Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NINETIES - new station

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Hi Declan I started on Pulse fm and legal stations I worked on CKR for its last year and also on Fm 104. Other pirates Freedom 92 Fm ESG aka Galaxy, Essential Galaxy etc. I also did a show on temp station The Nineties Network. I dip my foot in when it suits me so helping the guys in Non Stop Nineties at the moment.

You are a brave man to be returning to the pirate scene in 2016, having been involved with various legal entities since ESG and Freedom FM! As I asked previously, are there any other jocks (and what's their radio history)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

seems to work from Rathcoole to Cabinteely on my route from Carlow to Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    From the owner of the station...

For online presence, there is a facebook page, it may soon be on the tune in app
    The station is new and the format will be modified to help reduce some receptive issues that may occur.
    Music will be updated we are trying to be selective and pick only the very best and biggest hits from the 90s
    There is RDS which currently reads (nineties)
    Live broadcasts are currently not planned but that is not to say that it won’t happen.

Are there plans for this NINETIES new radio station to go on FM in other large urban centres like CORK CITY for example if even on a trial/pilot basis like a special niche broadcasting licence? The frequencies used by Christmas FM should be utilized all year round even by different stations special interest stations.

Cork could do with more choice as the format on Cork's 96FM has not really changed at all since 1990 - that's 26 Years and they stick with a very safe & predictable format and it's so boring! Cork could badly do with some serious music choice on the radio, in the car or; on the go these days! Cork City & County has a combined population of 500,000 citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

You are a brave man to be returning to the pirate scene in 2016, having been involved with various legal entities since ESG and Freedom FM! As I asked previously, are there any other jocks (and what's their radio history)?

Hi Declan.. not "brave" at all, I prefer to dabble in any type of radio work but only when it suits me. At the moment this suits me and I don't plan to work in legal radio in the future.

A few more voices you may know added to the roster the last couple of days. No plans for outside Dublin I believe also guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Really enjoying the station so far, do you have a logo or anything? I am not on Facebook so haven't but a visual image to the station yet apart from my RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 XtraStrong

Agree, I heard some great tracks being played during the week. Amazed how many songs I had forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@Ronan

What are you using for processing, Breakaway or an Optibart2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Hey STB, I haven't a clue to be honest:o Im just one of the jocks wouldn't know anything on the engineering side. I will enquire and Pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

STB. wrote: »
    What are you using for processing, Breakaway or an Optibart2016!

probably breakaway or stereo tool. never heard of this Optibart2016

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

If they got rid of the boyzone & take that it,d be great ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

probably breakaway or stereo tool. never heard of this Optibart2016

A reference to the processing used on Sunset in the day ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Infoanon wrote: »
    A reference to the processing used on Sunset in the day ??

ah i see. i believe that was home made processing equipment wasn't it? what did hot 107 and mix 106 use?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

neris wrote: »
    If they got rid of the boyzone & take that it,d be great ;)

Since the two groups you mentioned were huge (especially across Ireland & UK) and had countless Top TEN hits between them during the "Nineties", it would be a bit odd to exclude them from a station that's already committed to focusing it's playlist on this era.

17 this May. Crazy to think, isn't it?.

Crazier that the Summer of 95 is coming on 21 years ago. :eek:

hmmmmm analogue.....

376416.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm finding it a tad repetitive.

Which is very annoying when the song repeating is the Boo jaysisin Radleys

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You're finding it what? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Good station, repetition isn't as jarring as with the commercial stations so it doesn't bother me that much. I had forgotten how many songs in the 90's had to have a Jamaican rap section, it seemed to be ubiquitous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Can't seem to tune it in over in north West Dublin, anyone over this side manage to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Sounds good so far.

If you are only playing music from only one decade, it is going to be repetitive to a point but still a great idea as it was well needed.

Signal could do with being pumped up a bit (don't be shy lads, in for a penny in for a pound!), audio sounds good so far but id like to hear it on a stronger signal to see what it is really like.

Mic sounded a bit "streamy" and could do with a tad more bass.

Presenters top notch and the production on the jingles is very Pulse/Energy/ESG indeed! Quite happy so far! Good work to those involved.

Sounds good so far.

If you are only playing music from only one decade, it is going to be repetitive to a point but still a great idea as it was well needed.

Signal could do with being pumped up a bit (don't be shy lads, in for a penny in for a pound!), audio sounds good so far but id like to hear it on a stronger signal to see what it is really like.

Mic sounded a bit "streamy" and could do with a tad more bass.

Presenters top notch and the production on the jingles is very Pulse/Energy/ESG indeed! Quite happy so far! Good work to those involved.

• Advertisement

Double post - wasn't me!

nullzero wrote: »
    Good station, repetition isn't as jarring as with the commercial stations so it doesn't bother me that much. I had forgotten how many songs in the 90's had to have a Jamaican rap section, it seemed to be ubiquitous.

To this day I have no idea what Ice MC says at the start of "Think about the way".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

STB. wrote: »
    To this day I have no idea what Ice MC says at the start of "Think about the way".

Thats easy it's
    Boomdiggydiggybum

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thats easy it's
    Boomdiggydiggybum

The first line about rock about da clock a till ya..... not the inserts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Can't seem to tune it in over in north West Dublin, anyone over this side manage to get it?

yep, I live in Finglas and drive on the M50 - getting on at Blanch - every morning, then back in the evening.

I have coverage for that whole journey, and even further North East, up around Coolock, Malahide etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

I love it!! I get signal right out the M3 to exit 7 Skryne, Co Meath each day. Funnily enough it's not great in Donabate when I get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Hi Declan.. not "brave" at all, I prefer to dabble in any type of radio work but only when it suits me. At the moment this suits me and I don't plan to work in legal radio in the future.

A few more voices you may know added to the roster the last couple of days. No plans for outside Dublin I believe also guys.

Ya needs to be a walk in............Leinster area;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ya needs to be a walk in............Leinster area;)

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

I'm finding it a tad repetitive.

Which is very annoying when the song repeating is the Boo jaysisin Radleys

Same with Underworlds, Born Slippy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

neris wrote: »
    Same with Underworlds, Born Slippy.

They could play Born Slippy on continuous loop and I still wouldn't get sick of it. Epic tune.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement