Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NINETIES - new station

Options
  • 28-12-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭

A new station ' NINETIES ' has appeared in Dublin on 88.1,good signal/good audio and excellent imaging

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Very strong up around Leopardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

My mate is running it currently. Said he has yet to add advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    My mate is running it currently. Said he has yet to add advertising.

So who's your "mate"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Listened briefly on the way to work. strong signal in west Dublin. Good idea putting it on straight after xmas fm. They will no doubt get a good few listeners that had xmas FM on the preset.

bbability wrote: »
    So who's your "mate"?

Can't say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Lord Nikon wrote:
    Can't say.

Fair enough, could you give us a bit more info though?

Will there be live programming? Or will it be Similar to Sun 80s?

Is it a long term venture or see how it goes?

Listened again brielfy on the way home, not a bad selection but may need to randomise the playlist a little more, two songs out of three were 5ive.

Also not as strong signal as I thought only the m50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What about NRG?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TallGlass wrote: »
    What about NRG?

not sure they will be back anytime soon if at all. i hope i will be proved wrong though

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Is it the same lads that ran NRG running this station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Nrgfm

bbability wrote: »
    Is it the same lads that ran NRG running this station?

No it's not us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

heard this today when I was in Dublin, pity it isn't in Carlow too.

Nrgfm wrote: »
    No it's not us

So whats your plans ?

It's a bit weird, everywhere you go NRG was in capitals yet you register with Nrg , you legit .. :pac:

Nrgfm wrote: »
    No it's not us

Apologies, I seen your other post. I still find it interesting that your say Nrg on here yet its NRG everywhere else!

But to whom ever is running this new gig, best of luck. Pretty good so far, it's a style I don't think done by anyone else.

has this station got an online presence does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

TallGlass wrote: »
    Apologies, I seen your other post. I still find it interesting that your say Nrg on here yet its NRG everywhere else!

But to whom ever is running this new gig, best of luck. Pretty good so far, it's a style I don't think done by anyone else.

As regards stations playing music from the '90s, Mike O'Brien had a few on the go over the years. In the early '00s, he ran a pirate called Breeze FM. I don't know about its style as I never heard it. I did hear his two temporary licenses, though, later in that decade - The 90s Network. The style was somewhat different - more dance-oriented stuff for a start, and it was like a reunion of guys who had been on pirates together, especially Freedom FM! And, of course, it wasn't automated!

The station that seem to come closest to NINETIES was Real 80s from three or four years ago. Its musical mix was quite similar, with the same emphasis on adult pop and some rock, albeit a decade earlier. It was automated and also on 88.1. Maybe there is common ownership between those two stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The station that seem to come closest to NINETIES was Real 80s from three or four years ago. Its musical mix was quite similar, with the same emphasis on adult pop and some rock, albeit a decade earlier. It was automated and also on 88.1. Maybe there is common ownership between those two stations.

Real 80s was a great station in the summer of 2012 if I remember correctly and they played some good obscure Irish and American stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's sounding great so far, and it's thanks to this thread that I discovered it. I'm really enjoying the music.

Only listened for about a max of about 40 minutes over 3 days, have heard Deep Blue Something - breakfast at Tiffany's and Radiohead - No surprises twice. Hopefully it's not going to be that repetitious or I'll be swithing off before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Tuned in today , Very good audio sound . Im listening in the North East , Is there an RDS on the station? , Mine still has NRG FM on my RDS , Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Top notch audio, 88.1 and a strong signal is very reminiscent of Real 80s

The guy who owned Real 80s was on Radiowaves' forum, could be around here too.

has this station got an online presence does anyone know?

http://facebook.com/dancemusicnow
    http://nonstop90s.com (not online yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

i had nineties coming up on my car the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Just looking through the Facebook page, it looks like it's being run by the same guys that did Kiss FM Dublin back in 2012, it's the same Facebook page that they used to use I think.

From the owner of the station...

For online presence, there is a facebook page, it may soon be on the tune in app
    The station is new and the format will be modified to help reduce some receptive issues that may occur.
    Music will be updated we are trying to be selective and pick only the very best and biggest hits from the 90s
    There is RDS which currently reads (nineties)
    Live broadcasts are currently not planned but that is not to say that it won’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's great. I haven't had a chance to listen to it much but I haven't heard a bad song on it yet!

Just looking through the Facebook page, it looks like it's being run by the same guys that did Kiss FM Dublin back in 2012, it's the same Facebook page that they used to use I think.

Just had a look at there facebook page , Your right, there the guys behind Kiss 94.3 , back in 2012 on air for about 2 years,Very professional outfit for a pirate , They ran a good show back then, Station closed suddenly on Fm , Had an online stream repeating itself after that , (Think there is some connection with another pirate which closed down recently )

castle2012 wrote: »
    Just had a look at there facebook page , Your right, there the guys behind Kiss 94.3 , back in 2012 on air for about 2 years,Very professional outfit for a pirate , They ran a good show back then, Station closed suddenly on Fm , Had an online stream repeating itself after that , (Think there is some connection with another pirate which closed down recently )
    someone from that particular pirate has all ready been on to say its nothing to do with them. maybe you didn't see that post.

castle2012 wrote: »
    someone from that particular pirate has all ready been on to say its nothing to do with them. maybe you didn't see that post.
    Add your reply here.
    I did nt thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

They certainly have some connection to them. Scroll down the FB page linked above and there are posts from 2013 referring to it as Kiss FM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement