Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NINETIES - new station

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

They could play Born Slippy on continuous loop and I still wouldn't get sick of it. Epic tune.

No complaints over the amount of oasis they but surely a bit of the prodigeys smack my bitch up around lunch time wouldnt go a miss now and then... It was 90s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Good station..lots of dance and britpop though some more mainstream artists and bands especially from the early 90s would be welcome. and some of the great Irish stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Good station..lots of dance and britpop though some more mainstream artists and bands especially from the early 90s would be welcome. and some of the great Irish stuff too.

I've heard Hello by something happens a few times which is a great tune. Maybe a few songs from the stunning, an emotional fish, whipping boy etc... Would be welcome. Even a bit of sultans of ping for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What are the plans programming wise? It seems totally random for the most part, will there be a full schedule soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

on Sunday I heard Olive - You're Not Alone three times in about 4 hours.

Seemed to be some Saturday Night House Party show on loop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Guys, are the shows even shows?

I am thinking for some reason that the presenters are just vox props like jingles as I am fairly certain I am hearing the same stuff been said over and over, either that or I am going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Played deep by East 17 twice in 15 mins on my way home yesterday, Lucky its a bit of a guilty pleasure :-)

Seem to have a few presenters on here and there. Great stuf for the commute, no news/rambling djs/ads

Maybe its my imagination but station seems to be slighty less dance music based the last week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

Is it gone. Can't get it at all this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

wally79 wrote: »

it's still there, i'm picking it up loud and clear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

it's still there, i'm picking it up loud and clear

I had it on in the car just over an hour ago in west Dublin.

• Advertisement

wally79 wrote: »

Went off for a while today. Back now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Fully automated including links, but sounds good, Saturday night Dance music great with Gary Sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

nonstop 90s now has a website and stream.
    website (i imagine it is being worked on and it isn't the finished site) http://non-stop90s.com/
    stream http://uk2.internet-radio.com:8189/listen.pls

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It also has an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

neris wrote: »
    No complaints over the amount of oasis they but surely a bit of the prodigeys smack my bitch up around lunch time wouldnt go a miss now and then... It was 90s :D

Totally agree with you Neris :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

After listening for a few weeks now I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism. There seems to be a lot of B - list 90s stuff on heavy rotation for some reason, like a lot a lot.

Are they jock favourites or something?

JG009 wrote: »
    After listening for a few weeks now I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism. There seems to be a lot of B - list 90s stuff on heavy rotation for some reason, like a lot a lot.

Are they jock favourites or something?

Hey JG009, Presenters would suggest tracks to the management who are in charge of playlists but no input to the programming. Personally I'd like more dance but feedback from from the listeners is great and cheesy tracks with some britpop seem to be the most popular.

Hey JG009, Presenters would suggest tracks to the management who are in charge of playlists but no input to the programming. Personally I'd like more dance but feedback from from the listeners is great and cheesy tracks with some britpop seem to be the most popular.

What exactly is causing the station to drop from my car radio all the time?

Are the same guys behind NINETIES that were behind Noughty! ?

Noughty! was also a great station, if it is the same guys it would be great to hear that on fm in down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

nullzero wrote: »
    What exactly is causing the station to drop from my car radio all the time?
    Driving? :)

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Are the same guys behind NINETIES that were behind Noughty! ?

Noughty! was also a great station, if it is the same guys it would be great to hear that on fm in down the road.

no . those behind the 90s network were behind it i think. it was a good station though. hopefully it might return one day

JDxtra wrote: »
    Driving? :)

It literally drops every five seconds. If the vehicle is moving or stationary.

nullzero wrote: »
    It literally drops every five seconds. If the vehicle is moving or stationary.

In weaker signal areas this could happen when a bus etc is near you. Otherwise its fine on my car radio most parts of the south side and get it up to the poitin still on the n7.

Signal is fine in my car too apart from if I'm in between two trucks or something.

I have notuced though that the signal doesn't seem to "lock" to the channel in the same way the rest would. The name stays on screen but after about 3 seconds the highlighted lines from my preset disappear in the same way as if I had moved frequency. Might make more sense to you guys.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I was having strange radio issues aswell. I replaced/upgraded the aerial and all ok now!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

This station is coming in on the Storm NE frequency for me at the moment. And bizarrely the station and track id is what would be playing on Storm instead of what I'm hearing

This station is coming in on the Storm NE frequency for me at the moment. And bizarrely the station and track id is what would be playing on Storm instead of what I'm hearing

storm are relaying the non stop 90s web stream to their fm, and the automation from storm (which is still playing as i've checked storm's web stream) is sending its information to the rds.

Clearly this station has some effort put into it - it has set the bar pretty high for pirates. Fair play to those involved.

My only comment is in support of previous comments. Some songs do come up very frequently. Either the rules are not preventing repeats within a time frame, or some songs are actually heavily play listed.

Being heavily play listed is OK on a station playing a good mix of material (new, near-new and classic) – but this station plays only 90s. So, we’re already ‘familiar’ with the songs being played. Therefore, when we hear them again it’s like – oh, not Dr. Alban again!!

I heard the World Cup 90 song three times over two days – and I only listened in total for about 20 minutes over that time-frame. Ole ole ole.

• Advertisement

Just listening to the stream now - something odd has happened to the audio. It sounds as if there is no bass at all, and the audio is 'hollow'. Will check the FM output on the way home from work to compare.

Daft Punk - Around The World ain't the same without a bit of bass. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement