Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos vs Cerrone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dos Anjos via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    It's make or break VERSUS Pettis I was referring to alavarez obviously.....

Ah right, I thought you meant Diax vrs Pettis for the top 5 was make or break.
    Thought you mean the rest were fishy. Fair point with Alvarez.
    Have to agree with you. RDA, Cerrone, Pettis, Ferguson and Khabib top 5 (not necessarily in that order). Diaz surely slots in at 6. I don't rate Alvarez either. I think Diaz would pick him apart.

I'd have Barboza ahead of Diaz. Solid performance vrs Ferguson. And I'd also like Diaz v Barboza for the next match up.

But I think everyone is more or less agreed that RDA, Cerrone, Pettis, Ferguson and Khabib, in some sort of order is the top 5. Diaz has the potential to crack it, but he's not there yet imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

dos Anjos via Decision
    Im the biggest Edson Barboza fan but hes not a top 5er,it breaks my heart following him every time he puts a few wins together he ends up losing,his chin looks ok of late but Diaz would probably ko him he hates pressure,top 5 I have is RDA,Pettis,cerrone,ferguson,diaz,cant include khabib because he never fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cerrone via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    Ah right, I thought you meant Diax vrs Pettis for the top 5 was make or break.
    Thought you mean the rest were fishy. Fair point with Alvarez.

I'd have Barboza ahead of Diaz. Solid performance vrs Ferguson. And I'd also like Diaz v Barboza for the next match up.

But I think everyone is more or less agreed that RDA, Cerrone, Pettis, Ferguson and Khabib, in some sort of order is the top 5. Diaz has the potential to crack it, but he's not there yet imo.

Only noticed there I said fish I meant fair, predictive text aye

dos Anjos via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Im the biggest Edson Barboza fan but hes not a top 5er,it breaks my heart following him every time he puts a few wins together he ends up losing,his chin looks ok of late but Diaz would probably ko him he hates pressure,top 5 I have is RDA,Pettis,cerrone,ferguson,diaz,cant include khabib because he never fights.

Discounting Khabib just to get Diaz in :D:D:D:D:D

So we're all in agreement more or less. Only minor differences between everyone. Diaz and Barboza are mid top 10. RDA,Pettis,cerrone,ferguson are a cut step.

Khabib is king, but is also extremely broken.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Discounting Khabib just to get Diaz in :D:D:D:D:D

So we're all in agreement more or less. Only minor differences between everyone. Diaz and Barboza are mid top 10. RDA,Pettis,cerrone,ferguson are a cut step.

:D in fairness Diaz was moved from 3rd to 15th I think over inactivity but obviously Khabib is in there if hes fit,Feeling hes never gonna fulfill his potential.

That division is full of people who can beat each other on any night some of the 5-10 guys like bendo iaquinta dariush poirier masvidal are very equally matched imo its hard division to rank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dos Anjos via Submission

I think he's the scariest man after Jones in the entire UFC. World champion in Smabo, World No-Gi champion, Black Belt in Judo, strong as an ox, cardio for days, good striking... He has pretty much everything.

How ordinary he made Dos Anjos look is crazy.

dos Anjos via Decision
    He will be about 2 years out when/if he returns,crazy to write him off but I just cant see him coming back grand and mauling everyone,his striking isnt elite didnt tibua land some nice shots on him If I remember correctly,hes like glue to you when he grapple ****s ya I dont think the ufc want him back tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If McGregor doesn't move up I'd like to see

RDA v Ferguson
    Diaz v the winner of Pettis/Alvarez
    Cerrone v the loser of Pettis/Alvarez

Is Khabib back training yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dos Anjos via Decision
    barbosa diaz would be good
    not sure how diaz would even walk out of the cage after that one

dos Anjos via Submission
    Fromvert wrote: »
    Is Khabib back training yet?

https://www.instagram.com/p/_gZ7U1P9zO/
    Time to change something... #InshaAllah

• Advertisement

dos Anjos via Submission
    Apparently he want's Ferguson in March.

That would be a good fight!

dos Anjos via Decision
    :D in fairness Diaz was moved from 3rd to 15th I think over inactivity but obviously Khabib is in there if hes fit
    THe UFC didn't move him to 15th. They took it out for refusing fights.
    When he was introduces back, it's the journo's that dropped him forgetting how good he was. It's silly but people have short memories.

I don't think people would forget Khabib as quick.
    I think he's the scariest man after Jones in the entire UFC. World champion in Smabo, World No-Gi champion, Black Belt in Judo,

Didn't realise he was no-gi champ. Thought it was just sambo and judo.

dos Anjos via Submission
    THe UFC didn't move him to 15th. They took it out for refusing fights.
    When he was introduces back, it's the journo's that dropped him forgetting how good he was. It's silly but people have short memories.

