Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester vs Munster match thread, Sun 20 Dec 5:15pm, BeeTee Sport

Options
  • 20-12-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

You know folks, you don't have to wait for me to start a match thread! :P

Leicester Tigers
    15. Telusa Veainu; 14. Adam Thompstone, 13. Peter Betham, 12. Matt Smith, 11. Vereniki Goneva; 10. Freddie Burns, 9. Ben Youngs;
    1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Tom Youngs, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Michael Fitzgerald, 5. Graham Kitchener, 6. Ed Slater, 7. Brendon O'Connor, 8. Lachlan McCaffrey
    16. Harry Thacker, 17. Matias Aguero, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Dom Barrow, 20. Tom Croft, 21. Sam Harrison, 22. Thomas Bell, 23. Seremaia Bai

Munster Rugby
    15. Andrew Conway; 14. Keith Earls, 13. Francis Saili, 12. Denis Hurley, 11. Simon Zebo; 10. Ian Keatley, 9. Conor Murray;
    1. James Cronin, 2. Mike Sherry, 3. John Ryan, 4. Mark Chisholm, 5. Dave Foley, 6. Robin Copeland, 7. Dave O'Callaghan, 8. CJ Stander

16. Niall Scannell, 17. Dave Kilcoyne, 18. Mario Sagario, 19. Billy Holland, 20. Jack O'Donoghue, 21. Tomas O'Leary, 22. Rory Scannell, 23. Lucas Amorosino

Donnacha Ryan is a late absentee. Dave Foley starts with Billy Holland benching.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You know folks, you don't have to wait for me to start a match thread! :P

But you do it so well :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Stheno wrote: »
    But you do it so well :P

He used to do it so much better!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

A LBP here could be enough to get Munster one of the best runner up spots

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zzippy wrote: »

True, think he's sick of always doing the match threads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    A LBP here could be enough to get Munster one of the best runner up spots

Actually expect Munster to win today, think the last 7 days have been a much needed kick up the arse in the province

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zzippy wrote: »

I'm not in the country so I feel a little out of the loop tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,360 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Actually expect Munster to win today, think the last 7 days have been a much needed kick up the arse in the province

me too, but then I always expect munster to win

It's been a good start so far

Apart from that missed penalty

Akrasia wrote: »
    me too, but then I always expect munster to win

It's been a good start so far

Good defence especially I thought.

Keatley just missed what looked like a fairly kickable penalty there, is it windy?

Is there much wind (have no sound)? Kinda expected Keatley to knock it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Good start from Munster. Could do with a big score while they are on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Good start from Munster. Could do with a big score while they are on top.

only problem is they are not really threatening a score. similar to last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

I not only want but expect Munster to win this

Well at least we held out there.

Tackle without the ball?

lucky not to get yc

Try Leicester

thats well against the balance of play. one real go and a try after 6-7 phases

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Triumvirate

So much good work undone by some soft pillar defending which is very much at odds with the focus and intensity of the opening quarter from Munster.

Ooh another scrap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Some sloppy play by Munster, poor execution when they had possession in the final third.

Try was too easy for Leicester as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Zebo playing solidly

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Zebo playing solidly

Was just thinking the same, he's had a few great catches throughout this match so far.

garces doesnt seem too bothered about players coming in from the side at every beakdown

aimee1 wrote: »
    garces doesnt seem too bothered about players coming in from the side at every beakdown

Yep they are very scrappy, but isn't he known for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Triumvirate

Big moment to get nothing. Also suggests they're losing faith in Keatley's goal kicking to pass up 3 point shot in a tight game.

aimee1 wrote: »

And leicester players making no attempt to roll away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Drift defense is shocking though

Akrasia wrote: »
    And leicester players making no attempt to roll away

both sides are at that equally. they all know garces doesnt ref the breakdown too heavily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Advantage over.?

• Advertisement

Good defence there to prevent a try

Advertisement