Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores 12 Days of Christmas

Options
  • 11-12-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Just got a text from 50555:

"Reply YES for free to get Dunnes Stores exclusive 12 days of Christmas offers from tomorrow, pick them up in store while stocks last. Optout text STOP to 50555"

Anyone familiar with this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How much do twelve days cost :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They do it every year op but I've yet to see a decent bargain in it. Worth a look though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,990 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Usually a good deal on coke, smoked salmon, soda bread, tayto crisps and tinned biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Great.. two things i dont really want or need BUT a bargains a bargain.. Bring out the tins of biscuit deals

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Usually a good deal on coke, smoked salmon, soda bread, tayto crisps and tinned biscuits.

hhmmm :D

• Advertisement

hhmmm :D

From your name I'm guessing you are a King crisps fan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

ive just finished the king crisps sambo myself..
    an excellent choice. old fam recipe

From your name I'm guessing you are a King crisps fan :pac:

Bull, tayto lover loves loves loves Pringles !! Every boardsie knows that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Was in Dunnes today and seen their own brand fruit cake/oxford lunch for 3e instead of 6e. Anyone tried it before? Was thinking it cud be a bit dry maybe? But it seems to be a good bargain for an 850g fruit cake- my folks wud love it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Buy it.....it's absolutely delicious:-)
    Very moist....perfect with a cuppa. It's Irish too....Co Mayo I think.
    Your folks will love it....in fact if I were you I'd buy two!!

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes today and seen their own brand fruit cake/oxford lunch for 3e instead of 6e. Anyone tried it before? Was thinking it cud be a bit dry maybe? But it seems to be a good bargain for an 850g fruit cake- my folks wud love it I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's definitely half price on selected cakes and puddings today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

johnire wrote: »
    Buy it.....it's absolutely delicious:-)
    Very moist....perfect with a cuppa. It's Irish too....Co Mayo I think.
    Your folks will love it....in fact if I were you I'd buy two!!

If that's the O'Hara's of foxford made cake then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I am totally disappointed with them not stocking Irn-Bru any more. But judging from their new style they just want to make millions by selling overpriced stuff to people who benefit from latest Celtic Tiger recovery and fancy pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Seems it's half price Christmas puddings tomorrow and that Sunday Romantica dessert which is actually awful.

Romantica is delish man, behave

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

zom wrote: »
    I am totally disappointed with them not stocking Irn-Bru any more. But judging from their new style they just want to make millions by selling overpriced stuff to people who benefit from latest Celtic Tiger recovery and fancy pay more.

If you're near an Iceland, they stock Irn Bru ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Dunnes took the weewee with their pink & yellow marbled slab cake last year, a poorer version then previous years, cheaper ingredients & smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

lensman wrote: »
    Dunnes took the weewee with their pink & yellow marbled slab cake last year, a poorer version then previous years, cheaper ingredients & smaller.

If you can get one, I usually have to go into town(North Earl Street) to get the Marble and Layer cakes.

Waiting on a reply from head office as to why a smaller shop only gets em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

jeffk wrote: »
    If you can get one, I usually have to go into town(North Earl Street) to get the Marble and Layer cakes.

Waiting on a reply from head office as to why a smaller shop only gets em
    Blanch had them last year but they were a poor relation of the one they used to sell, not marbled madeira with jam & cream filling but a cheap sponge version :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

lensman wrote:
    Blanch had them last year but they were a poor relation of the one they used to sell, not marbled madeira with jam & cream filling but a cheap sponge version

Thanks for the information, must have missed them not being what we expect them to look like

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

zom wrote: »

It comes and goes, stock wise, and has done for a decade at this stage. If its out now it could be back in 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

L1011 wrote: »
    It comes and goes, stock wise, and has done for a decade at this stage. If its out now it could be back in 3 months.

It's stocked. if a store is not selling enough they might have decided to drop it in that store.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Any sign of any good coke deals?

€7 for 18 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jonny_b wrote: »
    It's stocked. if a store is not selling enough they might have decided to drop it in that store.

I live in a town with about 400 Scottish immigrants (due to Intel hiring heavily there), it sells heavily enough here!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coca Cola is 7 euros for a slab in Dunnes

Mince Pies is 1.50 euros for 6 Dunnes but only 1 euro in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

What was today's offer? Are they posted anywhere online or do you have to go instore to see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What was today's offer? Are they posted anywhere online or do you have to go instore to see them?

Think it was kittensoft 24 pk for €9

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

24 pk KittenSoft toilet paper for €9

Happy Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Davy wrote: »
    24 pk KittenSoft toilet paper for €9

Happy Christmas :pac:

€4.99 in any Supersavers;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

What's on offer today?

Advertisement