Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Leicester City - Wed 13 Jan 8pm

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think we could strengthen the team by dropping Eriksen and Carroll for a while,two weak links in the team at the moment imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    I think we could strengthen the team by dropping Eriksen and Carroll for a while,two weak links in the team at the moment imo.

Totally agree, Eriksen needs a spell on the bench and Carroll will be dropped anyway for Dembele now he is fit again. Very frustrating night, we deserved a draw and were hit with a killer blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'll be sharpening my pitch fork.

I thought we looked a bit jaded and lacking spark. Kane in particular seems worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

While tonight's result was a kick in teeth - Leicester were above us after 20 games, they aren't there by fluke.
    We are a good team but we were always going to be fighting for 4th. City have the quality that other teams can't afford. Arsenal have Ozil doing what VanPerse (sic) did for 1 season at UTD (everything he touched went to gold).

How we react on Sat against Sunderland will determine where the mental strength is at.

Hand on heart, how many of us really thought we were title contenders?? Right now I would take 3rd and automatically qualify for CL.

Still a good season so COYS. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's our best chance ever of finishing fourth, due to the usual contenders being gash.

Without an additional striker we'll struggle, get pipped, and bítch for the entirety of the summer.

Fat Sam did a number on us with West Ham, Defoe is on a hot streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Really thought we'd win this...even up to the 82nd min..

But we played very well, its not as if we are playing like Utd...

Surely you all know what we are like by now??

Im sick as a dog, but Saturday is around the corner....

A win and we are back in it.....

Now, if we go on a run of 5 points from the next 15, well then i'll be fuming...
    But we are not half as bad or half as good as we seem to think....

COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

The main problem i have is the mentality. Leicester were well up for it, knowing a win puts them joint top.

We knew a win puts us 4 points behind top and opens a gap between ourselves and 5th. Now there's the same amount of points between ourselves and top and ourselves and 10th.

Thought we'd ingrained a new mentality this year and Newcastle was a minor blip but to lose at home to Leicester in such a big game shows the spurs of old is alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

We definitely need another no. 9 and no. 10 who can score goals and open defence. We don't know what to do in the final third. Eriksen has not scored since October. I am shocked how come he is in the team.

Lloris
    Trip Toby Jan Davies
    Dier Dembele
    Son Lamela Chadli/Pritchard/Onomah
    Kane

This will be my team for the next 5 league matches.

I will arrange extra training sessions on how to defend corners and set pieces.
    Extra training sessions for full backs on how to cross the ball or beat the first man.
    Extra training sessions for corner and free kick takers same as above.

We are below par on the above aspects.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So I've calmed down a bit since last night, though i'm still disgusted we lost. Their goal was a bit of bad luck, and we were due some bad luck after a few bits of good luck we've had recently. Had Dier not fallen over, they wouldn't have scored. Defensively i think we are still pretty good. Both wing backs were decent, with Davies playing really well i thought. Walker can't cross to save his life, so i'd much rather see Trippier at RB. I didn't think Carroll did anything wrong last night, thought i don't think he's good enough going forward to be playing with Dier. Dembele being back is a very good though, and i'd rather see Mason play then Carroll. We still really miss a player who can deliver that killer pass to open up defences. Lamella and Eriksen do it occasionally, but not enough to regularly threaten teams. Also, our crossing is abysmally bad. We should spend a few weeks working on nothing but that.

Overall, we are still in a good position, and we are absolutely still on course for CL qualification. Liverpool and Utd will still definitely drop points over the next few weeks, and i still see Leicester dropping out of the top 4 before May.

On another note, once again Lloris was fantastic for us. Without a doubt our best signing in many many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

bad result but I don't think it was a bad performance

Leicester are a good side and very well organised and motivated

We battered them for most of the game, 16 corners I think and they caught us out on a set piece late in the game - it happens

I fully expect us to win on Saturday by 2 or 3 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

At the start of the season I don't think there was one person here predicting we'd get top 4. Now everyone is throwing a tantrum that we're not gonna win the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I don't see any tantrums . Everyone is disappointed. And we're disappointed because we care.

All is not lost. Still plenty to be positive about.

As mentioned above. If we only pick 5 points from the next 5 games, that's the time for tantrums perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Ormus wrote: »
    At the start of the season I don't think there was one person here predicting we'd get top 4. Now everyone is throwing a tantrum that we're not gonna win the title.

At the start of the season Chelsea & United weren't expected to **** the bed.

At the start of the season Chelsea & United weren't expected to **** the bed.

True, nor were Leicester expected to turn into superheroes. The future is uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Its not throwing a tantrum but the way the league is, the money that'll come in next year there will never be a better chance to finish top 3.

Its taking the next step, pressure was on and we didn't take it. A team like Leicester who have never been here, did. Its not too much to ask to put in a home performance better then theirs.

We're as close to 10th as we are to the top.

Its not throwing a tantrum but the way the league is, the money that'll come in next year there will never be a better chance to finish top 3.

Its taking the next step, pressure was on and we didn't take it. A team like Leicester who have never been here, did. Its not too much to ask to put in a home performance better then theirs.

We're as close to 10th as we are to the top.

This season has been a bit of an anomaly so far, which means that strange things are achievable. But I'm still gonna appreciate it for what it is. If we win the title I'll go ballistic. If we get top 4 I'll be overjoyed. If we come 6th I'm gonna be disappointed, but also I'll see that it was par for the course with the young squad we have and the lack of investment over the summer.

We're having a decent season, which is made even more decent with the bad form of the big clubs. But as you say, we're not that far from 10th. We have no right to top 4. We're not really a top 4 team. We're gonna have some bad results along with the good ones. Lets take it on the chin, take the good with the bad. Hopefully we bounce back like we did after the Newcastle game. COYS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I'll throw a tantrum if Levy doesn't buy a striker, other than that i think we're ok

Advertisement