Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Dillashaw v Cruz

Options
  • 10-01-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

2aa05883d5939fafa0ee09a7f5c4776c.png

***Please note GMT times below ***

Date: Sunday 17th January
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2)
    Venue: TD Garden, Boston, MA
    Odds: Dillashaw (8/11) v Cruz (6/5)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 72 votes

Dillashaw via KO/TKO
    0%
    Dillashaw via Decision
    18%
    califanoHazyswinston82HangballlouiethebigredoneProfessional GrieferJJayooJR6burRedemptionZTommy Kellyclever user nameGamebred 13 votes
    Dillashaw via Submission
    12%
    chips1234[Deleted User]The DomonatorMr. Managerdarcedmartyos121Gamb!takelly02KingJamsie 9 votes
    Cruz via KO/TKO
    0%
    Cruz via Decision
    12%
    slicus ricuseurokevCarrollerEuskalHerriasmilerfriceroEasy RodItsAnEasyGame11214 9 votes
    Cruz via Submission
    56%
    weemcdevad_lhorgmdwexfordmailburnerMellorshrapnel222Hokiistabrac77Dancorcallaway92shanec1928DeppSwashbucklerMagicIRLZero-CoolaarondocshocksyJunior DBOHtoxBrussels Sprout 41 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dillashaw via Submission
    Is it not on next Sunday? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is it not on next Sunday? :D

Yep, that's what I put. :o :pac:

If a moderator could extend the date on the poll that'd be great. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Cruz via Submission
    The poll should run until at least two days after the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I put. :o :pac:

If a moderator could extend the date on the poll that'd be great. :o

Extended until 17th. It'll close at 15:47 so get your picks in before that time if you want to vote on the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cruz via Submission
    Going for Cruz via Decision. While DJ gave Cruz problems on the feet with his speed, I can see Dominic just being able to stay out his range and use his Fight IQ to win the necessary 3 rounds. The big layoff is a concern for him but he didn't appear to have any rust in fighting Mizugaki and if anything showed improved shot selection and seemed to have more power, finishing someone who had never been finished before.

I also expect Pettis too win, Alvarez showed against Melendez that he is as tough as they come but I can see Pettis finishing him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Also really looking forward to seeing Paul Felder again. Love watching him fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Going for Cruz via Decision. While DJ gave Cruz problems on the feet with his speed, I can see Dominic just being able to stay out his range and use his Fight IQ to win the necessary 3 rounds. The big layoff is a concern for him but he didn't appear to have any rust in fighting Mizugaki and if anything showed improved shot selection and seemed to have more power, finishing someone who had never been finished before.

I also expect Pettis too win, Alvarez showed against Melendez that he is as tough as they come but I can see Pettis finishing him in the 2nd or 3rd.

Also really looking forward to seeing Paul Felder again. Love watching him fight.

Pretty much spot on, love Cruz though so I'm being bias also. Have a feeling Alvarez will head back to Bellator when he loses, wouldn't imagine he has to many fights left this is possibly his last on the contract and he would make more money/win more fights back in Bellator imo. Decent card, this really will be a top year for mma by the looks of things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dillashaw via Decision
    Main event will be very technical obviously,hope its not a snooze fest with the pair of them unable to find their range to tee off with each others footwork so good,

Looking forward to seeing Charles Rosa and Hettes on the prelims Rosa is a very good grappler Hettes isnt bad either so should be nice scrambles,same with Ben Saunders from eddie bravos school likes to play rubber guard.

Dillashaw via Submission
    Wow, surprised by the one sided nature of the pole so far. Not many thinking Cruz will be rusty coming straight into a title fight, I hope he pulls it off but I've gone for TJ by decision because I feel Cruz just won't be at his best given his injury nightmares. Looked great against Mizugaki but Dillashaw is on another level.

Cruz via Submission
    Wow, surprised by the one sided nature of the pole so far. Not many thinking Cruz will be rusty coming straight into a title fight, I hope he pulls it off but I've gone for TJ by decision because I feel Cruz just won't be at his best given his injury nightmares. Looked great against Mizugaki but Dillashaw is on another level.

I'm not too convinced by TJ just yet. He beat Barao but his style of constant pressure just doesn't suit Barao who cut a massive amount of weight to get to 135. He also didn't have it all his own way against Joe Soto who was making his UFC debut and trained for a 3 round fight, Dillashaw finished him in the 5th but Soto gave a good account of himself.

He also lost got TKOed by John Dodson which also leads me to wonder about his chin too. Granted his striking is very much improved since then but I'd like to see him take a few combinations and see how he holds up.

