Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Sports Awards 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Fair f***s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Dundalk FC

Team of the Year

"It's amazing really..."

Well that's an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Surely somebody has filled them in about Andy Lee???

I think Lewis Hamilton's Car should win sports personality of the year.
    Or maybe Venus William's tennis racket.

At this rate anything is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭WearstheFoxhat

Maybe Arlene Foster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

who the f is micheal conlon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

oh well, Kilkenny will just have to win the hurling again next year and eventually we might win the team award.

A genuine World Champion!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Were some of the people weak, as they mentioning how heavy the trophies were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Subtitles please. Didn't understand a word that little fella said. Who is he anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Tigger wrote: »

Olympic medalist and world champion you thick ****

cheeky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RobertKK wrote: »
    oh well, Kilkenny will just have to win the hurling again next year and eventually we might win the team award.
    Dundalk are much more worthy winners. What Stephen Kenny has done with them has been amazing.

Yes, kudos to the world champion in the audience. Would have been fairly disgraceful to give it some bogballer or muck-savage with a hurl.... or god bless us all, a foreigner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dundalk are much more worthy winners. What Stephen Kenny has done with them has been amazing.

And at least they play more than one sport in Louth!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

RobertKK wrote: »

Yeah, this is the one Brian Cody really wants.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Team 8. Men's hockey team. They achieved what no Irish hockey team has achieved before. None of the other teams can say that. They have set up a great future for Irish hockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Rather surprised Conor McGregor didn't win the main award. I like Conlon but McGregor is way more high profile these days......I'm guessing there's scarcely a kid or teenager in the country who knows Conlon is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Yes, kudos to the world champion in the audience. Would have been fairly disgraceful to give it some bogballer or muck-savage with a hurl.... or god bless us all, a foreigner :)

That's a pretty ignorant insult to the likes of Henry Shefflin. Michael Conlan deserves the individual award. He would be my choice. But I can say it without being boorish.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Rather surprised Conor McGregor didn't win the main award. I like Conlon but McGregor is way more high profile these days......I'm guessing there's scarcely a kid or teenager in the country who knows Conlon is.
    i'd say the fact that tv3 have the ufc fights is part of the reason

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

delaad wrote: »
    He was born in Portadown, Co Armagh, but raised in Ballymena, Antrim. Antrim at its closest point is 13 miles from Scotland.

We'll leave it at that for the minute.

I thought he was a Nordie, but he seemed to have a Scottish accent, actually looking at Wikipedia he played in Scotland for a few years that probably explains the accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Pathetic stuff, not surprised though.

i'd say the fact that tv3 have the ufc fights is part of the reason

Yes, you may well be right there.

Listen to any teenagers talking and it's all McGregor, McGregor, McGregor.....they wouldn't have the slightest clue who Conlon was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Norn Iron Soccer team will walk away with the team award.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

joeysoap wrote: »
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Dundalk winning was another surprise for me, wouldn't have predicted them at all (would have thought they would have been too low profile to win an award such as this, despite their excellent season).

I thought he was a Nordie, but he seemed to have a Scottish accent, actually looking at Wikipedia he played in Scotland for a few years that probably explains the accent.

Do you not know where Portadown is, or Ballymena for that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

#RTESportsAwards delighted @mickconlan11 won! A real sport with millenia of history and a real world champion

Ireland first male amateur world champion

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Ireland first make amateur world champion

who he make?

• Advertisement

who he make?