Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Disgusted for Condit. Won that fight 3-2 round wise. Adore the man and his fighting style though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Poirier via Decision
    I watched this fight yesterday morning after accidentally seeing the result before I got to watch it. All I knew was Lawlor won by split decision. By the end of the 4th I was already thinking how did Lawlor win this. I had it scored 3-1 to Condit going into the last so when watching the 5th I was expecting a clear onslaught from Lawlor to win the 5th convincingly. That never even happened. Other than a 30 second burst early on the 5th and 60 seconds towards the end, I feel Condit won the 5th too. Lawlor's reckless no holds barred style clouds opinion I think when it comes to the last round. How anyone can give the victory to Lawlor when he threw and landed so few strikes is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Only watched this today, that last round was a complete war. That said, my jaw actually dropped when the referee announced the winner...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Duffy via Decision
    Do the judges fill out the official scorecard throughout the fight or make notes and fill it out at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

JR6 wrote: »
    Do the judges fill out the official scorecard throughout the fight or make notes and fill it out at the end?

Saw a picture of the official score card. They fill it out at the time and the only information it contained was the fighters score for each round and the total score. The score card doesn't contain a breakdown of the points scored, which I assume the judge keeps separately.

For example:
    Red - Blue corner
    R1 10 - 9
    R2 9 - 10
    R3 10 - 9
    R4 10 - 9
    R5 10 - 9
    Total 49 - 46

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wow!! The last 90 seconds of that fight was an actual real life rocky movie!! I know zilch about mma but I would have Condit as the winner. Still, what a brilliant fight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,940 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mfceiling wrote: »
    Wow!! The last 90 seconds of that fight was an actual real life rocky movie!! I know zilch about mma but I would have Condit as the winner. Still, what a brilliant fight!!

Condit is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

JR6 wrote: »

They are free to make any notes they want, but each round should be scored before the next commences.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,940 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Would you say condit shouldn't bother with a rematch? Could he have done any more against lawlor? Would only a knock out suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Would you say condit shouldn't bother with a rematch? Could he have done any more against lawlor? Would only a knock out suffice?

I thought he fought the perfect fight, bar getting caught in R2 and R5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,263 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Duffy via Submission
    Disappointed with the Duffy result, but hearing the Hills of Donegal ringing out around the MGM was epic.

Hopefully some day he'll be in a big fight there and I'll be there for it in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Poirier via Submission
    A finish isn't needed, just accurate judging - one judge had it perfect imo.
    With that exact fight, and changing 1 of the judges, he'd be champion now.

Advertisement