Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve 2015 TV Megathread!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

RobertKK wrote: »
    That named Beth Hart I think it was , another very good voice.

Haven't of a quarter of these singers but they are just perfect for the night.

The lady with the tattooed arm? She was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Still around 15 minutes after this duet by Tom and Paul.

KT will perform again, surely? :o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What Hozier songs did I miss?

He just did a Van Morrison song, the name of which escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

ProudDUB wrote: »
    He just did a Van Morrison song, the name of which escapes me.

Domino

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Jesse is fairly hard on the fake tan!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Jesse is fairly hard on the fake tan!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen far worse, TBH... :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

You mean James Bay has more than one song?

Oh wait, it's a cover.

:eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Zimmey

Strazdas wrote: »
    We've just had a marriage proposal on RTE1 (I've never understood the idea of turning something so personal into a performance for an audience.....it doesn't strike me as romantic at all)

Totally agree, plus it puts you such pressure to say yes.

How tall is Hozier? :eek:

Only one performance by KT? :eek: :(

To be fair, though, she is more associated with Jools than any of the other performers... :D;)

And she still gets to share a mike with Tom. :D:);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

RTE should just give up on NYE light entertainment. Nothing works.
    Kathryn Thomas is unbearable.
    Why did someone think she was the person for the job?
    Hootenanny is not sophisticated and Jules is not a clever dick
    Most of the audience are well oiled. Some of the acts are a bit hit and miss
    But it just works
    RTE should just show reruns of Halls Pictorial Weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

still 30mins of the ginger one on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

What an utterly fablis show. Such a pity that RTE haven't the wit or the cop on to realize that Ireland is crying out for something just like it, of its very own. And with the fabulous musicians & singers that we have here, we wouldn't even need a fraction of the BBCs budget.

Oh well.... yet another year of wishful thinking when it come to RTE. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Merry New Year all.

Here's to a wonderful 2016 for us all. It was a pleasure to watch so many of this years telly highlights (and lowlights) with you all. I can't think of a lovelier bunch of people that I'd rather watch the Late, Late, the Eurovision, the Rose of Tralee, & the Toy Show with.

And oh yeah, Up the Dubs !

:D:D:D:D

Hootenanny is not sophisticated and Jules is not a clever dick
    Most of the audience are well oiled. Some of the acts are a bit hit and miss

I don't think Hootenanny has ever been sophisticated. :);)

And Jools did say the F-word live on air once... :D:D;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Happy New Year guys

Best of Glastonbury!

Mary Jo Bulge - great song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lemmy!

This one's for you, you mad bastard.

That's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever!!

:D:D:D

Easy to say in hindsight of course, but Lemmy did look frail at Glasto :(

Born to lose, lived to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Anyone watching CNN? This Anderson/Kathy odd-couple thing is getting a little formulaic and forced at this stage. It was brilliant when it was spontaneous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Definitely the Hootenanny for me - especially with KT Tunstall taking part this year.

Seems hard to believe that it's been eleven years now since Later... launched her into the big time, famously after Nas (remember him?) couldn't make his flight:

It's no surprise that she has made several more appearances on the show since, and has performed with Mr Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.

And, of course, the year we're about to leave behind was also the year she turned 40.

Will be interesting if she performs "Suddenly I See" and Tom Jones performs "She's a Lady" - there are quite a few comparisons you could make between these two songs, IMO.

Happy New Year to all, was unattainably detained, hic with visitors

I had just turned over to Jools & saw him talking to KT, great to hear she has a new album coming out, as i heard she took a break from music after her dad passed away & other family matters & was concentrating on soundtracks in LA, but yeah i'd say NAS is now only mentioned now in quizbooks on how did KT get her breakthru on Jools

Btw: Are we not to post youtube links, as i only noticed them when quoting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

PT2
    Just checked RTE,saw they had Baz on and they were talking about Im a Celeb with Nadia Forde

Was that my eyes, or was Baz's muscles that big, although that wasn't the only thing that was in your face with Kathryn's titillating coverage, i mean you'll put someone's eye out with that, tuned out cos of that:rolleyes:

Turned over to Jools Holland

wtf? RTE spend five minutes talking to people in the crowd about them all wanting to see Fat Boy Slim, before introducing the big star himself and then going to a break.

Another great job RTE, well done.

I saw that, i only saw a min of that before going to a break, FatBoySlim got skimmed off
    Berserker wrote: »
    Clips from Italia 90 on RTE now, jesus wept, to accompany Packie Bonner.

Good to see Packie, just turned over to see the big man, although his neighbour Daniel you couldn't miss him was on 3 channels tonite:eek:

But yeah, i thought TV3 were bad during the rugby
    No Mel C, 2016 off to a good start :)

She was on Alan Carr's show sitting next to Danny Dyer & she couldn't understand him, lol:D, him & his cockney ryhming slang, mutton+lamb could have been mentioned
    But Kelly Brook, made up for it :)

Working on her fifth album at the mo - should be just as good as each of her previous four. :);)

I maintain that she should have won the Mercury Prize for her first, though. Whatever happened to Antony and the Johnsons, anyway?
    Only one performance by KT? :eek: :(

To be fair, though, she is more associated with Jools than any of the other performers... :D;)

And she still gets to share a mike with Tom. :D:);)

Can't believe i missed her performance, at what time of the night was that on, as i was switching over btwn BryanAdams & Jools, but did catch Tom doin his sexbomb thang! :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ProudDUB wrote: »
    What an utterly fablis show. Such a pity that RTE haven't the wit or the cop on to realize that Ireland is crying out for something just like it, of its very own.

It's called the Imelda May show, and it's bloody awful.
    It's basically replicating the Jools format, but just fails miserably.

Always watch Jools on New Year's Eve but it was a bit disappointing this year do I settled for the best Bond song programme and Goldfinger on the light entertainment channel (ITV). Seen Goldfinger many times but for me it sums up Bond in the 60s,great locations, beautiful women, gadgets and a great John Barry soundtrack!

Advertisement