Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lawler via Submission
    Tigger wrote: »
    I was up for lawlor but as I watched it I thought "Christ that guys combos are terrifying" I tried to think how someone would beat his cardio and his strings of moves and decided that he was the sort of martial artist I thought existed from films when I was a kid
    i get there was little power in some of the shots but he was really impressive
    I suppose you have to beat the champ and if it's close you get a rematch
    Watching round three again and including Octagon control and aggression I suppose that could be a draw and that could mean the champ should retain but as a lawlor fan I thought he'd lost
    Rematch at 200 ?

There won't be an immediate rematch. Condit in the end of the day is 2-4 in his last 6 fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

callaway92 wrote: »
    There won't be an immediate rematch. Condit in the end of the day is 2-4 in his last 6 fights.

So they (in my little opinion) should have given a draw
    Even lawlor said "let's do it again"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    Woodley deserves no title shot hope he gets no where near it Id rather maia got one than him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's become a running joke. Don't read into it too much, it should be pretty clear I was joking based on my post about it last night.

I knew you were joking that why I stuck it up
    Cos some people missed the joke
    But I was wondering those that do it after the poll
    Instead of a poll why don't people post on thread I don't bother voting on the polls since the 3 - 123 turn around on holly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Duffy via KO/TKO
    Have to watch the fight now to weigh in my opinion on all the controversy. Would love to see Rory v Carlos 2 next but unlikely considering Condit may retire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Duffy via Submission
    I hope the judges bought Condit dinner beforehand thats all ill say

Have to watch the fight now to weigh in my opinion on all the controversy. Would love to see Rory v Carlos 2 next but unlikely considering Condit may retire.

Did he say that ? I love watching his style

Depp wrote: »

They found him on tinder and bought him a drink then they demanded they got to ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Watched the fight live last night and thought Condit won it 3-2. Just rewatched it and have the same result. Had him 3-1 up going into the 5th and he was winning the first 3 minutes of the 5th as well until Lawler had that late flurry in the last 90 seconds that probably edged him that round.

Felt for Condit who controlled the majority of the fight when you look back on it as a whole. Lawler's big swinging punches always seem to catch the eye of the judges in his fights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I want to see Rory fight once more soon and then get the next shot. Hendricks should be #1 contender (never lost the title imo) but he can't make weight and the division is more exciting without him. Don't want Woodley to get a shot, don't think he's that good. Had Condit won Rory/Condit 2 would've been great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Depp wrote: »

He likes to get wined and dined before he gets fcuked

Poirier via Decision

Ortega has serious grappling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Condit via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »

Ortega has serious grappling.

Yeah that was the plan he worked on losing the first 2 rounds then implement that choke sequence :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: the gracie breakdowns are good but it gets awful annoying when they make it out like they re was a grand plan behind everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Exciting fighter, first guy to sub Brandao in ages. Very skilled guy but I think he lacks the athleticism to get to the very top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Poirier via Submission
    544904_202856146723531_5755174219130571049_n.jpg?oh=6fcd3fc99f25a8d94ce984e322407f0a&oe=570669AD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Duffy via Decision
    In fairness Rener was saying all through the fight "deep water, take him to deep water".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Duffy via KO/TKO
    Just watched the fight there. Volume off to remove the Rogan factor. I feel for Condit. I thought he won 1, 3 and 4. I thought he was winning 2 apart from the knockdown. It seemed to me he was the more active fighter and had octagon control for most of round 2 but I guess the judges score a knock down highly.

Round 3 I'm not sure how lawyer got it on two scorecards. Condit was more active and had octagon control. I thought he landed more too.

Round 5 was possibly the best round of high level mma with elite striking I've ever seen. Condit is literally the best striker I've seen in mma. His combos are incredible. Someone said earlier why didn't he just keep distance for the round but that's near impossible when lawler is imposing his will on you. I really hope Condit keeps going. One of the most entertaining fighters in mma.

By no means a robbery but I thought that was 48-47 to Condit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Condit via Submission
    I'm not Larkins biggest fan but he was robbed

Condit via Submission
    smilerf wrote: »
    I'm not Larkins biggest fan but he was robbed

Nah he wasnt he ran for most of it just leg kicking while tumenov was chasing him down throwing combos and big punches fair result imo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Poirier via Submission
    Andre 3000 wrote: »
    10-8 rounds are possible though....so going for broke and losing a round very convincingly can turn a round you won previously into a drawn round.
    I've never seen a fight lose a 10-8 by just by going for it themselves. A 10-8 is a overwhelmed beating. And a 10-8 doesn't change a previous round.
    Most importantly, nobody scored the 5th last night 10-8.
    The previous post said conduit would have won if he cruised the 5th. That simply isn't true. However wrong it was, he needed to win the 5th. As did Lawlor.

• Advertisement

Condit via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    I've never seen a fight lose a 10-8 by just by going for it themselves. A 10-8 is a overwhelmed beating. And a 10-8 doesn't change a previous round.
    Most importantly, nobody scored the 5th last night 10-8.
    The previous post said conduit would have won if he cruised the 5th. That simply isn't true. However wrong it was, he needed to win the 5th. As did Lawlor.

I agree 10-8 round you have to beat someone bell to bell that 5th round wasnt a 10-8 condit won that fght tho to be fair

Poirier via Decision
    Have you guys been watching MMA lately,you have to nearly take a mans life to get a 10-8 round,there was nothing like one in the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    Have you guys been watching MMA lately,you have to nearly take a mans life to get a 10-8 round,there was nothing like one in the main event.

Maia v Nelson was a good example of a 10 - 8 round

Duffy had one as well

Absolutely gutted for Arlovski was the Cinderella Story that wasn't to be :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Duffy via Submission
    Lawler vs Hendricks 1 and 2 were close fights that could have gone either way, this was not one of those fights. Lawler clearly lost. Great fight though. I hope Condit gets a rematch.

Condit via Submission
    Absolutely gutted for Arlovski was the Cinderella Story that wasn't to be :(

it was only a matter of time tbh, he seems like abit of a p**** aswell going by some of his interviews no harm for him to get humbled!

Poirier via Decision
    Watched it again there cant decide on the 3rd round,on reflection the 5th round was bossed by condit bar 2 flurrys from Robbie,first 3 mins he was getting lit up,very close round imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Need judges to start giving more 10-10 rounds to get rid of these bad decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Duffy via Submission
    Rewatched it and think Condit clearly wins 1,3 and 4. He won the third with volume, was advancing the whole round trying to set up combo's where as Lawler was keeping his distance at the time.

Props to Robbie for stealing the 5th after looking to be in trouble for the first 2 minutes. True heart of a champion. I didn't think he won the Hendricks fight but he's put on some of the greatest fights in history in his title reign.

Advertisement