Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

In terms of NXT superstar spot in the Rumble, it will probably go to Sami Zayn since there is not much for him to do on NXT anymore and he could eliminate Kevin Owens to continue where they left off on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Triple H
    Wouldn't it be great if this year was the year where they have an NXT wrestler make his debut in he Royal Rumble and win the thing? Surely that's an option they'll have to use someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Wouldn't it be great if this year was the year where they have an NXT wrestler make his debut in he Royal Rumble and win the thing? Surely that's an option they'll have to use someday.

Yep...but they would hype it up so much that you'd know it's going to happen...WWE doesn't know how to do suprise.

Triple H
    It will be some surprise when word leaks out Vince has died, 8 months after he's actually passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Curtis Axel the second wrestler named to be in the Rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Curtis Axel the second wrestler named to be in the Rumble.

Axel should have 2 lives since he's still in from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm hoping something similar happens again and he never officially gets eliminated. Just make it a long running joke. Like Big Show.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Unless it was Joe or Devitt I wouldn't know who they were though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would be great to see Balor turn up. Would be cool if the lights go out where most people think its Taker but ends up being Balor.

Triple H
    Unless it was Joe or Devitt I wouldn't know who they were though
    It would be even better in that case if most people had the same lack of familiarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brock
    I think wwe should of let Batista return in the 2014 rumble match not the raw before it. Imagine the pop if he came out then.

Angle returning would be cool for me and a wm match with Daniel Bryan or the rock would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Carlito and/or Shelton Benjamin being rumoured again this year? Actually tempted to stay away from this thread to avoid any potential surprises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Brock
    Love angle to come back and eliminate a few of the league of nation members. Then at mania have a new team angle made of himself swagger and chad and gable from nxt take on the league of nations

• Registered Users Posts: 60,413 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Uhaa Nation/Crews maybe to be the NXT guy to get a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

Ambrose
    Well, with that announcement, the Rumble match has become very predictable imo. Bank on Taker getting eliminated from the match before coming back in to eliminate Cena, Triple H costing Reigns the Rumble (without being an entrant in the match), and Lesnar winning the title. Taker vs Cena and Triple H vs Reigns at WM is already set imo. Not sure who Lesnar will face though. Possibly a tournament at Fastlane?

Kinda disappointed tbh. A lot seem excited about the idea but the winner of the last 3 rumbles has been so obvious. I was hoping to see an outsider like Kevin Owens or Bray Wyatt get the win. Now, it's just as obvious as Reigns winning last year imo. Hopefully the match is good at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

This is very bad booking on their part leading into Mania. It would have made much more sense for HHH to have returned last night on Raw and beat the crap out of Reigns with a sledge hammer and announce he is face him at the Rumble for the title. In the match have all sorts of ****ery with the McMahons and League Of Nation all interfering only for The Rock to return and help Reigns win the match. Have Lesnar win the Rumble and then you have your two main events. HHH vs The Rock and Reigns vs Lesnar. Obviously Cena vs Taker can happen either way.

The only way I am happy with HHH vs Reigns happening at Mania is if it means we get Rock vs Lesnar (as that is by far the biggest match they can have) but that is unlikely to happen.

How likely is it HHH enters at no.30 and becomes the WWE Champion for the 14th time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Owens
    Wouldn't it be great if Finn entered the Rumble and was down to the final four with HHH, Reigns and Lesnar and the Bullet Club flooded the ring and eliminated all of them leaving Finn as the new champion

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brock
    After last night's Raw, the road to Wrestlemania is off to a rocky start..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

My prediction for the rumble is roman reigns enters at number 1 and single handedly eliminates ever one else winning the rumble and goes on to face himself in the main event of WrestleMania. It'll be roman vs reigns, bit like superman 3. Believe that!

I was only joking when I said this. Now it's an actual possibility of him winning the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brock
    I was only joking when I said this. Now it's an actual possibility of him winning the rumble.

Behold the great mystic Johnnysmack and his crystal ball :pac:

• Advertisement

Triple H
    I'm gettin excited for this, really. It's less obvious than last year's result I feel and seems interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Triple H
    Bret too make a surprise return at number 10,still a travesty how he got screwed at the 94 rumble,story of his WWE career.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive a sneeky feeling its Brock v Bray at Wrestlemania...sigh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owens
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive a sneeky feeling its Brock v Bray at Wrestlemania...sigh

If that happens I will cancel my Network subscription on the spot. Bray isn't a threat to any full timer, let alone to Lesnar. It'd be the most obvious outcome since Taker-Bray.

Loughc wrote: »
    If that happens I will cancel my Network subscription on the spot. Bray isn't a threat to any full timer, let alone to Lesnar. It'd be the most obvious outcome since Taker-Bray.

I dont think Ill ever cancel my sub, too much great past content and NXT, even if the main roster is ****e its still great value.

But yeah it be an awful state if Bray gets involved with Brock, a waste of his dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

About the only way to salvage what looks like a complete cluster is to have Reigns come in at 29 to a chorus of boos. He cleans house. Number 30 is Brock.

gimmick wrote: »
    About the only way to salvage what looks like a complete cluster is to have Reigns come in at 29 to a chorus of boos. He cleans house. Number 30 is Brock.

Then Reigns dumps out Brock and we are back to boo's

Just to be clear, what is the policy on spoilers in this thread? Particularly relating to any recently signed wrestlers? I'm already avoiding the NJPW thread just in case

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Owens
    spoilers should be put in spoiler tags but that NJPW story is everywhere (across a good few threads from the news thread, Balor thread and it's own one so avoiding that might not be easy).

If the title states *spoilers* you can expect people won't be using the tags and atm this one doesn't so I hope people use them until it does

• Advertisement

spoilers should be put in spoiler tags but that NJPW story is everywhere (across a good few threads from the news thread, Balor thread and it's own one so avoiding that might not be easy).

If the title states *spoilers* you can expect people won't be using the tags and atm this one doesn't so I hope people use them until it does
    Yeah well I know the basics of the NJPW story, but I haven't found out yet if everyone is going straight to NXT or not, so I am avoiding a few of the threads alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement