Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve 2015 TV Megathread!

Options
  • 30-12-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,658 ✭✭✭✭

8b02971a848d683e1260a6a6d2d0f6a3.jpg

Picture-139.png

Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?
    Should allheregh adah ahwagudwidabeeruhdh...

*hic*

So...what will YOU be watching?

53246.jpg

*shudder*

MrsBrownageddon can be avoided...just :)

BBC One - D'Movie, Graham Norton, Bryan Adams Rocks Big Ben Live :cool:

BBC Two - Imelda May's Hootenanny :pac:

ITV - The Nation's Favourite Bond Song 'Nobody Does It Better', obviously followed by Goldfinger

Channel 4 - 'TFI Friday' New Year's special at 7.30pm, nearer midnight there are repeats of '8 Out Of 10 Cats' End Of Year special, followed by 'Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2015'

RTE One - M**'* B****'* B***, followed by 'New Year's Eve Live' - Kathryn Thomas and Keith Walsh ring in the New Year live from the 3Arena. Kathryn and Keith will be joined by the great and the good of 2015 as the recount their ups and downs of the last 12 months.

RTE Two - The Rubberbandits Guide to 1916, followed by Ed Sheeran: Jumpers For Goalposts (live from Wobbly Stadium)

TV3 - A Tribute To Tony Fenton: All The Young Dudes

TG4 - Brendan [EMAIL="Shine@50"]Shine@50[/EMAIL], followed by Abba in Concert :eek: :eek:

Any other programmes you spot that could be of interest, post 'em :)

And let the party begin!

Lemmy-photographed-at-the-006.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

If your doing New Year on the Telly, then it has to be Scottish Telly, thanks to Sky i can still see Only An Excuse and see the bells being chimed in.

Much as I love the Ireland is now my home, if your staying for the bells it has to be Scottish Telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sanna wrote: »
    If your doing New Year on the Telly, then it has to be Scottish Telly, thanks to Sky i can still see Only An Excuse and see the bells being chimed in.

Much as I love the Ireland is now my home, if your staying for the bells it has to be Scottish Telly!

You take the high road and I'll take the low :p excuse my wee bit of singing the weather is awful so wee bit drunk already so happy new year all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Netflix for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Okay, we'll start with what to avoid. Obviously anything with Abba or Bryan Adams can be completely disregarded.

As for M.B.B., fair play to you Brendan, but it doesn't work for me, so that's out.

Actually, I think I myself might be out, be nevermind that.

Hmm. Jools is usually my go to for New Years, but I can't help feeling it's not the same since I found out it's pre recorded.

Meh. Few hours to think about it yet. Before i just watch James Bond, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Greetings, Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you all have a good night. Not sure if I'm around or in or out tonight but sure I'll be here in spirit.

Honourable mention to this on BBC Four at 12.40am

David Bowie and the Story of Ziggy Stardust
    Jarvis Cocker narrates an insight into the singer-songwriter's creation of his glam-rock alter ego, revealing how his hairstyles, fashion sense, stage presentation and album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars turned him into a star. Featuring contributions by Elton John, Marc Almond, Holly Johnson, Peter Hook and Jon Savage

Sure maybe stick a tape in. Or wait for it to be repeated on BBC4. Or watch it here

• Advertisement

Hey, don't forget there seems to be a programme on Utv Ireland called "Westlife: For the last time"

I presume that a shortened version of the actual title "Westlife, for the last time, shut the f*ck up"

Let's see who answered the Hootenanny! call this year ...

Jools Holland presents his 23rd annual Hootenanny, featuring a mixture of veteran artists and modern chart stars. Tom Jones performs some of his greatest hits, Jess Glynne tops off a great year with a song or two from her massive-selling debut album, and Paul Weller steams into the studio on the back of a sold-out British tour to perform songs from his 12th solo album Saturns Pattern - and a treat or two from the Jam's back catalogue. Others appearing include Hozier, James Bay, Future Islands, Beth Hart, Jeff Beck, Pauline Black and Arthur `Gaps' Hendrickson of the Selecter, KT Tunstall, Rhiannon Giddens and - of course - Ruby Turner. As usual, Jools' own Rhythm and Blues Orchestra will be backing many of the solo stars, and as the clocks strike 12, the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion Scots Guards help ring in the new year in their own rousing fashion. As well as the musical entertainment, Jools chats to the celebrity audience members, asking them to share their thoughts on the past year and give their predictions for 2016[/url]

Weller playing some The Jam songs? Nice

Also, I hope Jeff Beck gives another Hootenanny! rendition of this all time classic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I see no reason why the soundtrack for London's New Year fireworks display should comprise entirely of Motörhead songs :)

Well, so far this NYE, I can confirm that the RTE sports quiz of the year - despite being full of people I am quite fond of - is making me cringe my ass off, even though I can only hear it from the tv in the other room.

