Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Brock Stevens

There has been a chipper in that location in Ashe St. since the end of 2011 if I’m not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They finally charged someone for the stabbing, which took place at the former Nancy Myles property. I must be very bad but, in the case of a knife being used, I always assume that a native isn't the one using it, because that always seems to be the case.

Teenager charged with stabbing young woman in Tralee | RadioKerry.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There seems to be a business called Crepe & Co opening in Manor shopping centre. They are currently hiring staff. Must be going in where Gloria Jeans was downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Haven't been in Manor since Christmas. Did the pizza and Asian restaurants ever end up opening alongside Jam cafe upstairs as was much advertised last year?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I haven't noticed them, so I don't think so. I haven't heard very many good reports for Jam either.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They couldn't even be arsed taking down the 'Restaurant @ Debenhams' signage. That really speaks volumes.

Yeah I spotted that. They have done a small bit of signage, but it still says it in parts! Very poor food in there, which I was surprised about as I had heard Jam was a very good place, but its gone downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Yes. Very poor food selection,Found the place dirty on both floor and tables also,Not going back

• Advertisement

Parking is going to be very difficult in town for the next week with the Brandon now closed and the Abbey carpark. I just read that the council are giving free parking next to the Rose hotel for the duration of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭phormium

Found that out this morning! Impossible to get parking down town, I couldn't figure out what was going on until I went into Abbey car park and saw it and Parklands car park were not in operation. My usual spot of Pembroke St had lots of building work and skips blocking off a lot of spaces, I'd have been quicker walking down town if I wasn't so lazy!

Is the Parklands one being used for more of the funfair too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭phormium

Yes, funfair in Parklands, small dome of some sort in Abbey car park

That's a lot of carparks being used up. Its a bit crazy. Workers in the town will find it hard to get parked for work!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

I think it similar every year really with the Abbey car park the only additional loss.

If the amusement setup the same way as ither years in the Brandon there will still be plenty spaces and with availability next to the rose hotel its just a bit of a longer walk really for the week.

Of course if its flogging rain the extra walk is a nuisance

That new coffee shop, 'The Boherbean' in Boherbee is really taking its time to open! They have been working on it for months now and have had an opening soon sign up for last couple of weeks. They would really want to get open soon! Still not convinced its the right location for a coffee shop, feels too far out, but it might be a good spot too....time will tell, if it ever opens!

Great crowd downtown today and great weather! We were blessed! We went down to the Square after the parade, and there were a couple of different guys singing on the stage, but that was it! We were down there for about 2 hours and there was very little entertainment apart from those two different guys, who weren't on for very long. It was a bit of shame as there was a good crowd down there, including some Roses.

Lovely to see the crowds down though, lovely day!

This place was open on Saturday. I don't know what it was like food wise as when I went in for a coffee it was late in afternoon and there wasn't anything on offer. The coffee was just ok.

Spent last week in Woodlands campsite, which is excellent. I have to say, Tralee is really good for family holidays, campsite is so near the town, Aquadome, Playdium, cinema etc. for rainy days, near shops like Aldi and Manor West, solid restaurants like Galleys and Il Pomodoro, of course the beaches on the sunny days. And then you had the circus, the town park and stalls over the weekend, the carnival etc. And far better value than other more touristy destinations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭traleelad2

Some very good media reports on social media that this year’s festival was a huge success and was the best in years. Am I the only one that thinks differently was in on Sunday and apart from the usual parade and Garda band there was very little in terms of entertainment happening. There was 1000’s of people all walking around aimlessly with nothing to see. The park was very poor there was a kids madagascar show on in the big top and to be honest it was fairly rubbish the stage was bare the kids performing were doing there best but unfortunately it seriously lacked some organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Any ideas on what could be put on, its hard to think what could be added?

There were a few things for kids and kine were happy enough but becase the weather was good the crowd was large and the events there like the dig and big top wouldn't be able to cope with demand.

If people had ideas of what could be added I'm sure the organisers would look at it though?

That's what I was saying in my post above! There was a couple of guys playing in the square for a short time, but we were expecting something else to start and there was nothing. It was very disappointing as there was a great crowd in the square with various Roses and amazing weather! Just felt like something was lacking. I don't know if I'd agree it was the best in years. Maybe there was a good crowd and the weather was fairly good, but as for the entertainment, it was really lacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭traleelad2

Well I guess just another performer on the denny st stage after the Garda band would have been a start.

they had a marquee in the mall the last time with picnic table and daytime entertainment.

the park was missing family town show which my kids enjoyed previous years.

last festival there was magic shows in the square along with circus act show’s etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Recommendation for best pizza place in Tralee please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Convivium have started doing pizzas in the evening from 5 - 8. It's a lovely Italian deli. Other than that I'd head out to the forge pizza in Fenit. It's the best pizza around by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

I'll second the Forge pizza in Fenit also.

Where in fenit is it? "Google maps shows a house on the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

It's in the car park of Navo if you search for that. The image from google maps is from 2009.

• Advertisement

Advertisement