Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Triple H
    My favourite recent memory is The Rock doing his version of Dusty Rhodes' "hard times" promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is one of the big 4 PPV's and I'm humming and hawing over will I watch it live or watch it on fast forward tomorrow.

There really isn't anything in it to excite me to stay up till 4am and considering this is the one show a year they could spring huge surprises I don't see Vince having the testicular fortitude to do anything game changing.

Saying that I more than likely will watch it and probably fall asleep while watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is one of the big 4 PPV's and I'm humming and hawing over will I watch it live or watch it on fast forward tomorrow.

There really isn't anything in it to excite me to stay up till 4am and considering this is the one show a year they could spring huge surprises I don't see Vince having the testicular fortitude to do anything game changing.

Saying that I more than likely will watch it and probably fall asleep while watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sorry of this has been asked already, in the arsend of Fermanagh with no reception. What time does the Rumble usually kick off?

Might set the alarm to see it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owens
    Sorry of this has been asked already, in the arsend of Fermanagh with no reception. What time does the Rumble usually kick off?

Might set the alarm to see it.

1am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Loughc wrote: »
    1am

Cheers. I should have been clearer. I meant the Rumble match itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

About 2.30ish I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im defo gonna be staying up for this. Will be up for work at 6:30am but Im not a huge sleeper anyway so Ill be fine :cool: I hope :pac: Will prob be spending a tonne of time tweeting during it too. BohsJohnny is always on twitter too during ppvs for anyone that misses him

Triple H
    I would miss Bohsjonny if he hadn't behaved the way he did towards me on here and on Twitter. I'm not in work until half 4 tomorrow so I'm good to go for this tonight, looking forward.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

12376368_1265052213508951_5320086219365085918_n.jpg?oh=a7f9c3c536c32a3dac169cb4b1d214cc&oe=5731ADF2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bohsjonny is a good lad. Will have to wait till tomorrow to watch this but if Tripster wins I'll probably skip it.

I really think they need to shock everyone and have Reigns eliminated by the time no 20 comes out. Really make the final third interesting. Lets be honest, Reigns isnt over no matter how hard they try. I hope a certain somebody debuts in the Rumble early and has a great showing lasting until the final 5 or 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brock
    I'm between 2 minds whether or not to stay awake and watch, WWE have done a sh** job of selling/building the Royal Rumble for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »
    I really think they need to shock everyone and have Reigns eliminated by the time no 20 comes out. Really make the final third interesting. Lets be honest, Reigns isnt over no matter how hard they try. I hope a certain somebody debuts in the Rumble early and has a great showing lasting until the final 5 or 6.

Get the screwjob in early then let the rest of the match happen.

What I'd like to happen reigns in the ring waiting for number 2, vince music hits reigns gets distracted hhh attacks from behind destroys reigns and there's one mania match set up.

sky88 wrote: »
    Get the screwjob in early then let the rest of the match happen.

What I'd like to happen reigns in the ring waiting for number 2, vince music hits reigns gets distracted hhh attacks from behind destroys reigns and there's one mania match set up.

I like that. Have Reigns come out then Steph and Vince come out for a "promo" to distract him and allow HHH sneak in and destroy him. And I mean properly, viciously destroy him! Leave the audience in no doubt that Reigns wont be back. Then have Vince introduce Alberto or Rusev as the #1 entrant to replace Roman.

Then we can have a decent Rumble with some proper drama and intrigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Owens
    LeeJM wrote: »
    I like that. Have Reigns come out then Steph and Vince come out for a "promo" to distract him and allow HHH sneak in and destroy him. And I mean properly, viciously destroy him! Leave the audience in no doubt that Reigns wont be back. Then have Vince introduce Alberto or Rusev as the #1 entrant to replace Roman.

Then we can have a decent Rumble with some proper drama and intrigue.

A HHH attack only works if Roman is an official entrant when the match starts & gets thrown over the rope, otherwise they'd be having a title match where the Champion isn't even in it. I think if it's going to happen early then Reigns needs to eliminate the first 3 or 4 people quickly, commentary hype up his dominance & then run the promo/attack from behind angle when he's alone in the ring.

