Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation weather thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

Could anyone here clarify what are the entitlements for stranded passengers during this time? Do Ryanair have to provided accomodation etc? If so do you just keep receipts or what is the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Dublin Airport describing the situation as "chaotic"

https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/PORTAL.21.5.0.4.25/detachedViews/headline_news.html?viewId=DISPLAY_ITEM_DV&parameter_set_id=0

EIDW (Dublin)
    Chaotic situation due to snow.
    At the moment we have a 0 rate till 14,30 UTC.
    Then very low rate for the rest of the day which causes very high delays.
    High delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mebuntu wrote: »
    All Aer Lingus short haul cancelled for rest of day.

Aer Lingus shorthaul looks like it's still going, stobart to EDI just took off and EI402 to Rome lining up.

SWEI0026 EIDW 02281032
    (SNOWTAM 0026
    A) EIDW
    B) 02281032 C) 10 F) 5/5/1 G) 01/01/00 H) 5/5/5
    T) RWY 10/28 HAS BEEN SWEPT OF SNOW. RWY 10/28 ANTI-ICED WITH KAC.
    EXERCISE CAUTION ON ALL TAXIWAYS AND RAMP AREAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Aer Lingus shorthaul looks like it's still going, stobart to EDI just took off and EI402 to Rome lining up.
    You're right. Maybe they decided to change their minds after things improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

techdiver wrote: »
    Could anyone here clarify what are the entitlements for stranded passengers during this time? Do Ryanair have to provided accomodation etc? If so do you just keep receipts or what is the situation?
    Insurance should cover you, I'm not sure about the airline. I'm flying with Emirates so they should sort something out. They where voted best airline in the world 2017

Your probably ****ed with Ryanair

Insurance should cover you, I'm not sure about the airline. I'm flying with Emirates so they should sort something out. They where voted best airline in the world 2017

Just checked with EU Regulation 261/2004 and regardless of weather the arline has to provide accomodation and food.

They get a pass on compensation though.

Just checked with EU Regulation 261/2004 and regardless of weather the arline has to provide accomodation and food.

They get a pass on compensation though.
    I'm not worried about compensation tbh.
    So we have to pay then claim it back or do they give vouchers or something?
    How long of a delay is required ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

I've tickets for the Spurs-Huddersfield game at Wembley on Saturday. I'm due to fly from Dublin to Luton on Friday afternoon. I know it's too early to say whether or not the flight will be cancelled, but I'm just wondering would I be better off checking in now or waiting until closer to the departure time.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether my options would be better or worse if I've already checked in. For example, if the flight is cancelled but there are seats available on the Friday evening flight or the early flight on Saturday, will these be allocated in the order in which people checked in for the cancelled flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Ryanair cancelling flights out of Amsterdam, no way for people to contact them. Not answering phones and online chat not available.

Tell me about it....3 to 4 hour wait to rebook in the airport at their desk too! Constant announcements to tell us to go online when that isn't working

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Another ryanair question, apparently they don't allow you to rebook via transfers via a different airport but same origin and destination and all ryanair.
    At the same time there is now no availability for the next week for the original flight.

Under the EU stuff your entitled to re-editing to your destination what happens here if you don't claim a refund?

Another ryanair question, apparently they don't allow you to rebook via transfers via a different airport but same origin and destination and all ryanair.
    At the same time there is now no availability for the next week for the original flight.

Under the EU stuff your entitled to re-editing to your destination what happens here if you don't claim a refund?

They will reroute you via another airport.

Overnight, and you get accomodation.

It's not me that is stuck, it's a family member. They were told to keep receipts and fill in an expeses claim form after.

They apparently will only route from your home country to destination country in one flight. No transfers. Trust me I went through this.
    E.g Dublin to Barcelona they will only do Shannon Madrid.
    Not Dublin London Barcelona

In this case they don't have any availability into the place at all for the next 4/5 days via Ireland.

