Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw v Cruz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, is this one on BT? I see that it says so in the OP but I'm looking at the planner now and all it shows for the early hours of Sunday morning is UFC:beyond the octagon. Granted it's attributed a serious running time (almost identical to a night of fights) but it still gave me an initial 'dafuq?' moment!

It's bound to happen that if I set record now, the epg will correct the name before Saturday night and I'll be left without a recorded night of fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cruz via Submission
    theteal wrote: »
    Lads, is this one on BT? I see that it says so in the OP but I'm looking at the planner now and all it shows for the early hours of Sunday morning is UFC:beyond the octagon. Granted it's attributed a serious running time (almost identical to a night of fights) but it still gave me an initial 'dafuq?' moment!

It's bound to happen that if I set record now, the epg will correct the name before Saturday night and I'll be left without a recorded night of fights

That's the night before the fight.

It's a Sunday card (monday morning for us).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Dillashaw via Decision
    TJ win by KO/TKO and Faber to get title shot. Surprised Cruz has so many votes.

Mendes should drop down. Behind Edgar, Aldo and Holloway for a title shot. Not a huge guy so I don't think it'd be a huge struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »
    Augusto Mendes just got signed to fill in v Rosa, great fight that.

Two days later and he's out with a rib injury. Gutted dying to see him in the ufc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,687 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cruz via Submission
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, look up Cruz's open work out. Worth it just for his entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, look up Cruz's open work out. Worth it just for his entrance.

That was fantastic by Cruz, makes me want to see him win even more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cruz via Submission
    Gonna watch a few Cruz fights later today or tomorrow. The man was an absolute joy to watch in his prime. TJ is too, but Cruz was doing it at the highest level long before anyone knew who TJ was.

Slightly pulling for Cruz in this, despite being a big TJ fan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That's the night before the fight.

It's a Sunday card (monday morning for us).

Ooooops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Watching the weigh ins there, Pettis is a small-ish LW. I knew he wasn't huge, but Alvarez looked waaaaay thicker while only being about a half inch shorter. RDA was similar.

Hang on, Alvarez had shoes on apparently, so Pettis is about 2 inches taller. Still think he's lacking in strength. Looked like a tough cut for Cruz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Dillashaw via Submission
    theteal wrote: »

BT Sport 2
    Prelims 1am-3am
    UFC Dillashaw vs Cruz 3am-5am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The closer the fight gets the more I'm starting to lean towards Dillashaw. I think he has the movement and footwork to keep pace with Cruz but I also think he has the more dynamic shots and punching power. I think unless Cruz can finish this early the time out of the octagon will catch up with him and Dillashaw will take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm having trouble calling this to be honest. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cruz via Submission
    Kirby wrote: »
    I'm having trouble calling this to be honest. Should be interesting.

My heart says Cruz to be able to find his range, use his footwork and able to take 3 of the necessary 5 to win it.

My head says Dillashaw to be faster than Dom and too land his combinations, finishing them off with power kicks, possibly finishing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Beersmith

This is one of the best fight night cards ive seen on paper. Pity its a sunday night though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fantastic card but being on a Sunday night just ruins it for me as I won't get to see it live.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dillashaw via Decision
    Cruz is going to make TJ look like the student and him the master,well thats what im hoping for anyways,

The wrestling in this will be interesting both teriffic wrestlers so might cancel each other out and become a kickboxing match.

Cruz via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Cruz is going to make TJ look like the student and him the master,well thats what im hoping for anyways,

The wrestling in this will be interesting both teriffic wrestlers so might cancel each other out and become a kickboxing match.

I think Cruz will look to hit takedowns towards the second half of rounds to cement it in his favour. I think TJ will leave himself open for takedowns too.

Dillashaw via Decision
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    I think Cruz will look to hit takedowns towards the second half of rounds to cement it in his favour. I think TJ will leave himself open for takedowns too.

Hes never been taken down afaik,ill be impressed if Cruz does get him down.

I'd be fairly confident Cruz will her atleast one takedown ^^

In other news Latifi looked absorbent jacked, I love Sean O'Connell so it's really not a fight I want to see but he's looking in tremendous shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

TJ for me, KO in 3
    Cruz's inactivity is deciding factor.

Cruz via Submission
    Hes never been taken down afaik,ill be impressed if Cruz does get him down.

Cruz will shoot the second TJ is off balance from over commiting on a few combinations I think. TJ probably has the better Wrestling pedigree but Cruz has the intelligence of knowing when to shoot and that'll be when TJ is off balance.

Dillashaw via Decision
    Did anybody see Cruz's open workout I know ya cant read much into them but the way he moves is incredible to watch even his grappling takedown set ups on his partner were unreal,

It could turn into a bit of cat and mouse.

Did anybody see Cruz's open workout I know ya cant read much into them but the way he moves is incredible to watch even his grappling takedown set ups on his partner were unreal,

It could turn into a bit of cat and mouse.

I watched it earlier, immense footwork while he was shadow bocking, even the scrambles he pulled off were amazing, dying for this fight tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm leaning towards a TJ win myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Is the main card of this free on fight pass or just BT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cruz via Submission
    Rushden wrote: »
    Is the main card of this free on fight pass or just BT?

BT.

If it's being aired on Fox in the US, it won't be live on fightpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cruz via Submission
    BT.

If it's being aired on Fox in the US, it won't be live on fightpass.

That's nonsense it's live on fightpass here we are not living in the US so that doesn't apply to our region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Cruz via Submission
    Does anyone know if that yearly deal on fight pass is still on for 50 quid?

Advertisement