I don't think people would forget Khabib as quick.

Didn't realise he was no-gi champ. Thought it was just sambo and judo.

2012 NAGA Welter Weight World Champion.

He won the regular No-Gi and the ADCC rules events at welter weight.
    Click on results and scroll down/search Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

We all know Johnson blows hot and cold like a thermostat with bi polar. Impressive from Nate but let's wait and see

dos Anjos via Decision
    tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

Sick man Khabib.

dos Anjos via Submission
    tumblr_n4bmo6BZOV1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

Sick man Khabib.

Sam-Jud-Jitsu ninja ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dos Anjos via Decision
    Maybe I'm missing something with Nate's boxing, but he is so heavy on his front foot with very little footwork, seems to just use his length to get his strikes in instead of any footwork .

dos Anjos via Decision
    If they werent so stubborn and comprimised by checking a few kicks and being a bit lighter on their feet it would improve their game a fair bit imo,but nick says he wont change his boxing stance for anything because it keeps him out danger of being ko'd,he was talking about it on sonnens podcast only this week.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Khabib is defending his belt against Dos Anjos UFC 197 in Brasil according to the twitter machine.

dos Anjos via Submission
    Khabib is defending his belt against Dos Anjos UFC 197 in Brasil according to the twitter machine.

Hopefully that happens and Conor fights Frankie.

• Advertisement

dos Anjos via Decision
    Hopefully that happens and Conor fights Frankie.

Looks likely now,can see them sticking diaz on the undercard to fight conor (not a bad weight cut and saves the show) if edgar pulls out and maybe holloway too if conor has to pull out so frankie has a fight although I doubt frankie would take it.

Dana reported as calling Bull**** on the khabib RDA fight announcement :(

dos Anjos via Decision
    I don't get the swoonign over the Diaz' boxing.

Their boxing isn't very good at all technically. The idea of the best boxers in MMA is nonsense.
    Whether or not they use their style effective is a different matter.
    Effective striking in MMA =/= Excellant boxng

dos Anjos via Decision
    I don't get the swoonign over the Diaz' boxing.

Their boxing isn't very good at all technically. The idea of the best boxers in MMA is nonsense.
    Whether or not they use their style effective is a different matter.
    Effective striking in MMA =/= Excellant boxng

Just watch them hit pads its shocking,but for mma its kind of a hybrid style,their best nicks especially attribute is the pace they can put on with their fitness,grappling probably close 2nd,Nick is right in what he says about mma fighters not known their way around a boxing gym they dont even own a pair of boxing boots Ha

Conor was nothing special as an amatuer boxer but its been a great base for him,he rolls with punches beautifully wont see him one punch ko'd thats for sure.

dos Anjos via Submission
    Looks likely now,can see them sticking diaz on the undercard to fight conor (not a bad weight cut and saves the show) if edgar pulls out and maybe holloway too if conor has to pull out so frankie has a fight although I doubt frankie would take it.

Dana reported as calling Bull**** on the khabib RDA fight announcement :(

If Diaz could cut to 145 comfortably, he'd have done it long before now. He'd be a killer in that division, he's 3 inches taller than the tallest 145ers.

dos Anjos via Decision
    If Diaz could cut to 145 comfortably, he'd have done it long before now. He'd be a killer in that division, he's 3 inches taller than the tallest 145ers.

If your granny had balls :pac: I'd like to see him or Nate do some grappling tournaments in their time off.

dos Anjos via Submission
    If your granny had balls :pac: I'd like to see him or Nate do some grappling tournaments in their time off.

They do a lot of local IBJJF stuff in Cali with the rest of the Cesar Gracie team.

dos Anjos via Decision
    They do a lot of local IBJJF stuff in Cali with the rest of the Cesar Gracie team.

You sure they compete? ive not seen any videos surface of them competing.

dos Anjos via Submission
    You sure they compete? ive not seen any videos surface of them competing.

Pretty sure they do. I've heard stories of them, Cesar, Kron and Rickson going to tournaments together and the 3 young fellas competing.
    Kron does his MMA training at Cesar's gym.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Pretty sure they do. I've heard stories of them, Cesar, Kron and Rickson going to tournaments together and the 3 young fellas competing.
    Kron does his MMA training at Cesar's gym.

Kron v Gary Tonon is a legendary grappling match,the armbar escape and last minute win out the bag was incredible,pretty sure diaz bro's dont do any competing any more think its triathlons only,

• Advertisement

dos Anjos via Submission
    Kron v Gary Tonon is a legendary grappling match,the armbar escape and last minute win out the bag was incredible,pretty sure diaz bro's dont do any competing any more think its triathlons only,

Kron is a beast. That ADCC win is the best ever, ran through everyone and tapped them all.

Tonon did well to survive that long. Listening to Eddie Bravo talk about it is funny.

Advertisement