Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Leicester City - Wed 13 Jan 8pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Free header

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Bollix

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Disgraceful defending there. **** sake! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Balls. ****ing balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

****e defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Poor defending. Fair play to Leicester though

We just bottled it...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭oppiuy

We are just not good enough...all talk of the title must stop... we do not win enough games and will be lucky to get 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

That's disgraceful and its all our fault. Possession possession possession and yet no commitment to attack at all. We're the home side. Attack them. Lamella was a waste of space again. Poch loves him so its pointless.

2 late ones plz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Ah well, I never fully thought we'd challenge it just would have been nice to believe a little bit longer. On the plus side results have gone someway ok in the race for 4th.

Leicester will go 7 points clear of us. Atleast we can drop the title talk.

How did Dier end up on the ground?

That's disgraceful and its all our fault. Possession possession possession and yet no commitment to attack at all. We're the hike side. Attack them. Lamella was a waste of space again. Poch loves him so its pointless.

I think Lamela was doing okay. In my opinion, Walker is a waste of space in the team,.

Our full-backs are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Bottlers. End of. Pressure was on and we crumbled. Same old

09_09_09 wrote: »
    I think Lamela was doing okay. In my opinion, Walker is a waste of space in the team,.

Our full-backs are crap.

I've tried hard to give lamella every chance but he just does nothing. Intensity yes. Commitment yes. Ultimately headless and despite the potential shown I now feel he's a hindrance.
    Anyway ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Normal service has been resumed.

I hope we do not start to fold after this defeat. Leicester work rate was fantastic.

Now Sunderland is showing some some fight which means another defeat/draw is on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sickened after that,you just knew at one stage that we were never going to score tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That felt like Spurs of old. Absolutely dominated in possession, but nowhere near good enough in the final 3rd. Too angry to think about individual performances right now, but we simply aren't good enough up front to even consider a title challenge.

Absolutely disgusted that we lost.

• Advertisement

**** and Arsenal/Liverpool drew. Liverpool gain ground on us and we could have gained ground on arsenal.

Sigh.

irishmover wrote: »
    **** and Arsenal/Liverpool drew. Liverpool gain ground on us and we could have gained ground on arsenal.

Sigh.

Same old Same old..Tottenham

F~~k it.

tippspur wrote: »
    Sickened after that,you just knew at one stage that we were never going to score tonight.

We just refuse to go for it. Its so frustrating. At some point in every game there's an opening , a time to take your chance. We can all see it. Our lads don't take it. They persist with the system. The system needs to evolve to take advantage of weaknesses and pounce on it. Instead we let them off they hook, they grow in confidence and bang. We've been found out. Let us have the ball all we want. They stay tight and we'll do fcuk all. Not that we can't but that we won't. Actually we point blank refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Our defending at corners is terrible. More points dropped, contenders me hole. West ham just a point behind now. Same old tottenham.

Ah well, why all the doom and gloom, we're still 4th, any of you would have given your right arm for this position at the start of the season. It just shows that our squad isn't good enough, now Levy go out and get us another striker

Worst thing for me is I'm working all day in really bad heat so I can't even drown my sorrows....

I'm honestly feeling let down but that's football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Always the same init? .... when the opportunity is there on a plate we constantly fail to deliver.

We're fine under the radar but can't handle the pressure when the heat is turned up.

All is not lost though. Let's see how the team reacts at Sunderland first. If we bounce back with a good win then there's no reason to get too down in the mouth but if we lose/draw then I'll be spitting feathers and it goes without saying , I'll be sharpening my pitch fork.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Poor result, didn't think we deserved to win but didn't think we deserved to lose either. Lacked a cutting edge in the last third. Worrying that we don't have an option to assist kane up top or as Sunday proved, give him a break.

Hope I'm wrong, but we're playing for 4th now in my opinion... Loads a games to go yes, to Europa league football starts again next month and we really need to be winning our home games.

Just have to bounce back on Saturday now, I'd bring in rose bentaleb son and dembele, freshen things up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Just on way back from game. Very disappointing but it was a sucker punch. Badly defended corner and we got punished.

Leicester played it perfectly were hard to breakdown and took their best chance.

Could have been worse if Arsenal Liverpool and City hadn't all drawn.

Win Saturday and things won't look so bad.

Lots of games left yet

Advertisement