Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ospreys V Leinster 08/01/16 KO 19:45 Sky/BBC2 Wales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Fantastic result, if more than a little frustrating for the majority of the second half. Really happy that they went looking for the TBP there at the end too. Good ambition and intent.

I may not Leinster, but it seems that they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Huge win overall. When johnny on form kicks just phenomenal. Reddan still has impact.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

mfceiling wrote: »
    Leinster number 11 seems handy. Plenty of speed and knows where the try line is. Didn't catch his name...

Zebo, I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Best thing to happen tonight was the performance of Sexton. Huge relief.

Let's be having you 6 Nations

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sexton is just so good. Not back to his best yet, but getting there. If he could just stop getting bangs to the head every game and giving us all palpitations...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Thats an excellent win really. The performance wasnt exactly beautiful but every single year this game is horrendous and I definitely didnt see a relatively big win like that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Very hard to win at Liberty stadium. Also I dislike Ospreys. So I am delighted with this win. And with Sexton's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Great stuff, delighted with that.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very, VERY happy with that.

Just shows how ridiculous much the clap trap of the week was.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Great win. Delighted. Our pack is really turning a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Very happy with that win after some terrible errors!

.ak wrote: »
    Great win. Delighted. Our pack is really turning a corner.

McGrath could use a rest I think. He was pinged a good bit at scrum time and he was definitely not scrummaging straight most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Dave has been really superb the last 2 weeks now. He looks so much more explosive than previously. I don't think he would have finished them two tries a year ago.

Great place to get a win and as much as sextons improvement is good to see it is really pleasing to see ryan back to having an impact on games.

Great to see Sexton smiling again too, both during the game and after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Jamie "just a head knock" according to Leo.

Good to know its something so inoccuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Jamie "just a head knock" according to Leo.

Good to know its something so inoccuous.

given he has played a lot lately, a few weeks off was surely coming up anyway. Liked the bit in Leo's interview about how Leinster go fully loaded every week because he has faith in the squad.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Would have loved to see Te'o playing in THIS Leinster squad for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Great and not letting ospreys get a bonus point.

Yeah thank you from a Connacht POV:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Really enjoyed that game.

Any word on Fitzy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Any word on Fitzy?

Stinger apparently

Stinger apparently

Peter playing for the Ospreys now?

What did he do to Fitz?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Peter playing for the Ospreys now?

What did he do to Fitz?

:pac:

No 'r'.

"Stinger" is a term for a type of golf shot that was popularized (both the term and the shot) by Tiger Woods - and by golf announcers talking about Tiger Woods playing the shot. A stinger is a shot in which the golfer sets up in a way to induce a lower trajectory and uses an abbreviated follow through. A stinger is essentially a punch shot, but one played with a long iron or fairway wood, or off the tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No 'r'.

"Stinger" is a term for a type of golf shot that was popularized (both the term and the shot) by Tiger Woods - and by golf announcers talking about Tiger Woods playing the shot. A stinger is a shot in which the golfer sets up in a way to induce a lower trajectory and uses an abbreviated follow through. A stinger is essentially a punch shot, but one played with a long iron or fairway wood, or off the tee.

It's also the pointy thing on a wasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Neil3030 wrote: »
    It's also the pointy thing on a wasp.

...and a spiked strip for puncturing tyres.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

And frodo's sword.....

Ill get me coat.

But most importantly, a confectionary bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stinger apparently

phew. when i saw him being led off I thought it might have been worse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

But most importantly, a confectionary bar.

The very aptly named confectionery bar. Stinger in name, Stinger by nature!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Delighted with that performance. A long time since we went to Swansea and came out with such a result.

Great control from the half backs, McGrath had a really solid game and Reddan continued his good run of form. Sexton didn't run much but his kicking was phenomenonal.

We were dominant at the breakdown, I'm surprised they left Tipuric on the bench so long.

But the key things were defence and execution; rock solid again. One try conceded in the last four league games, very few errors in pissing rain, tip of the hat to the coaching staff.

And of course Dave Kearney tearing it up. Ireland thread could be interesting in the next while.

Luke Fitz coming off holding his shoulder is never good though.

Advertisement