Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'd say one of the benefits of training with a team of elite wrestlers is you still escapes like crazy.

Her arm was contorting in a position that made me get a little nauseous! Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Namajunas via Decision
    She tapped at last, some heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

VanZant via KO/TKO
    Rose really, really does have fantastic jiu-jitsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,739 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Namajunas via Submission
    What a performance. Ridiculously one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Completely dominated. She should have finished it a lot earlier but for some fight from Paige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Namajunas via Decision
    Rose said she needs a break for a bit for her " body to heal"..........but she wasn't hurt at all, was she? I understand being tired and needing a rest tho of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

If Paige keeps improving like this, she could lose to Namajunas in a title fight some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Namajunas via Decision
    Is sage the real deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Petermc83

guys need abit of help... im a fight pass member and didnt get up for the fights last night.
    I know it was screened exclusively on fp.. but are they showing the replay of the event too? i cant seem to find it anywhere on it.
    any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Petermc83 wrote: »
    guys need abit of help... im a fight pass member and didnt get up for the fights last night.
    I know it was screened exclusively on fp.. but are they showing the replay of the event too? i cant seem to find it anywhere on it.
    any help would be great.
    It's there for sure, just hard to find, keep trying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Rose said she needs a break for a bit for her " body to heal"..........but she wasn't hurt at all, was she? I understand being tired and needing a rest tho of course.

I think she fought about 2 months ago so maybe it's to do with that.

That was too much of a mismatch for me so I didn't like that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great win by Rose, domination. Some heart on page though.

Sage's shout out to FightPass was one of the best things I've ever seen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Namajunas via Decision
    Put a few quid on Rose so very happy also a good showing from the ladies they are producing exciting fights. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,206 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Namajunas via Decision
    but1er wrote: »
    Is sage the real deal...

I was fairly unimpressed with Sage tbh. The guillotine was good and can't fault him really but nothing there that I felt was impressive.

Pfister was poor in general. Just sloppy on the mat, maybe he didn't rate Sage's grappling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Is it time to vote in the poll yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If Paige wants to improve she needs to leave TAM, or at least find a good striking coach. TAM really emphasize overpowering opponents and you could tell she didn't really have an answer when that didn't work. She has some heart though and Rose has been training for about 5 years more then her.

Rose has improved greatly since losing to Esparaza, far more in control of her emotions now. She's really likeable in a dorky sort of way, something very innocent about her its endearing. Also Furiosa has to be her new nickname.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Namajunas via Decision
    Sage wasn't really tested there with the striking either, he needs to get his ass up to Tristar.

Rose was technically better. Team Alpha Male aren't having a good time of it lately.

VanZant via KO/TKO
    Just had a gander at Rose's Facebook page there, a few months ago she was asking fans if they had a lead on potential occupational therapist or piano teaching jobs, I wonder how much better off she will be financially after the last two fights in quick succession?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

but1er wrote: »
    Is sage the real deal...

Hasn't fought anyone yet really. Not that I have a problem with that. He's only 19 after all. Arguable whether the likes of Pfister is even a UFC standard fighter. I doubt he lasts much longer there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

VanZant via KO/TKO
    darced wrote: »
    Sage looked pretty poor I thought, makes sense why he left tri-star now I'd say his ego was getting a serious beating.

I dont see much with him at all bar being very young and having great flips.

He hasn't left tri star, he's moving to Montreal full-time in the new year and Zahabi was cornering him last night. He just finished his camp in Texas instead of Montreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Paige's submission escapes were impressive, for technique and toughness.b The armbar escape in round 3, it looked like her arm had rotated 360degrees at one point.
    (Unfortunate for me, had rose by sub in the 4th).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Namajunas via Decision
    A clinic from Rose last night. Seriously impressive performance.

Sterling says he wants to fight Caraway if he'd "stop hiding under Miesha Tate's tits" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Paully D wrote: »
    A clinic from Rose last night. Seriously impressive performance.

Sterling says he wants to fight Caraway if he'd "stop hiding under Miesha Tate's tits" :pac:

Haha. Brilliant. Not sure if Rose was brilliant or just PVZ isn't quite at that level yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Hope they give Sage a decent test next. He has looked good so far but it's hard to know how good he really is when he's fighting cans. Rose and Sterling were very impressive. Van Zant has a lot of heart. I don't know how she survived that armbar, it looked nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

VanZant via Submission
    Hope they give Sage a decent test next. He has looked good so far but it's hard to know how good he really is when he's fighting cans. Rose and Sterling were very impressive. Van Zant has a lot of heart. I don't know how she survived that armbar, it looked nasty.

ah hes still only 19 to be fair with a lot to learn no need to throw him into title fights yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

darced wrote: »
    Sage looked pretty poor I thought, makes sense why he left tri-star now I'd say his ego was getting a serious beating.

I dont see much with him at all bar being very young and having great flips.

I dislike the kid, but you're mental if you don't think he has massive potential.

• Advertisement

Can't believe Sage's salary with only 1 previous UFC fight. This will piss off plenty of fighters
    http://www.mmamad.com/2015/12/14/ufc-fight-night-80-fighter-salaries-sage-northcutt-tops-fighter-payouts/

Advertisement