Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options
  • 27-12-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

066bb177fcfcb2d54473bf16768e3303.png

Date: Saturday 2nd January
    Time: Fight Pass Prelims (Fight Pass, 11:30pm), Prelims (Fight Pass & BT Sport 2, 1am), Main Card (PPV & BT Sport 2, 3am)
    Venue: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Odds: Lawler (10/11) v Condit (6/5) & Duffy (4/7) v Poirier (15/8)

What time will Joe Duffy's fight be on?

In what is an obvious push for Fight Pass, Joe Duffy's fight with Dustin Poirier headlines the Fight Pass Prelims section of this card. There's 3 fights on this bill including the aforementioned, with the first kicking off at 11:30pm. It's likely that the fight will start at 00:30am, but I'd tune in for 00:15am just to be safe as a couple of early finishes may see them push on with this fight slightly earlier and use the free time to further promote the main event of the evening to those on Fight Pass for the first time.

How can I watch Joe Duffy's fight?

As mentioned above, it's on Fight Pass. If you haven't subscribed before, you can get a 30 day free trial here. Just remember to unsubscribe if you don't want to keep the subscription. If you've used your free trial and are not a member, you'll need to take out a months subscription which costs €7.99.

Who Will Win These Fights? (Please Select 2 Options Only) 218 votes

Lawler via KO/TKO
    0%
    Lawler via Submission
    19%
    BambaataweemcdRoarMr. CooL ICEmoneymadInquitusbreadmonkeymikeruurdsDavei141MorporkJoeyJJdave1982nmg_iredavywalsh7NewApproachcallaway92NellyMcDInspector Coptoorc montgomeryZero-Cool 42 votes
    Lawler via Decision
    1%
    Mr. CooL ICEYouSavedMyLifeYurt 3 votes
    Condit via KO/TKO
    12%
    mdwexfordMr. CooL ICEKJnmg_ireHokiDancorThat_Guykillwillwinston82El Guapo!DrPhilGBrussels SproutriceroYouSavedMyLifefroogPudsy33markc1184seiphilYurtdickwod1 28 votes
    Condit via Submission
    13%
    evad_lhorgMr. CooL ICEcalifanomeepinsprojectgtrDrumSteveInspector Coptoordeodubsmilerfprettyboy81stiffler123Richard teaYouSavedMyLifegizabeercintecdarcedJR6myshirtLaHaineYurt 30 votes
    Condit via Decision
    2%
    SickBoyMr. CooL ICEYouSavedMyLifeYurtAmazingfunWhelo79 6 votes
    Duffy via KO/TKO
    6%
    Mr. CooL ICEThe Freemanmailburnerxtal191[Deleted User]DeppSwashbucklerYouSavedMyLifeempacherASOTYurtJohn_D80csallmightyevolving tipperaryTangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo 15 votes
    Duffy via Submission
    16%
    Bambaataweemcdevad_lhorgRoarMr. CooL ICEInquitusMorporkThe FreemanrichyprojectgtrThat_GuyEuskalHerriaSlipperyPeopleDeppDrPhilGstiffler123JJayooYouSavedMyLifeempacherPudsy33 37 votes
    Duffy via Decision
    13%
    Mr. CooL ICEDavei141dave1982mailburnerwinston82NellyMcD[Deleted User]Richard teariceroYouSavedMyLifejcd5971cintecJR6Yurtdickwod1paulmclaughlinicanmunchEasy RodadcakesAmazingfun 30 votes
    Poirier via KO/TKO
    5%
    Mr. CooL ICEHokiapope8killwilldeodubprettyboy81YouSavedMyLifeYurtItsLikeThiscsallmightyqwabercd 11 votes
    Poirier via Submission
    4%
    Mr. CooL ICEmikeruurdsxtal191MellorZero-CoolYouSavedMyLifeseiphilYurt[Deleted User]Thelomen Toblackai 10 votes
    Poirier via Decision
    2%
    Mr. CooL ICEYouSavedMyLifegizabeerYurtWhelo79Gamebred 6 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    I hope they stand and trade but sneaky feeling Robbie is going to grind on Condit and take him down (which he is entitled to) but it could be a fight for the ages if they go to war,Lawler is after having some very tough fights can see them catching up on him soon as good as he looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Duffy via Decision
    now or never for carlos and a fight tailor made for him
    pretty sure if robbie is down a couple going into the last he wont be finishing this man

cant think or anyone i'd like to see win that belt more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone think Carlos could employ the same tactics as he did for Diaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Condit via Submission
    Go wan The Natural Born Killer

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

Iv always been an arlovski fan so I hope he wipes out miocic and gets a title shot..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,688 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Poirier via Submission
    Feckin hell, never realised Michael Macdonald was on this, will be very interesting to see how he does on his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Condit via KO/TKO
    Hope Lawler wipes the floor with him.
    Such an undeserved title shot.

Want Dustin to beat Duffy as well.

Poirier via Decision
    Duffy was knocked out in training,maybe his chin is a bit suspect who knows,but ill be backing Dustin,he is lightyears ahead of the bums Joe has beaten lately,wouldnt begrudge him the win should he beat Dustin,ill be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Duffy via Submission
    Hard to pick in the main, because these are to lads I'd always cheer on. Heart lies with Robbie, head says Condit.

