Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you keep count of how many people you've had sex with?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

eviltwin wrote: »
    Only the men

Can I ask why you don't keep track of the women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping a general eye on how many people you've slept with. Some of us enjoy reminiscing about the Cork girl that night in Santa Ponsa, or the 9/10 from tinder you were casually seeing.

Incidentally a few months ago I actually sat down and spent about 5 mins or so working out my exact number. This was in anticipation of being asked at a check up at the GUM clinic that I had in October. Some of them you really do look back at yourself and ask why!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Its just a number. I dont know what mine is...but am glad that it is not zero or one. Going thru life having had sex with just one person may suit some people, but not me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Figbiscuithead

I've never counted and I honestly don't know how many. Some were memorable, some were literally forgettable and that's about the height of it, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Clegg wrote: »
    Does your hand count? :o

Your hand, or the OP's hand?

• Advertisement

Your hand, or the OP's hand?

Leave my hand out of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Leave my hand out of this!

Too late - it has a mind of it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Can I ask why you don't keep track of the women?

The men is a smaller number, easier to remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I've a rough idea but wouldn't be able to give a definite number with certainty.

I did try to figure it out on reading this thread, but thinking back on some occasions was just too cringey, so I stopped. :o I don't think it's a massive number though for someone my age.

Back in our late teens, my friends and I used to keep lists with the names of every guy we ever kissed. My number was in the triple digits at the time. I'm not bragging about that, I'm actually morto ... I was some little slapper! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've a rough idea but wouldn't be able to give a definite number with certainty.

I did try to figure it out on reading this thread, but thinking back on some occasions was just too cringey, so I stopped. :o I don't think it's a massive number though for someone my age.

Back in our late teens, my friends and I used to keep lists with the names of every guy we ever kissed. My number was in the triple digits at the time. I'm not bragging about that, I'm actually morto ... I was some little slapper! :o

Not at all, don't run yourself down for having a healthy sexual appetite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Tag them with RFID chip and release them back into the wild :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Imaginary numbers are tricky alright
    They are complex in deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yep, have certs too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I wouldn't run myself down for having a healthy sexual appetite, but I've long forgotten what my number was or keeping count of numbers once it got into double and triple digits, but I am sometimes ashamed when I think back on some occasions alright. Like yourself though, I don't count those of the same gender either or anything that happened before I was 17 (age of consent).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Do sheep count

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

jamesbere wrote: »
    Do sheep count

I'm not sure that they can tbh...

I know, that was baaaad :p

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've a mate whos been a Rep/Bar man/DJ, in Ibiza, Crete, Santa Ponsa over the years and he reckons hes in triple figures because of these trips.

I believe him too.

Have a friend here in South Kerry who has barely travelled further than Dingle and is in triple figures because of having no standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

That's a bit weird IMO - what's an unhealthy sexual appetite? Not that I'm making insinuations about the poster's teenage snogging - harmless IMO, but a healthy sexual appetite just means whatever the individual is into, whether that's being with lots of people or very few or just one. Or even just preferring self-love/not being into the casual thing and preferring relationships, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

When we doing a male/ female response analysis on this thread?

You know, to make it halfways true/ useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I would need a PHD in mathematics to keep count so, no I don't .

Fortunately, I do have a phd in maths, and have devised a system to keep track. Initially, having studied Buzan's "Improve Your Memory", I employed a generalised peg system, where each number is associated with a specific object or action (something which is itself memorable and easily called to mind upon thinking of the number), and then you imagine this specific object interacting with the conquest in question on your list - this helps one not only to keep track of the number, but also to enumerate the conquests should it be needed for posterity's sake. For example, the number '1' looks a little like a candle, so this is the peg object I used - ie. I imagine the first girl I had sex with, leading me up a darkened staircase, holding a candle aloft. The second girl I had sex with was associated with the number '2', which sounds like 'poo', so I imagine her taking a large dump on my chest, and so on.

In fact, given a complete data set such as this one, you can also use linear regression methods (see the wiki article on linear regression here) to actually predict, under certain assumptions, how many people you will have slept with after the next time you sleep with someone.

However, from a computational point of view, both of these methods are largely inefficient, as they require the storage of large amounts of data. A simpler algorithm, is to let n be the number of people you have had sex with, and to increment this to be n=n+1 every time you have sex with a new person.
    This actually works! I provide a simple proof by induction here for completeness' sake:
    Hypothesis: P(n). Let n be the number of people you have slept with. If you sleep with another person, the number of people you will then have slept with is then n+1.

Basis step: Proof for n=1:
    If you have slept with 0 people, and then sleep with 1, the total number of people you have slept with will equal 1, as 0+1=1.

Inductive step: Proof P(n) holds for k+1 assuming it holds for k:
     If you have slept with k people, and then sleep with 1 further person, you will then have slept with k+1 people, as k +1=k+1, as required. 

Since both the basis and the inductive step have been performed, by mathematical induction, the statement P(n) holds for all natural numbers n. Q.E.D.

Using this latter method, I find I can easily monitor and keep track of the number of people I've had sex with. It's 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Figbiscuithead

Azalea wrote: »
    That's a bit weird IMO - what's an unhealthy sexual appetite? Not that I'm making insinuations about the poster's teenage snogging - harmless IMO, but a healthy sexual appetite just means whatever the individual is into, whether that's being with lots of people or very few or just one. Or even just preferring self-love/not being into the casual thing and preferring relationships, etc.

I just took her comment to mean that there was no reason she should call herself a slut for kissing lots of guys in her teens when it's pretty normal. I took healthy to mean "normal".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

jamesbere wrote: »
    Do sheep count

Ewe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Well actually back in the days i had a file with the persoons name on it and where i met the person :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Asmooh wrote: »
    Well actually back in the days i had a file with the persoons name on it and where i met the person :p

I uesd to do that. I still have the list somewhere of my wild days with details and graded each guy! Sad I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Witchie wrote: »
    I uesd to do that. I still have the list somewhere of my wild days with details and graded each guy! Sad I know!

Nah i dont think its sad. The only reason i stopped doing that is because i lost the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Azalea wrote: »

I don't know, think its pretty easy for it to be "unhealthy", take someone who just does it for self-validation or too feel wanted or with people they aren't actually attracted too.
    IMO the whole slutty thing isn't simply about numbers its about who and how your with, guys might get less judgement for it but pulling for guys always requires at least a little bit of effort and a guy that goes bottom-feeding every weekend won't be considered a legend they will be slagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

If there is more than one other person, do they count? If ye didn't actively engage directly?

Gaygooner wrote: »
    If there is more than one other person, do they count? If ye didn't actively engage directly?

I'm not counting anything with a male unless there was some penis penetration, I can't be keeping track of every fumble ffs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

I'm not counting anything with a male unless there was some penis penetration, I can't be keeping track of every fumble ffs :p

I've I just counted anal it would be low double digits- otherwise...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah I know how many people I've been with, except for one night that I seem to have absolutely no recollection of so the jury is out on whether I did or didn't. Like my number isn't high at all just can't remember one instance

Advertisement