Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Gear S2 €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,960 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

e92335i wrote: »
    Samsung Gear S2 for €199. €150 off – everywhere else seems to have these €350-€400.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/accessories/samsung-gear-s2

Seems like great value??

Has to be a pricing error. I was looking at it last week and it was available at that price if you were buying a new S6 on a two year plan.

Good spot if it goes through though. I'm tempted myself !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Looking for one of these for the missus so I'll be the guinea pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Runs Tizen mobile OS, and not Google Wear. Just keep that in mind as apps might be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Not a pricing error, showing as a promo offer on their accessories page. See attached. Good price but limited functionality.

Knew that already, I argued against it but she has samsung everything else and at that price I won't be too upset if she decides she wants to trade in 6 months from now for something else. €350 was harder to swallow!

I've ordered it in any case so we'll see how we go.

• Advertisement

Update: order screen blanked out at the 'thank you' page and Vodafone can't confirm if the order was placed or not... have to check my statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

I was worried it was pricing issue but just received dispatch email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,960 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure whether to pull the trigger on this or wait for a price drop on the Moto 360 2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Update: order screen blanked out at the 'thank you' page and Vodafone can't confirm if the order was placed or not... have to check my statement!

Same happened to me, went back and it said payment wasn't processed so ordered again and got the email and all. There is a 14 day cooling off period with everything in Vodafone it says but that could just be contracts. Will have to check my statement too though I reckon just in case.

Liam O wrote: »
    Same happened to me, went back and it said payment wasn't processed so ordered again and got the email and all. There is a 14 day cooling off period with everything in Vodafone it says but that could just be contracts. Will have to check my statement too though I reckon just in case.

Ok great, might just re-order. How long did it take to ship once you'd ordered? When's the expected delivery date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Ok great, might just re-order. How long did it take to ship once you'd ordered? When's the expected delivery date?

I ordered mine on Thursday - dispatched today

Hmm, that's a bit slower than I'd like. Any indication when it might arrive?

Edit: reordered using a different browser and all went through fine, have confirmation and receipts etc.

OP, THANK YOU. I found it for 330 on DID.ie and even though I swore I'd never use them again I clicked into this forum just to check for any DID promos and lo and behold, your post is at the top of Bargain Alerts. You've just saved me well over a hundred quid on my christmas shopping.

Update 2: went to track my order and found a second watch on my account. Rang vodafone and they don't seem to be too sure how many I'll receive, but I won't be charged unless I sign for them? In any case it looks like I'll be returning a smartwatch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Update 2: went to track my order and found a second watch on my account. Rang vodafone and they don't seem to be too sure how many I'll receive, but I won't be charged unless I sign for them? In any case it looks like I'll be returning a smartwatch :P

Ah balls, better get onto them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

I'm powerless to resist this, I don't even need/want one but I ordered. Thanks op

Liam O wrote: »
    Ah balls, better get onto them myself.

Go to the confirmation mail you received and track your order using the order number there and the link they provide. If you don't have 2 completed payments you're probably ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

For me it says We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Thats serious value, just bought one, i was contemplating spending €200 on a product thats inferior to this one.

Great value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Tempting but I've read too much about serious connection problems with that device, I'll wait to see how the early adopters get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

How is this so reduced?

Ordered anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭elmicko

Was going to pull the trigger but it's now showing as out of stock - was a great price.

My order(s) still say payment processing, hoping to **** mine went through...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

Anyone know how the sony smart band compares to the gear S2?Anyone think these will drop further in jan?

Did a comaparison on the specs and i think you get more bang for your buck with the sony?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/accessories/sony-smartband-talk-black

Heres spec: http://smartwatches.specout.com/compare/48-181-187/Sony-SmartWatch-3-vs-Sony-Smartband-Talk-vs-Samsung-Gear-S2

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Wonder if this is available in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

MJ434 wrote: »
    Wonder if this is available in store?

i was in the square today literally 40mins after it was posted and ran up , they said it must be online only and they dont stock them instore anyway,so i guess it wasnt.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

It's been that price for at least a week now. It's the basic rubber looking smooth version. I'd have bought it if it was the premium looking one.

simdan wrote: »
    It's been that price for at least a week now. It's the basic rubber looking smooth version. I'd have bought it if it was the premium looking one.

I much prefer the look of the 'standard' one myself, and it's the one my missus specifically expressed interest in. It's still a full third off the price that anywhere else was selling it for. Best bargain of the year for me.

Also, my order updated to 'preparing to dispatch' so happy days. One of the lads in the office mentioned in passing that he was going shopping for one later so he's now taking the second one off me, he's also dead chuffed with the saving!

Edit: both shipped. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Vodafone has shipped my order very quickly. Should have it today. Great bargain considering how much everywhere else are selling it for...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

If anyone has one that they don't want ,I'll buy it off them..

• Advertisement

Yeah, I seriously don't know what they were smoking with that price, could have upped that by 100 and they'd still be the best anywhere. Expecting 2 but if the guy in work backs out for any reason I'll drop you a PM.

Advertisement