Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Duffy via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    Whats the spread on how many times ''Joe Duffy is the last man to beat Conor McGregor'' line is wheeled out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Condit via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Whats the spread on how many times ''Joe Duffy is the last man to beat Conor McGregor'' line is wheeled out this week.

It'll be his official knickname before long.

Depp wrote: »
    I like robbie and all but jaysus listening to him talk is painful!

And ZERO reflection on his skillzzzz but how boring is this guy/are these guys? Zzzzz
    And I know that's not fair or 100% relevant but when UFC are pushing an Embedded promo a day can't they come up with more than the dude's packing habits? Seriously, I thought personality plus McGregor was a bit much, but come on… this is taking it way beyond the opposite end of the scale! Guess it's related to a fighter's mentality which is naturally going to gravitate to one extreme or another but still…

The Bones/Condit cameo was kinda funny tho at least. Reminded me of getting stuck at a door with someone: go ahead - no, you go, I'm in no rush, no you: WW before LH; no PEDs here at all at all, see how serious I am training on a Sunday….

Re prelims: Joe Duffy's mother, kinda fun and interesting and who knew her background (not me at least). Poirier looks waaay relaxed and in amazing shape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

My BT subscription starts on the 4th so annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Duffy via Decision
    jimmii wrote: »
    My BT subscription starts on the 4th so annoying!

Is it not instant? Do not remember having to wait! That's a pain alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

jjdonegal wrote:

When I ordered mine, it was working within a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Duffy via Submission
    Got a 20% off code for this event from fight pass if anyone wants to buy it through UFC TV give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Duffy via KO/TKO
    ASOT wrote: »
    Got a 20% off code for this event from fight pass if anyone wants to buy it through UFC TV give me a shout.

I think the code is locked to the individuals account so it can't be shared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Duffy via Submission
    I think the code is locked to the individuals account so it can't be shared.

Il let someone give it a bash and try it anywya if they want I won't need it!

Nevermind just read it can only be used by me I'm an idiot, but Il let someone try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jjdonegal wrote: »

Moved to UK the box won't arrive in time. If it wasn't for all the bank holidays it would be here in plenty of time! BT sport is free though so hard to complain too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Duffy via Decision
    JT26 wrote: »
    Actually looking forward to this

I'd be very surprised if anyone posting here would declare otherwise!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Duffy via Decision
    Anyway we can find out if Fight Pass subscribers increase for this event? Is information relating to Fight Pass easily accessible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Duffy via Decision
    Joe looking well before weigh ins tonight. Apparently at 153 in this pic, looks like he could lose 8 more if he had to!

946477_1681712938720299_3878040232355641671_n.jpg?oh=8557e3ba63f9034f4b9a0c2ef30c4fec&oe=571C16E2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I don't think people really understand the whole weight cutting thing... Not saying he couldn't make FW, but cutting another 8 pounds in just water is no easy feat...

People get their panties in a bunch over how muxh McGregor cuts, when in reality there are more than a few cutting just as much (some even more!). McGregor's gaunt look is accentuated by the fact he already has such a RIDICULOUSLY low body fat.

Poirier via Decision
    latest?cb=20141125161502

PLEASE dont turn this into another weight cutting discussion lads ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    latest?cb=20141125161502

PLEASE dont turn this into another weight cutting discussion lads ffs

I'd thank that twice if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Sorry lads, just need to have a word when I see certain things being said!

Won't happen again; up Duffy and all that jazz.

Just watched this promo from October: Robbie and Carlos interviewed by Brendan Schaub. Might be of interest: I thought they both came across way more intelligent and interesting than on any of the Embedded stuff… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUwiEIsh0Io

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Just watched this promo from October: Robbie and Carlos interviewed by Brendan Schaub. Might be of interest: I thought they both came across way more intelligent and interesting than on any of the Embedded stuff… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUwiEIsh0Io

Watched that a while ago and I have to say I thought Lawler came off like a massive arse. I know they'd done media that day and were tired, but Lawler seems to be purposely looking like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world whenever Condit talks only to perk up suddenly when he's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

True, true. But he did smile and nod in agreement when Condit expressed his childhood love for the Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

2nd ring girl looks like the Joker or my 4 year old when she trys to put on mammy's lipstick

Justine Kish looked on deaths door there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Paully D wrote: »
    Justine Kish looked on deaths door there.
    she is 1/3 on, the other girls might be value at 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Duffy via Submission

Poirier via Decision
    Hope Miocic destroys Arlovski for the simple reason he was ***** when I see him here in Dublin.

Poirier via Decision
    Mike Dolce is some moron stands at the scale there with a grin on his face like hes performed some miracle :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

she is 1/3 on, the other girls might be value at 5/2

I had a quick look myself as soon as I saw the state of her. She hasn't fought in 2 years either due to injuries, though Ansaroff is hardly the female version of Cowboy (last fight in November 2014) and to be honest she is simply just not very good.

I'll definitely be having a small punt at that price though. I think there's value there even if Kish had looked good at the weigh-in.

Advertisement