I fully expect Reigns to last until at least the final 5 though.

Good point! Have him eliminate the Social Outcasts 1 by 1 then do the promo attack elimination schtick. But yea hes gonna be there till the end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Owens
    Barring a massive swerve of insert random winning I can see one of three winning. Reigns, Brock or The Rock. The last one being a screwjob finish where he costs either Roman or Brick the match setting up a Wrestlemania Main Event match.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know we've had 40 in one year, but has there ever been a surprise 31st entrant any of the other years? Like maybe tonight HHH could enter himself after the 30th person.

Off work tomorrow but not gonna stay up. Will just sit and watch it as a wee birthday treat tomorrow. Yep, I'm living the life.

Triple H
    There could be worse ways to spend your birthday, Castor. Hope it's a good one for you anyway. This is the first pay per view I'm watching live since Night Of Champions so I'm excited. There's never been a 31st entrant in the Royal Rumble except for the 40 man one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Does anyone think we could see no winner to the Rumble match tonight because it seems way to obvious that it's either gonna be Roman or Brock who wins tonight and will be a repeat of last years 'Mania main event again at this years 'Mania barring the Rollins cash in.

Basically where I'm getting at is you come down to the final two and it's Brock vs. Roman. You let them fight on for a bit and have Lesner dominate Reigns hitting him with suplex after suplex and picks him up for the F5 to throw him over the ropes but Reigns counters with some elbows and starts to do his best Hulk Hogan/John Cena impression and starts hitting Brock with some big moves, finishers and lays waste to him. When everything looks like he's about to eliminate Brock the lights go out and when they come back on HHH attacks him with a sledgehammer but Reigns manages to roll out under the bottom rope which means he's still in the match but then HHH proceeds to give him a vicious beat down like he received at TLC outside the ring.

Brock gets up to his feet and is about to go outside when the lights hit again and when they come back up the Wyatt family are surrounding him in the ring and put a beat down on Brock but don't eliminate him. It sounds far fetched but you can then move the supposedly proposed feuds of HHH vs. Roman Reigns and Brock Lesner vs. Braun Strowman on at Fast Lane and have Reigns vs. Lesner at 'Mania because would prefer to watch them at 'Mania then have HHH in the main event.

Or to go completely far fetched and have a final three of Brock, Roman and Bray. Have HHH still attack Reigns and the Wyatt family beat down Brock but eliminate him and have them eliminate Reigns after he's been completely destroyed by HHH and Bray Wyatt is your new champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't stand the Wyatts so if they have anything to do with the finish, I'm going to be disappointed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owens
    J. Marston wrote: »
    I can't stand the Wyatts so if they have anything to do with the finish, I'm going to be disappointed.

If they are building to a Lesnar Wyatt match at mania they are seriously wasting a Lesnar WM appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I used to like the Wyatts but creative have screwed them over with shit bookings at times and never know what to do with them.

You wouldn't mind if it was a Lesner vs. Bray Wyatt but apparently it's Lesner vs. Braun Strowman, one is gassed after a couple of minutes and the other cant wrestle to save his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone got a checklist of spots for tonight?

Something from Kofi.

Someone attacked before they get in the ring.

Nostalgia entrant.

Everyone teaming up to throw out the big guy.

Big guy clears out the ring.

Two people at the ropes trying to throw each other over end up both being thrown over by another person.

Someone being eliminated after the person they eliminate climbs back in and eliminates them.

????

Guy eliminating/attempting to eliminate his friend/partner, usually after they work together to eliminate someone else.

One guy trying to convince a bigger guy that they should work together.

Guy eliminating/attempting to eliminate his friend/partner, usually after they work together to eliminate someone else.

One guy trying to convince a bigger guy that they should work together.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Owens
    Hopefully Brock wins

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Triple H
    NXT entrant.

On that, surely it can't be anyone but Balor? It makes no sense for some token NXT entrant and it not be the Champion...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Triple H
    NXT entrant.

On that, surely it can't be anyone but Balor? It makes no sense for some token NXT entrant and it not be the Champion...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement