Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester vs Munster match thread, Sun 20 Dec 5:15pm, BeeTee Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Incredibly cynical and stupid there from Leicester.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've just noticed that the line in the ball next to the score changes to show how much time is gone

aimee1 wrote: »
    keatleys misses critical again

Not really. He missed 2? Burns missed 1, so the 2 misses weren't that big a deal. Munster have been beaten in most areas of the game. It's no one persons fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Clareman wrote: »
    I've just noticed that the line in the ball next to the score changes to show how much time is gone

Can't say I noticed that before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

molloyjh wrote: »
    Not really. He missed 2? Burns missed 1, so the 2 misses weren't that big a deal. Munster have been beaten in most areas of the game. It's no one persons fault.

He also gave away the penalty which led to the Leicester try

• Advertisement

Should've just gone down on that.

Should've just gone down on that.

Sums up the game in a lot of ways, do the hard work, get into a great position but manage to mess it up with a slight error or wrong option taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

but it kills munster momentum. All the effort counts for nothing when you win the penalty and they get missed then Leicester go and score a try. They also turned down a shot at goal when it was a 4 point game and i wonder if thats down to Keatley not fancying the kick

Nothing to see there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Nothing to see there.

I don't think anyone's blaming Keatley for the loss today solely, so no need to make it seem that way.
    Keatley had another bad shift. Impossible to deny that.
    We all know the repercussions for a team's 10 having an off day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

only being watching munster for about 15 years but has there been a worse coached/poor selection of players then the current crop. They're difficult to watch these days, feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Foley, in many ways he reminds me of Staunton, who with practically no experience took the job but was way out of his depth. Ultimately it's the manager's responsibility and he has to pay the ultimate price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

They're just not clinical enough to beat what is a competent but very average Leicester team. Saili' really upped his game today in fairness. Chisholm's had a bad day defensively. Munster creating the opportunities but butchering them all for one reason or another then continuing the habit of making crucial defensive lapses and gifting soft tries. The worrying thing is no one has played particularly badly, Keatley's missed kicks aside and yet something is terribly wrong with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oh what an awful pass.....sums up the afternoon.

Such a lot of hard work done by Munster for no reward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

What do they do in training? Very sloppy errors all game

kuang1 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone's blaming Keatley for the loss today solely, so no need to make it seem that way.
    Keatley had another bad shift. Impossible to deny that.
    We all know the repercussions for a team's 10 having an off day.

The post I was replying to singled him out and said his missed kicks were critical.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Enjoyable game, Munster flatter to deceive, get themselves into good positions and butcher the opportunity. Everytime Leicester got into a position they scored...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Triumvirate

Enjoyable game, Munster flatter to deceive, get themselves into good positions and butcher the opportunity. Everytime Leicester got into a position they scored...

Leicester coughed up possession or were turned over multiple times in the Munster 22.

Neither side were anything close to clinical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Better from Munster but deservedly beaten. Munster needed to take the chances to have a real chance. They got 3 or 4 opportunities but didn't finish and allied to not making anything of the first 8 minutes of 2nd half they were always just hanging in there.

It'll take a big performance in Paris to have any hopes of progressing.

Leicester coughed up possession or were turned over multiple times in the Munster 22.

Neither side were anything close to clinical.

No, but Leicester looked comfortable all day, to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Triumvirate

vienne86 wrote: »

They did almost to the extent that they looked sloppy and lazy. A decent side, pumped up would beat them if they perform like that again. They were much better last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »

because they were never in a position to have to chase the game. They never really had to force things but Munster did hence so many poor passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Im a very bad loser so take this whinge with a pinch of salt. A different outhalf (not pinning it on Keatley but he should have kicked 1 of the 2 missed kicks) and referee and we could have won that game. The pull back on Conway with 3 Munster players against 2 defenders was a key missed descision. A penalty try and a yellow card there could have turned the game.

Munster very poor and didn't deserve anything out of the game. Outside of Stander and Copeland very little positives out of the game.

Execution and tackling were poor. We couldnt get tries when dominant. Total opposite of Munster of old. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

The post I was replying to singled him out and said his missed kicks were critical.....

Ok if we take "critical" in its most literal sense sure.
    An earlier poster wondered what are they up to at training...my mind is going the same way. We all know this bunch of players is collectively better than both recent results and performances suggest.
    Players not to be blamed for the current state of affairs imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

DDC1990 wrote: »

Munster very poor and didn't deserve anything out of the game. Outside of Stander and Copeland very little positives out of the game.
    Cronin was good - did a lot of work and broke the line a few times; Sherry (aside from 2 poor throws) was good and won a few turnovers; J Ryan held his own solidly and was impressive against Ayerza, who could be one of the top L.H's in the World. Saili had his best game for Munster today (IMO) and has shown more of what he's capable of. Scannell showed confidence with the ball and broke the line once or twice. Stander and Copeland weren't the only positives.
    Munster seem to go out of their way to hit the self-destruct button at times but this has been happening for years now. There were 2 try-scoring opportunities that we left behind.
    At least this week, Munster Rugby won't be more concerned with what happened for a few seconds in the stands than what happened over 80mins on the pitch...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Really starting to not like Conway, he's too erratic, we need a reliable steady fullback.

Today, and last week, was lost because of the lack of clinical precision, most players did the majority of their work well but 1 or 2 under pressure/when it counts mistakes cost the game. Keatley being the 10 is unluck cause kicks are high profile, but if you can't take the pressure you shouldn't be a 10. Murray's forward pass for the try was sloppy, Saili not going for the corner was sloppy, the Munster backs ALL being out raced by the Leicester backs was sloppy, messing up 1 line out when we were in a scoring position was sloppy, not defending a clear pick & drive for the try was sloppy, not mauling over when you had gotten rid of 3 defenders was sloppy. All those points are being harsh, but this is a professional setup it shouldn't be "sloppy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Disappointed

flouncer wrote: »
    Disappointed

Annoyed, we could have easily won both games with the personal available, to not even get a losing bonus point is disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Looking at the bigger picture, when certain players are back from injury, we are going to be ok in the forwards, but we need a prop, an inside centre and a proper full back for next season.
    It's a shame to say it, but Munster and Leinsters seasons are more or less over before Xmas.
    Winning the Pro 12 for either side won't cushion the blow I'd think

Advertisement