Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Gear S2 €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I remember seeing the deal on the luas where the gear s2 was 200 but only if you got the new samsung s6 on billpay.

I seriously think it might be an error on their website...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

When I rang vodafone after my ordering issues they seemed surprised that I wasn't a vodafone account holder but I've 2 separate shipping confirmations so whether it was a mistake or not they seem to be honouring them...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Recieved mine yesterday.

I didn't put in any vodafone account details.

Thoughts on it so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Techmaster wrote: »
    Not a pricing error, showing as a promo offer on their accessories page. See attached. Good price but limited functionality.

Its not an error.

• Advertisement

No sign of mine yet. Folks who got them, when did you order? Obviously Monday but what kind of times?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

I ordered mine on Monday also, stil waiting for delivery (to Limerick). Their online tracking system says it was dispatched on Tuesday...fingers crossed it arrives today

T'would be nice to have any form of tracking at all given the value of the order...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

Dam missed this i was only looking at this online a few weeks ago but the price put me off...would definitely of been worth it at 199.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Would be interested to have who owners are getting on, particularly in relation to phone connectivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Palane

Hi. I ordered mine online from Vodafone website on Saturday morning. It arrived by registered post on Tuesday morning. I am a eir customer and I was not asked anything about being a Vodafone customer. So far so good. Bought this to replace my garmin forerunner 15. I have had no connectivity issues. The only negative so far is when I am pushing my buggy the steps don't log.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Looks like this might be back in stock if anyone's still interested. Got as far as adding it to the basked/check-out stage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Graham wrote: »
    Looks like this might be back in stock if anyone's still interested. Got as far as adding it to the basked/check-out stage anyway.
    Gone again unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

T'would be nice to have any form of tracking at all given the value of the order...

The "below cost" value of the order? I'd say you were lucky to get the deal.. It will arrive soon ;)

simdan wrote: »
    The "below cost" value of the order? I'd say you were lucky to get the deal.. It will arrive soon ;)

Relative cost is one thing but I'm a bit uncomfortable with €400 worth of smartwatches being shipped by normal post with no tracking number provided... call me crazy!

Also the only reason for the impatience is that I'm finishing up in work today so if it doesn't arrive before the weekend I'll have to drive back up to collect.

Picked it up last night great deal i have to say. Love the watch i haven't messed around with it enough yet but it synced perfectly with my s6 edge (which it should ha)

Fairly unhappy with Vodafone at this point. They think both watches may have been delivered but only have partial tracking numbers, don't have a department who handles this and can't tell me anything concrete. I've been passed from department to department and getting fairly fed up now. Really poor experience with this purchase so far.

When did you order yours Jones? I am stil waiting since Monday. It was dispatched on Tuesday. Maybe I am just being impatient!

Interesting hearing you haven't gotten yours either, maybe they're still out there in An Post land somewhere?

jamesozzie wrote: »
    When did you order yours Jones? I am stil waiting since Monday. It was dispatched on Tuesday. Maybe I am just being impatient!

I went into the store in Blanchardstown and the chap i was talking to said he'd 2 left at the time (yesterday) and that the €199 was actually a mistake it was a leftover from black friday and only if you were getting a new S6/Edge at same time.

I said i wasn't interested in it at €350 so he went into the back to see what he could do and came out with the Gear 2. He had to scan as if i was buying a new S6 (i ironically have the S6 edge but its sim free not with vodafone) so after about 15 minutes he managed to get it down to the 199 price and edited the receipt to take off the pretend S6 used for the system. In the middle of this the store manager (i assume) came over and made a call to head office saying something about an online price issue that needed to be taken down sounded like they were aware of it but they still honoured my purchase which i'm delighted about and big shout out to the bloke who served me in Blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Fairly unhappy with Vodafone at this point. They think both watches may have been delivered but only have partial tracking numbers, don't have a department who handles this and can't tell me anything concrete. I've been passed from department to department and getting fairly fed up now. Really poor experience with this purchase so far.

Welcome to Vodafones notoriously bad customer service. Had a nightmare work the LG g2 before almost turned me of this.

It's funny, I always heard that you were paying extra for Vodafone over other carriers because they were the only company who DIDN'T have rubbish customer service.

To be fair to the girl I was dealing with she genuinely tried her best to help me but I got the impression she was floundering with what to do and was trying to hide the fact that she hadn't a notion of what to tell me. When I heard her reading out passages of the An Post tracking page to herself I asked her to escalate it and email me back... which she didn't.

It's funny, I always heard that you were paying extra for Vodafone over other carriers because they were the only company who DIDN'T have rubbish customer service.

To be fair to the girl I was dealing with she genuinely tried her best to help me but I got the impression she was floundering with what to do and was trying to hide the fact that she hadn't a notion of what to tell me. When I heard her reading out passages of the An Post tracking page to herself I asked her to escalate it and email me back... which she didn't.

And did you avail of anything? I'm still waiting on mine, would have been sure id get it today but nothing arrived, odd.

Nope, no joy. I'm actually a bit happier hearing I'm not alone waiting on them but I will genuinely be going down there in person and kicking up stink at their head office if they pull anything with respect to not actually having sent them or anything.

Nope, no joy. I'm actually a bit happier hearing I'm not alone waiting on them but I will genuinely be going down there in person and kicking up stink at their head office if they pull anything with respect to not actually having sent them or anything.

And I will join you....I'm stil waiting and like the other poster I have tried phoning Vodafone about it with no end luck. Apparently its "in the post". Fingers crossed I wont be waiting much longer, I will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys just to let you know a coworker ordered a new phone at 10 Wednesday morning two weeks ago. It only arrived the following Tuesday. She wasn't given a tracking number either.

Vodafone used to offer next day delivery if ordered before 2pm but looks like that's not happening at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys just to let you know a coworker ordered a new phone at 10 Wednesday morning two weeks ago. It only arrived the following Tuesday. She wasn't given a tracking number either.

Vodafone used to offer next day delivery if ordered before 2pm but looks like that's not happening at the minute.

They took the next day delivery statement off their site a months ago when loads of the people that ordered the Ultra 6 only got their orders about three days after ordering before 2pm..

So I guess I was right about it being an error.

Anyway, I received mine for the record on Wednesday. Hope ye gets your safe and sound.

Error or not they took my money and claim to have posted them, so it will be worth far more to them to honor the deal than put up with the hassle I'll cause them if they've been lying.

• Advertisement

Error or not they took my money and claim to have posted them, so it will be worth far more to them to honor the deal than put up with the hassle I'll cause them if they've been lying.

Got mine just there, keep an ear out for your bell haha

Advertisement