Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos vs Cerrone

Options
  • 17-12-2015 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

3c5fd3a52abd638ec6dab880797c3deb.png

Date: Saturday 19th December
    Time: Fight Pass Prelims (8:30pm, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Prelims (10pm, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Orlando, Florida
    Odds: dos Anjos (1/2) v Cerrone (15/8)

Please note the times listed in the picture are wrong. Correct times posted underneath.

Who Will Win The Main Event? 76 votes

dos Anjos via KO/TKO
    0%
    dos Anjos via Decision
    26%
    twilight_singerdave1982mailburnerMellorHangballlouieProfessional GrieferOnecoolcookieJJayoodarcedJ MysterioAmazingfunianob7johnskullfintans71SaipanneIvoryTowerBeersmithjjdonegalAndre 3000Gamebred 20 votes
    dos Anjos via Submission
    32%
    gafarrellDavei141shrapnel222HokiDancorcallaway92[Deleted User]EuskalHerriaSwashbuckleraarondocstiffler123Brussels SproutshrewdnessJR6Paully Dmartyos121jamokJohn_D80Wrongway1985Necro 25 votes
    Cerrone via KO/TKO
    6%
    xtal191killer_penguinnocoverartLetreetommy_tucker 5 votes
    Cerrone via Decision
    23%
    Inquituscalifanoslicus ricuswinston82Depp[Deleted User]Zero-CoolriceroGomer Pyle14murphyASOTicanmunchPetermc83stephenl15Arne_SaknussemejabrodVisibleGorillaWhelo79 18 votes
    Cerrone via Submission
    10%
    nmg_irePaddyCarJimmyAlfonsoZymurgistmarkc1184Easy RodQuantumPakelly02 8 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

dos Anjos via Decision
    Oliveira seems to be over that injury fairly quick was it ever disclosed? should be a terrific fight with jury,

Overeem looks terrible with he new drug testing guess hes off the horse meat diet,expect JDS to K.O him.

Dos Anjos under the usada testing will be interesting,Ill wait to weigh ins to see who ive got in that main event,he puts in serious work in the gym so could be clean as a whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dos Anjos via Submission
    This card is flying under the radar mainly due to last weeks events, but it's very good.

An intriguing main and co-main, Oliveira v Jury, Randa Markos who has quit her job and been in Tristar full time since September. Plenty more too.

Fights starting at 8:30pm with the main card at 1am. Nice to have it relatively early. Gotta love those east coast events! :D

dos Anjos via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Oliveira seems to be over that injury fairly quick was it ever disclosed? should be a terrific fight with jury,

Micro-tear of the esophagus, per the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/ufc-esophagus-tear-forced-charles-oliveiras-early-ufc-fight-night-74-exit
    However, a UFC PR official, as well as Dr. Jeff Davidson, a UFC medical consultant who worked the event, today told MMAjunkie that Oliveira suffered a micro-tear of his esophagus in the fight.

dos Anjos via Decision
    Cole Miller the first fight on the main card,he had one lucky escape getting injured and not having to be ko'd by Conor in Dublin that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Cole Miller the first fight on the main card,he had one lucky escape getting injured and not having to be ko'd by Conor in Dublin that time.

His name would have got our there after the Conor fight

Just look at Holloway, he was aiming for a title shot because he was the only one to take Conor the distance, plus the 8 fight win streak

• Advertisement

dos Anjos via Decision

Just look at Holloway, he was aiming for a title shot because he was the only one to take Conor the distance, plus the 8 fight win streak

Yeah true,but weight it up knocked out or bigger name? health or money/publicity is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It'll be very interesting to see how RDA looks when he first takes off his shirt. I feel his... Ahem... Training regiment will have changed since the pettis fight, and I think cowboy will take advantage of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dos Anjos via Submission

Holloway is in the top 5 because he is on an 8 fight win streak since losing to conor, he's a legitimate title contender regardless.

dos Anjos via Submission
    Can see RDA taking this at a decision. Some great fights on this card too.

IMO Marquardt needs to give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think the Main Event hinges on the first round. Cowboy is a horrendously slow starter, and I think if he does that against RDA, he'll grind him down for 5mins and win the fight against a tired Cowboy.

Cowboy talks some nonsense, especially looking for his payday against McGregor, but I love watching him fight. His fight against Jury was a great watch!

