Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2016 In Between Grand Slam Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

So what does that mean for Goffin ?

well, for a man who played like he had just been dragged out of bed (which may well have been the case I suppose) he collected 100k for agreeing to be on the 'on call' list and I assume another 100k at least for playing the match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Murray wins first set vs wawrinka, qualified for the semi's, wawrinka now needs favours from cilic to qualify I think.

Murray breaks in game 1 of set 2

Haven't been able to watch but has sounded like a good match, wawrinka sounded particularly good early doors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares will finish the year as the No.1 doubles team after Kontinen/Peers defeated Mahut/Herbert. Shocking tournament from the French pair - 3 losses and only managed to win 2 sets. Murray & Soares are undefeated in the group. They'll play the winners of Lopezs vs. Ram/Klassen in the SFs.

The other Murray still has a chance to hold onto the top spot. He's through to the SFs after a straight sets win over Stan.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,966 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Raonic srrving for set 1...

• Advertisement

Good stuff from Raonic here I have to say...

Murray wins!

walshb wrote: »
    Murray wins!

Couldn't watch but sounds like the gnarliest of Andy Murray wins, following a scoreboard is nail biting.

In saying that, he's probably toast tomorrow, after 3:40 on court today

Not the most high quality match but at this stage Murray is dogging it out big time, can't argue with that.
    Raonic is twice the player he was 12 months ago and while I doubt he has the physique to be a long term no 1 he is going to win slams, soon.

Cripes djokpvic nishikori is going to be over in half a hour..
    Nishikori is a difficult man to back...

• Advertisement

lostcat wrote: »
    Cripes djokpvic nishikori is going to be over in half a hour..
    Nishikori is a difficult man to back...

Ominous for Murray tomorrow I'd say, Shane in a wAy, both well rested its a coin toss for me right now...

djokovic must have the edge tomorrow after todays matches, murray will be tired and the hard yards to get to no 1 over the past few months are catching up with him.

djokovic looks like a man happy to have his fate back in his own hands.

its a nice end to the season anyway with a lot to play for tomorrow (no I don't count the davis cup final as the end of the season)

Match of the year on now. Would love to see Andy finish the season as number 1.

Djokovic looking strong

Murray too!

Should have broken there

Although previously he would have lost his own serve after the bad call by the Lino on djokovic's 2nd serve

Get in there, Andy.

Don't recall Andy playing too much better than this vs Djokovic, length and accuracy on his ground strokes....

Djokovic looks like the confidence/mental issues he's been having not quite gone away?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Djoker a shadow of his old self, at the end of that first set anyway.

****ing brilliant from Andy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Great start to the second set for murray

What a miss from djokovic. Murray has this just has to hold his head.

Floppybits wrote: »
    What a miss from djokovic. Murray has this just has to hold his head.

Bad dip in last game there from Murray, let Djokovic back in

I've been so impressed with Murray this year. I've always been a fan but new found respect for him now. What a brilliant way to end his season!

RosyLily wrote: »
    I've been so impressed with Murray this year. I've always been a fan but new found respect for him now. What a brilliant way to end his season!

Not over yet. Murray has a habit of screwing up leads...

FFS, Andy. Close the show.

Thought he was a goner there when djokovic started coming back in the second set.

walshb wrote: »
    Not over yet. Murray has a habit of screwing up leads...

You gotta believe!;)

Looking at the rankings, Murray and Djokovic are miles ahead of everyone else. Can't see anyone catching them for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Murray deserves it, but what a shame that boring grinding pushing tennis is set to dominate the game for the forseeable future.
    No wonder the game is dying and has no new fans, it's a horror show ..

• Advertisement

Absolutely ****ing thrilled for Andy, answered every question asked of him at this stage, the amount of guts it must have taken to keep plugging away with those three guys ahead of him....

Thought Novak was very gracious in defeat, reminded me a little of the recent version of nasal today, lacking a bit of the belief of old and mistrustful of his own technique a little

Advertisement