The Duffy fight I'm pulling for him by KO hugely, this fight will show us exactly where he's at on the ladder. Win big and he has arrived at Lightweight. Poirier looked fine at FW until he ran into McGregor, he has also been fine at LW without fighting anyone too dangerous. Good match, and one that it feels like I've been waiting for since forever.

Great card to start the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Duffy via Decision
    This card feels like a real gift from the UFC, I am counting the days! Absolutely love Carlos Condit, would be fantastic to see him with the belt.
    Hope Duffy pulls it off but think it will be a tough job with the Dustin we've seen of late, think Conor takes credit for how well his former opponents are doing these days, he has inspired them to reach for new heights haha..............bring it on :)

• Advertisement

Duffy via Decision
    Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Duffy via Submission
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Yes!

really really looking forward to this fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Duffy via Submission
    Tumenov v Larkin and Ortega v Brandao should be wild wild fights. Should be the theme of the evening with the main event too. Just think Carlos will have too much for Robbie, Wouldn't suprise me if these wars starting telling on Robbie Lawler, and to see how he looks after being took to the brink by McDonald

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Duffy via KO/TKO
    I made the mistake of going against Robbie when he fought Hendricks and Mcdonald. However I am tempted to go against him again. Condit won't break easily. I think he's a smart fighter and his team will come up with a plan to counter Robbies imposing style. I see Condit on points. I hope so. I like Condit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Duffy via Submission
    I made the mistake of going against Robbie when he fought Hendricks and Mcdonald. However I am tempted to go against him again. Condit won't break easily. I think he's a smart fighter and his team will come up with a plan to counter Robbies imposing style. I see Condit on points. I hope so. I like Condit.

Bang on. Especially what you say about him being a smart fighter. He's so calculating and thinks so well on his feet, so to speak.

If he can avoid the TD's (easier said than done, I know) then he takes this on a 50-45 decision every time they meet IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Duffy via KO/TKO
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Bang on. Especially what you say about him being a smart fighter. He's so calculating and thinks so well on his feet, so to speak.

If he can avoid the TD's (easier said than done, I know) then he takes this on a 50-45 decision every time they meet IMO.

I think Rory probably made the mistake of engaging a bit too much and not disengaging fast enough (ignoring the fact he had a broken nose). I don't think Condit will make that mistake. Very good chance he could be out wrestled though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFCCarlosCondit/videos

On Condit's own (I think anyway) channel he has a few of his old fights up

Duffy via Decision

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jaysus condit could do with tidying up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Duffy via Submission

I like robbie and all but jaysus listening to him talk is painful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Duffy via Submission
    Excited to see the Duffy fight.

Duffy via Submission
    JJayoo wrote: »
    Excited to see the Duffy fight.

As am I. He's looked sensational so far.

Poirier has looked very good at LW, But I think Duffy is capable of finishing him on the ground. Poirier is very good on the feet and seems to have more power since moving up so I'm interested to see how Joe does on the feet.

It should be a cracking fight too.

Poirier via Decision
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    As am I. He's looked sensational so far.

Poirier has looked very good at LW, But I think Duffy is capable of finishing him on the ground. Poirier is very good on the feet and seems to have more power since moving up so I'm interested to see how Joe does on the feet.

It should be a cracking fight too.

Dustin is a very good grappler as is duffy,I wouldnt expect duffy to finish him with a submission tbh,Im expecting a war with a ko.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Poirier via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Dustin is a very good grappler as is duffy,I wouldnt expect duffy to finish him with a submission tbh,Im expecting a war with a ko.

Agreed, Dustin is a solid brown belt with striking to hold his own. He's not going to flail about like Jorge did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Duffy via Submission
    Do people think Duffy would make 145? or would it be too big of a cut? His size would be a huge advantage in the 145/division, think he is an inch taller and has a one inch reach advantage over Connor. In a division stacked with wrestlers his size and ground game would ask a lot of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Duffy via Decision
    JJayoo wrote:
    Do people think Duffy would make 145? or would it be too big of a cut? His size would be a huge advantage in the 145/division, think he is an inch taller and has a one inch reach advantage over Connor. In a division stacked with wrestlers his size and ground game would ask a lot of questions.

I don't see why he'd want to, he's a naturally bigger lad so he'd oy be putting himself under pressure. He seems to be doing fairly well where he is.

Duffy via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Mellor wrote: »
    Agreed, Dustin is a solid brown belt with striking to hold his own. He's not going to flail about like Jorge did.

Wasn't Jorge a black belt? Anyway I think/hope Joe will take this down as i think DP has an advantage on the feet.

Duffy via Submission
    JJayoo wrote: »

Firas Zahabi said after the Lindsey fight in March that he was going down to 145. They must have put this on hold, but he doesn't cut much weight to get to 155.

Poirier via Decision
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Wasn't Jorge a black belt? Anyway I think/hope Joe will take this down as i think DP has an advantage on the feet.

Yeah dont think that guy was ever submitted it was a beautiful sub,Duffy is arguably the better stand up id say,I know he fought bums but he did have some boxing fights,his kicking game is much better than Poiriers too specially knee's,I think its a very evenly matched fight DP is a dangerous dude any where he has a mean darce too,very evenly matched fight its the main event in my eyes anyways cant wait for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I believe he's fought at 155 and 170 before. Usually, but not always, fighters tend to start at the lower weight and work their way up. The prospect of a big money fight with McGregor for the lightweight belt probably has him sticking to 155. Only two fights in and he's fighting Poirier who's 12th. The UFC are pushing this fight too

Advertisement