They will reroute you via another airport, they will allow you to DUB-STN-BRU or whereever, family members went through it before. You may have to contact them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

abff wrote: »
    I've tickets for the Spurs-Huddersfield game at Wembley on Saturday. I'm due to fly from Dublin to Luton on Friday afternoon. I know it's too early to say whether or not the flight will be cancelled, but I'm just wondering would I be better off checking in now or waiting until closer to the departure time.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether my options would be better or worse if I've already checked in. For example, if the flight is cancelled but there are seats available on the Friday evening flight or the early flight on Saturday, will these be allocated in the order in which people checked in for the cancelled flight?
    I see your point, I don’t know the Ryanair policy but this is the case with many airlines so I’d say check in it will do no harm

SWEI0027 EIDW 02281255
    (SNOWTAM 0027
    A) EIDW
    B) 02281255 C) 10 F) 1/1/1 G) XX/XX/XX H) 5/5/5
    T) RUNWAY 10/28 ANTI ICED WITH KAC. EXERCISE CAUTION ON ALL TAXIWAYS
    AND RAMP AREAS.

Potassium acetate (KAC) deicer now applies on runway at Dublin.

Meanwhile, Cork used Urea...:(

SWEI0015 EICK 02281210
    (SNOWTAM 0015
    A) EICK
    B) 02281210 C) 17 F) 2/2/2 H) 5/5/5
    T) RWY 17/35 ALL CLEAR TREATED WITH UREA. RWY 07/25 CLOSED.
    )

Overnight, and you get accomodation.

It's not me that is stuck, it's a family member. They were told to keep receipts and fill in an expeses claim form after.
    And if you've no money after a 3 month trip your ****ed???

Rte saying everyone should stay indoors from 4pm tomorrow. I starting to think the airport will be closed completely tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I just called my airline. DUB is a single flight a day. They told me I should go to the airport if I hear nothing from them...

I asked the Emirates staff here in BKK and they said everything is operating as normal.

I don't think they are aware of what's happening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Tomorrow Thurs folks is going to get very very sporty post 6pm. I’d be very dubious re plans for travel. It could go on till 6pm Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Rte saying everyone should stay indoors from 4pm tomorrow. I starting to think the airport will be closed completely tomorrow

DUB is pretty much at a standstill now anyway so can’t imagine it with actual heavy snow conditions.

Runway operational but stand availability is stretched.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

omega man wrote: »
    DUB is pretty much at a standstill now anyway so can’t imagine it with actual heavy snow conditions.

Runway operational but stand availability is stretched.

They should just announce a shutdown now save people the bother, i know a greedy airline that doesn't give a sh!t about their staff that won't make a decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

I'm due to fly out with ryanair on Tuesday evening. If the weather clears on saturday and turns to rain, will the knock on effects of so many cancelled flights extend to Tuesday do you think?
    I'm just worried I'll be delayed.

NASlad wrote: »
    I'm due to fly out with ryanair on Tuesday evening. If the weather clears on saturday and turns to rain, will the knock on effects of so many cancelled flights extend to Tuesday do you think?
    I'm just worried I'll be delayed.

God no not at all, knock on delays rarely ever knock on more than 24-36 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭trellheim

Does anyone know if EI and FR will share their plans for cancellations for tomorrow etc to avoid a lot of people having to make risky trips to the airport ?

LUAS for example are shutting down from 1400 tomorrow and have notified same so that people can make plans.

I appreciate its a big decision to make but at what point does the call get made ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Due to fly out today with Ryanair bit flight was cancelled and rebooked for tomorrow. That flight was just cancelled...and next available flight is not until Saturday!

Anyone know if I'm definitely entitled to accommodation compensation? It'll be 3 nights in a hotel. It's hard to get a straight answer from Ryanair chat!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭trellheim

Care but not compensation ; so As I understand it for weather cancellation outside their control they do not pay compensation but do have to put you up. Not a Lawyer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah that's fine not looking for compensation just the hotel costs covered! Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yeah that's fine not looking for compensation just the hotel costs covered! Thanks for the reply

Yup you are entitled to a hotel and food (vouchers), they have a duty to inform you of this. Google EU261 directive.

Advertisement