Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ospreys V Leinster 08/01/16 KO 19:45 Sky/BBC2 Wales

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,563 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fair contest my ass :pac:

Nacewa trying to catch the ball with one hand by jumping over the top of the Ospreys player?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

There was tonnes of space if Biggar had just played on there instead of giving out to ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Really don't like Ruddock at 8, especially when you've Sean O'Brien on the pitch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

molloyjh wrote: »
    Right call. There was nothing in that despite what the pantomime crowd think.

Every crowd is pantomime if they're playing your team! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Really don't like Ruddock at 8, especially when you've Sean O'Brien on the pitch

We're missing Heaslip tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Need to win this. They're missing loads. Gifting them points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

SOB is causing a lot of problems at the breakdown from 7. You'd lose some of that if you moved him to 8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Jinx you are welcome

Hah - the little dance didn't work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I asked this during the WC but does anyone remember Biggar doing that dance last season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We've really struggled with the aerial aspect. Luke McGrath is being targeted there but generally we've been bad. Te'o earlier calling for it and getting nowhere near collecting, and then that to end the half as well.

6-10 at half time - I'd have taken that at the start.

Gawd, this player mic thing is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I hate this Ospreys away game so much, thats a very good half all things considered

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

That does my head right in, three point shot from a total mess of a scrum that Leinster got the ball out of.

Delighted he missed because it was s nonsense penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Think we're the better team anyway. Enjoyable game, real scrap. Sexton playing brilliantly despite being roughed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ospreys are creating more scoring opportunities, which is the big worry. Need to get territory and try to create some of our own or else they'll squeeze this one out.

Clearlier wrote: »
    SOB is causing a lot of problems at the breakdown from 7. You'd lose some of that if you moved him to 8

I have vivid memories of him not controlling ball on his own scrum at 8 in the past - maybe he has improved on it

We've really struggled with the aerial aspect. Luke McGrath is being targeted there but generally we've been bad. Te'o earlier calling for it and getting nowhere near collecting, and then that to end the half as well.

That was criminal from McGrath. Nowhere near the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone watching on BBC Wales?

Inept... adept... what's the difference...

Tox56 wrote: »
    I hate this Ospreys away game so much, thats a very good half all things considered

Reasonable, but not without its issues. I would have liked to have seen us nick a line-out or two. And we haven't handled the high ball well enough.

• Advertisement

Clearlier wrote: »

What, from the first phase after a defensive scrum?

.ak wrote: »

He's not getting it easy out there, but for most of the half he wasn't too bad. Hopefully we'll get Reddan on soon.

I have vivid memories of him not controlling ball on his own scrum at 8 in the past - maybe he has improved on it

I think the importance of sob at 7 is far greater. Did you see his covering off the scrum off their 5m? It was beautiful, and forced a kick that gave us territory.

He just doesn't look at all confident under a high ball. It's really noticeable. They are offering Ospreys territory through targeting him.

I think the importance of sob at 7 is far greater. Did you see his covering off the scrum off their 5m? It was beautiful, and forced a kick that gave us territory.

So put him at 7 in defense and at 8 in attack?

SOB used to be an excellent attacking 8 off the back of a scrum when he was younger. Bit of a shame if we're not going to see that again, especially when Ruddock can play 7.

He just doesn't look at all confident under a high ball. It's really noticeable. They are offering Ospreys territory through targeting him.

Well the 9 doesn't have to sweep. I'm not sure they're specifically targeting him it's hard to know who'll take the ball in a midfield high ball, but it's working out for them.

SOB used to be an excellent attacking 8 off the back of a scrum when he was younger. Bit of a shame if we're not going to see that again, especially when Ruddock can play 7.

True. I suppose having sob as the first to the breakdown on offence is also important. Ruddock is a brilliant piano shifter but he doesn't get low like sob can.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

It would at the very least hold the 6 and 7 a little bit if he was 8 for attacking scrums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

What, from the first phase after a defensive scrum?

I can't imagine any scenario where you'd want him at 8 for a defensive scrum.

• Advertisement

I brought myself to watch the Leinster v Connacht recording and what stood out was how O'Brien coming on at 8 changed the whole game

Advertisement