Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Wife passed it at 7pm and it was open, with customers at the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

same as above - I had to go by that way no more than 10 mins ago and its fully open, customers getting some lovely taco fries i'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm really delighted to hear that it's open again. Love and respect to the family ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I have huge respect for the staff, always found them great in the Burger Shack over the years. Fair play to them for getting it open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭barryribs

Does anyone know what roads have had their speed limits reduced in the town centre? I don't remember seeing any new signs apart from the fat mile increasing from 60-80 kph.

• Advertisement

There is a new sign when you are coming up Mitchells Road - by the old bullring. I think that one starts at 30 by Locke's old shop and then 50 when it gets to the grotto.

I have also seen a new sign on the traffic lights by the Parkgate Coffee shop, I think that's a 30 sign.

They'll be signposting the areas over the next few weeks..but it will be from the entrances to town and all housing estates

An application has gone into the council for a new 4 storey apartment block ( 35 apartments)on the James St/Basin Road corner where the traffic lights were recently installed. Glad to see that ugly, long derelict corner get developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Thank you!! It did reopen and i was so glad to get the taco fries again. Very fussy eater that is on the spectrum in the house actually knew the difference the night they were closed and i had to pretend other taco fries were from burger shack to him. He wasnt fooled lol. The burger shack are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The Range is due to open in the old Debenhams unit in Manor on Friday, October 22nd!

Dan Horan is shutting one of his fruit & veg stores in town next month

Hopefully not the one in the Horan Center, we regularly go there after the shopping is done in Dunnes to get the veg in particular there. Their veg is much better than Dunnes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Probably not that one as its usually busy around there. Most likely it would be the one near the back entrance to Dunnes on Rock street. I would say that one isn't as busy, but I am not sure. What other fruit & veg one does he have? Is there one in Manor near McDonalds?

There is one just next door to Seamus O Sullivan's butchers over in Manor.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes Horan Centre now seems to be issuing the €5 off €25 spend & save vouchers. Handy for smaller shops.

Or at least that was my experience shopping there twice in the last week (€30 & €25 spends) but they've no signage advertising the fact as of yet.

I've had those €5 ones a few times when I get my vouchers back on my big weekly shop in NCR. They have a shorter expiry date though, usually have to be used by the following Wednesday, so keep on an eye on that.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yeah, they're different. €5 off €20 spend and, as you say, have to be used by the following Wednesday.

These ones are €5 off €25 and are valid for fourteen days just like the regular €10 off €50 ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭evais

Hi. I haven't posted on boards in a long time. I'm more of a lurker! Would anyone be able to recommend a reliable tiler in the Tralee area. I need approximately 44sq yards of old flooring removed and re-tiled.

if you find one, let me know! I have been looking for one for ages! One guy let me down after coming to look at it and wouldn't reply to my messages after that! He hadn't even priced it for me! I need an en-suite bathroom re-tiled.

Just had my bathroom retiled....he said he'd fit me in between 2 jobs...seems that any good tiler is booked up for the year at this point

Seems like that's been the case for the last 3 years! No one gets back to me when I look for a quote. Same with electricians. I have a list of jobs I need an electrician to do since January & can't get anyone, same in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's everywhere, not just Tralee. Last year we're all cooped up, a lot on PUP saving their money, now things are opened and the trades are just swamped with requests. I think likely the same throughout Ireland (and other countries).

I have found this was an issue before the pandemic. I was trying to get a tiler over 3 years ago and no one was getting back to me. One guy turned up and I couldn't get him to even give me a quote. We have been trying to get electricians to get back to us, painters....all long before covid! We need a few things fixed, not a refurbishment, its like they don't want the jobs half the time! Drives me mad when no one returns calls/messages etc. I'm lucky a guy I know for years is a plumber as he's the only one I've been able to get when I need him!

I see Tralee Chamber Alliance are signing up quite a few new members. I am always curious as to why businesses join them? What does a business gain from it? They pay them do to what exactly?

Maybe it's you? 😂

But seriously, it's very difficult to get tradesmen at any time, Mike O'Shea is a top notch electrician, but trying to get hold of him is a nightmare

Yeah we did get him but he didn't come back to do a few more jobs. We had a guy who works for Mark Rael in recently, but he's up the walls too. Due back to us this week I think. (hopefully!)

• Advertisement

As a business owner, have they not engaged with you to explain the benefits of joining them? I'm only speculating what they do but wouldn't a collaboration of businesses sharing ideas, best practice, success stories and joint thinking on innovation, increasing revenue and collective promotion and marketing of the town and individual businesses together be more productive and beneficial to all retailers than each business trying to go it alone with often disjointed and/or contradictory ideas? I'm assuming that's what part of the Chamber's remit could be or maybe I'm way off base...

Advertisement