Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30% Off Xiaomi Routers on 24th of December [Aliexpress.com]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

I'd be interested to know the actual speeds others are getting with the Xiaomi mini. The LAN going into mine is consistently over 120Mbps but average wifi speed of the 5ghz band is 40-45Mbps and 2.4g slightly lower. UPC (Cisco) router wifi (2.4ghz) is 80Mbps. Range of 2.4g band similar for both routers. 5g range lower. I've tried several channels for the 5g and similar results with all. Very disappointed as reviews suggested that range (2.4ghz) and speed (5ghz) would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Have the router set up perfect - I'm trying to pair the app to the router and its asking for the password. I tried the account password and the WiFi password with neither working. Is there another I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hootanany wrote: »
    I cant connect to my mini password is incorrect:confused: its the one supplied with the router HELP
    Have the router set up perfect - I'm trying to pair the app to the router and its asking for the password. I tried the account password and the WiFi password with neither working. Is there another I'm missing?

I'm hoping the repeaters arrive tomorrow, if not I'm going to have to go ahead without them, where I'm putting the router.
    I hope I don't have this issue too.

Have you upgraded the firmware and app to the latest versions?

Have you read any of these? Any help?
    http://xiaomi-mi.com/news-and-actions/tutorial-mi-wifi-mini-router-configuration/

http://en.miui.com/thread-91292-1-1.html

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/unboxing-xiaomi-mi-wifi-mini-router-english-set-up-guide.html

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

I used the WiFi password and it worked.

Found out seller thought/is saying repeaters were in package. :mad:
    I'm not having a good start to this year so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I ended up getting into the app - but it wasn't the WiFi password! Used something else (based on the WiFi password) and it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Hi All,

This was the first thing i ordered from Ali from the first link in the thread, seller gave me tracking but tracking number number is only saying shipping info received since 13.01.2016.

Anyone else have this issue, seller is syaing i have to wait 45 days to do anything about, not impressed if he hasnt even shipped this.

Gavin

Hi All,

This was the first thing i ordered from Ali from the first link in the thread, seller gave me tracking but tracking number number is only saying shipping info received since 13.01.2016.

Anyone else have this issue, seller is syaing i have to wait 45 days to do anything about, not impressed if he hasnt even shipped this.

Gavin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you tried it with 17track.net? Which shipping option is it? Direct to Ireland?

It was the standard Ali Express Shipping through singapore post, tried the singapore post website and 17track.net and the both say the same thing. :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

When did you order it?

EDIT - That picture finally loaded. It says tracking info since the 18th. That's only 10 days ago. I wouldn't start to worry yet, and the fact that tracking info is appearing is a good sign. It's on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

My repeater arrived yesterday, very easy setup and works like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My repeater arrived yesterday, very easy setup and works like a charm.

Can't get the repeater going, it says to plug it in until LED lights blue and mine stays flashing orange.

Any ideas?

Can't get the repeater going, it says to plug it in until LED lights blue and mine stays flashing orange.

Any ideas?
    Which router are you trying to connect to?
    I bought two repeaters, first one connected blue quite quickly on an eircom (Zyxel) D1000.

2nd on stayed flashing orange on the Eircom F2000. I gave up pretty quickly as I had the Nano with me and used that instead.

Allyall wrote: »
    Which router are you trying to connect to?
    I bought two repeaters, first one connected blue quite quickly on an eircom (Zyxel) D1000.

2nd on stayed flashing orange on the Eircom F2000. I gave up pretty quickly as I had the Nano with me and used that instead.

The Xiaomi Mini. If I plug it into the wall it will show up as an unsecured network, not a repeater for my own.

Have tried resetting it a few times to no avail. The instructions mention a Mi Home app but haven't been able to locate it.

The Xiaomi Mini. If I plug it into the wall it will show up as an unsecured network, not a repeater for my own.

Have tried resetting it a few times to no avail. The instructions mention a Mi Home app but haven't been able to locate it.

Have you plugged it directly into the router?

- Plug the repeater into the router until it turns blue, then connect using app (scan the QR code) and just follow the steps on your phone.

Or have you done that and it's not turning blue?

Allyall wrote: »
    Have you plugged it directly into the router?

- Plug the repeater into the router until it turns blue, then connect using app (scan the QR code) and just follow the steps on your phone.

Or have you done that and it's not turning blue?

Have connected it directly to the Xiaomi router, yes. It's not turning blue.

Have tried scanning the QR code on the packet with two phones and not getting any read on it. Anyone have a direct link to the Android app?

I think it took me a few tries under the correct light to scan it.

Anyway - http://app.mi.com/detail/75542

Got mine, no issues getting up and running with UPC Thomson modem

App for setting up through iOS is available when u search for a xiaomi app and look at apps by xiaomi and its there the green mi home icon, unless u know Chinese there's no way to search for it in the App Store

Advertisement