It's a massive fight for both fighters legacy as Champions imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Cruz via Submission
    A good video for those who dont train/new to the sport

• Advertisement

Dillashaw via Decision

Anyone see this? :pac:

Gamebred wrote: »

Anyone see this? :pac:

Any back story wot why Cruz beat the **** out for this lad? Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cruz via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Any back story wot why Cruz beat the **** out for this lad? Hahaha

Thread over on r/Mma about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cruz via Submission
    Would be beaming if Cruz won so picking him to win by decision. Saying that, as good as a Faber Cruz 3 would be, Faber vs TJ would be VERY tasty. Either fight could be on UFC 200.

Dillashaw via Decision
    Niall McGrath ‏@niallmcgrath4 44s44 seconds ago
    Breaking: Jimy Hettes out of #UFCBoston fight with Charles Rosa. Rosa will fight an un-named BJJ world champion and UFC newcomer. More soon

I put the mockers on that fight anyways :pac: look forward to the announcement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Niall McGrath ‏@niallmcgrath4 44s44 seconds ago
    Breaking: Jimy Hettes out of #UFCBoston fight with Charles Rosa. Rosa will fight an un-named BJJ world champion and UFC newcomer. More soon

I put the mockers on that fight anyways :pac: look forward to the announcement

Mairbek Taisumov vs Chris Wade is also off, Taisumov is out and will be replaced my Mhedi from this season of TUF.

Cruz via Submission
    Mairbek Taisumov vs Chris Wade is also off, Taisumov is out and will be replaced my Mhedi from this season of TUF.

2 fights gone and a week to go, Keep Pettis and Cruz in bubblewrap please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Dillashaw via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Didn't affect him against Mizugaki did it

That's one thing I don't think we'll see is ring rust

Dillashaw via Decision
    Mizugaki isnt tj though,TJ will spam leg kicks I feel here for them knees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Cruz via Submission
    Cruz by decision. I think he's too technically rounded and too fight smart to stand and trade with DJ, especially after watching what TJ did to Barao on the feet.

Off work Monday, absolutely delighted Liverpool/United during the day to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cruz via Submission
    Faber on the MMA hour told Ariel that he was planning on being in Mexico on vacation this week but the UFC insisted that he go to Boston for the fight.

Sounds like they're gonna bring him into the cage and announce a fight if TJ wins.

Dillashaw via Submission
    Faber on the MMA hour told Ariel that he was planning on being in Mexico on vacation this week but the UFC insisted that he go to Boston for the fight.

Sounds like they're gonna bring him into the cage and announce a fight if TJ wins.

Even if TJ loses, they could still have Faber get the next shot at the belt. Cruz vs. Faber 3 is a pretty nice rubber match, the UFC love those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Even if TJ loses, they could still have Faber get the next shot at the belt. Cruz vs. Faber 3 is a pretty nice rubber match, the UFC love those.

Really not interested in either of those, I wonder if Mendes could make 135, hes going to find it hard to get a title shot at 145 again for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Cruz via Submission
    Tox56 wrote: »
    Really not interested in either of those, I wonder if Mendes could make 135, hes going to find it hard to get a title shot at 145 again for a while

Could happen but perhaps not any time soon. I think it'll pan out something like this

Cruz fights Dillashaw -
    If Dillashaw wins: Faber gets first dibs at Dillashaw for the title. If Faber wins he's champ. If TJ wins, maybe he sends Mendes down to give him a go.

If Cruz wins: Faber fights Dillashaw as a title eliminator. If Faber wins he gets to fight Cruz for the third time. If Dillashaw wins Mendes may go down to give him a go.

But all this will be a year's time. There's a story building in every division bar maybe the flyweight division. Very exciting year for UFC ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Cruz via Submission
    BOHtox wrote: »
    Could happen but perhaps not any time soon. I think it'll pan out something like this

Cruz fights Dillashaw -
    If Dillashaw wins: Faber gets first dibs at Dillashaw for the title. If Faber wins he's champ. If TJ wins, maybe he sends Mendes down to give him a go.

If Cruz wins: Faber fights Dillashaw as a title eliminator. If Faber wins he gets to fight Cruz for the third time. If Dillashaw wins Mendes may go down to give him a go.

But all this will be a year's time. There's a story building in every division bar maybe the flyweight division. Very exciting year for UFC ahead

Whoever wins, Faber is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Personally, I am rooting for Cruz. But could go either way, reckon it'll be a good watch either way.

Augusto Mendes just got signed to fill in v Rosa, great fight that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Augusto Mendes just got signed to fill in v Rosa, great fight that.

Only like 2 people have ever beaten Rafa Mendes in straight BJJ, and this guy is one of them

Advertisement