Going to back Cowboy. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

dos Anjos via Submission
    RDA outclassed Cerrone in the last fight but Cerrone has gotten much better since. Enough to win? I don't think so. Would like to be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Cerrone via Decision
    Davei141 wrote: »
    RDA outclassed Cerrone in the last fight but Cerrone has gotten much better since. Enough to win? I don't think so. Would like to be wrong though.

yeah hes come on leaps and bounds since then! other big x factor is are we going to see the same Dos Anjos on saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

dos Anjos via Submission
    The RDA accusations are without basis though.

dos Anjos via Decision

His improvements have been off the scale in fairness,even since the khabib and cowboy fights he has been walking through serious tough opponents like Bendo and Pettis with ease,the way hes winning the pettis fight was incredible the cardio he showed was sick.

Cerrone via Decision

Not 100% convinced theyre true myself but you know what they say about smoke and fire, and theres been plenty of smoke! wether pre-usada and post-usada Dos Anjos are the same or not I still reckon Cowboy beats pre-usada Dos Anjos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

dos Anjos via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    Not 100% convinced theyre true myself but you know what they say about smoke and fire, and theres been plenty of smoke! wether pre-usada and post-usada Dos Anjos are the same or not I still reckon Cowboy beats pre-usada Dos Anjos

Do you mean Cowboy beats post usada RDA? Pre usada RDA already beat cowboy. Like someone else said, I'm gonna wait til the weigh in to decide. He's definitely suss though. I'm not entirely convinced he's clean.

Cerrone via Decision
    Do you mean Cowboy beats post usada RDA? Pre usada RDA already beat cowboy. Like someone else said, I'm gonna wait til the weigh in to decide. He's definitely suss though. I'm not entirely convinced he's clean.

nah i mean pre, cowboy is hugely improved since then to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Cerrone via Decision
    Cowboy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dos Anjos via Decision

I'm not sure if this applies anymore in MMA when you consider how important gossip/**** talking has become in the social media outlets of MMA. The most recent Rogan Podcast with Schaub is a good example. Although they have no proof both guys are implying that Aldo has been doping throughout his career, and now with the new testing he physically looks different, he looks nervous, not a mention about the IV ban having any link to him looking slightly diff. Then Rogan will throw in a one liner to try and appear critical such as "Aldo is one of the best in the sport" and then straight back to their claims. This is the "smoke".

I mean where are their claims to account for Cowboys improvement? even though he hasn't changed his lifestyle or tailored his diet, but since he is friends with Rogan you will never hear claims against him.

dos Anjos via Decision
    JJayoo wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this applies anymore in MMA when you consider how important gossip/**** talking has become in the social media outlets of MMA. The most recent Rogan Podcast with Schaub is a good example. Although they have no proof both guys are implying that Aldo has been doping throughout his career, and now with the new testing he physically looks different, he looks nervous, not a mention about the IV ban having any link to him looking slightly diff. Then Rogan will throw in a one liner to try and appear critical such as "Aldo is one of the best in the sport" and then straight back to their claims. This is the "smoke".

I mean where are their claims to account for Cowboys improvement? even though he hasn't changed his lifestyle or tailored his diet, but since he is friends with Rogan you will never hear claims against him.

The last bit is the funny part,Cowboy has failed drug tests before and ya wont hear anybody in the media bring it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dos Anjos via Decision
    if the same rda shows up as in pettis fight I dont give cowboy much hope

Cerrone via Decision
    JJayoo wrote: »

Yeah I must have seen rogan say it thats why i think he'll win, has nothing to do with the fact he's won his last eight and in my opinion hes looked improved in each fight!

dos Anjos via Decision
    Rogan is a pothead anything he says has to be taken with a container of salt.

Cerrone via Decision
    Rogan is a pothead anything he says has to be taken with a container of salt.

agree there bigtime, like him though hes hilarious

dos Anjos via Submission
    Is it just me that can't stand Cowboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Paully D wrote: »

I'm not a huge fan but really want him to win this so it sets up him and McGregor. Watching McGregor wind him up and Cerrone take every bit of bait would be fun. Plus I think McGregor would put him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

dos Anjos via Decision
    Yeah I must have seen rogan say it thats why i think he'll win, has nothing to do with the fact he's won his last eight and in my opinion hes looked improved in each fight!

This response has zero to do with my comment, I wasn't discussing who would win or who is the better fighter. I was talking about the "where there's smoke there's fire" remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cerrone via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »

Not a fan either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Big fan of cowboy. Really hope he wins. Fan of RDA too and I can see him winning it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

dos Anjos via Decision
    Whoever wins main event will call out conor surely? Anyone know if he still in America?

Advertisement