TFI should be on later :)

Anyone remember when 'The Big Breakfast' broadcast on New Year's Eve over midnight?

• Advertisement

TFI should be on later :)

Anyone remember when 'The Big Breakfast' broadcast on New Year's Eve over midnight?

Really? Don't remember that at all!

Ah, Good times. 31.12.92

Big Brekkie on Channel 4 ...

and Clive James on BBC1

They don't make em like they used to mumble grumble.

Who ate all my Werthers Originals?

Methinks Florence has been hitting the hooch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Definitely the Hootenanny for me - especially with KT Tunstall taking part this year. :):):):););););)

Seems hard to believe that it's been eleven years now since Later... launched her into the big time, famously after Nas (remember him?) couldn't make his flight:

It's no surprise that she has made several more appearances on the show since, and has performed with Mr Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra.

And, of course, the year we're about to leave behind was also the year she turned 40. :)

Will be interesting if she performs "Suddenly I See" and Tom Jones performs "She's a Lady" - there are quite a few comparisons you could make between these two songs, IMO. :o:D;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hootenanny all the way,

If I could completely delete all traces of RTE from my telly boxes for one night, this would be that night.

cringe fest of all cringe fests.

Does Noel Fielding live in the TFI studios or something?

I imagine Peter Hook sitting at home right now, throwing things at the TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I imagine Peter Hook sitting at home right now, throwing things at the TV

Wasn't that awful? I don't know how that managed to be so bad as I think LA Roux is good and obviously New Order has great stuff, but they were ****e together, too down beat for La Roux I think.

I'll be flicking between Bryan Adams and Jools later, I thought Queen and that America bloke last year were great.

Just saw RTé's effort from the Three Arena, a capacity crowd there is not :D

Worse suckers actually paid in there tonight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

*turns on RTE...*

*stares wide-eyed...* :eek:

*backs... slowly.... away....*

• Advertisement

*turns on RTE...*

*stares wide-eyed...* :eek:

They should have told the camera staff not to show the empty seats or the sparse standing crowd :pac:

I mean Kila are good and all in the right setting but who pays to see them on NYE in an Arena? I know Fat boy etc are on there too but Kila were obviously booked for "da telly" so RTE would have something to show the old folks at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Jaysus ye are all very quiet tonight. RTE's live show has just started. It's only 75 minutes, thought it would be at least two hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all. Just tuned in to RTE offering. Looks cheap and rubbish. Spare a thought for the people of Munich tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Jaysus ye are all very quiet tonight. RTE's live show has just started. It's only 75 minutes, thought it would be at least two hours.

Well, it's Hootenanny time now... :D:);)

*turns on RTE...*

Gives Panti more material for "Panti's Noble Call Part 2".

"You know when you're at the traffic lights and a bunch of lads Kathryn Thomas throws a drink over you."

The Coronas, why always the Coronas?

Berserker wrote: »
    Spare a thought for the people of Munich tonight.

It's still only at the threat stage though, isnt it. Or have you heard something else?

Gives Panti more material for "Panti's Noble Call Part 2".

"You know when you're at the traffic lights and a bunch of lads Kathryn Thomas throws a drink over you."

The Coronas, why always the Coronas?

I know the coronas because yer man was with yer wan , couldn't say I ever heard one their songs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

It's still only at the threat stage though, isnt it. Or have you heard something else?

No, still at threat stage but the city is being locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just checked RTE,saw they had Baz on and they were talking about Im a Celeb with Nadia Forde

Turned over to Jools Holland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hootenanny all the way,

If I could completely delete all traces of RTE from my telly boxes for one night, this would be that night.

cringe fest of all cringe fests.

I take it you haven't seen what's on TV4 then?

Jesus, Brendan Shine was out of date, when the Bay City Rollers were considered hip. :rolleyes:

Advertisement