if they die you might still get the raise and the symbol.

Good tips - cheers.

One space for normal raid 8:30, one of the lads caught in work.......so fire an invite if want to do it.

What people are looking to get the raid done this week? Ran a few groups the week gone but I know some didn't get finished in one night and some couldn't get back on. Also couldn't get numbers for full second raids a couple of nights.

So, gonna try and get some organisation on it for the coming week. Figure out who is looking for a first time completion, or just looking to run, when the are around, and work from there.

Think dude, cal and the kid said this evening when we were chatting after the raid that they'd be around Monday night to help on a raid.

I'm probably not going to be on myself Monday night but should be able to be on from 9 or so any other night with a bit of warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

I'm looking to do a Raid this week, could probably join one tonight (Monday) if there's a space

Advertisement