Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant

Options
  • 03-12-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

6266a723aa1345b2fa97292cebd048d0.png
    Date: Thursday 10th December
    Time: Fight Pass Prelims (11:45pm, Fight Pass), Main Card (3am, Fight Pass)
    Venue: The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas
    Odds: Namajunas (17/10) v VanZant (5/9)

Who Will Win the Main Event? 47 votes

Namajunas via KO/TKO
    0%
    Namajunas via Submission
    8%
    mikeruurdsShaneUsmilerflertsnim 4 votes
    Namajunas via Decision
    59%
    A-TrakMorporkJoeyJJxtal191MellorKazooiecallaway92MagicIRLbut1ershocksyYouSavedMyLifegizabeerJimmyAlfonsoshrewdnessTheTownieASOTEagererBeaverTiniePaully Dcelticsfan 28 votes
    VanZant via KO/TKO
    12%
    shrapnel222prettyboy81hefferboinocoverartSubcomandante MarcosGamebred 6 votes
    VanZant via Submission
    14%
    Tiggerwinston82DeppProfessional GrieferLombardo86Arrow in the KneeThehorsemon 7 votes
    VanZant via Decision
    4%
    califanothemandan6611 2 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

VanZant via KO/TKO
    How sterling and Eduardo is a prelim fight here is far fetched.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Namajunas via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    How sterling and Eduardo is a prelim fight here is far fetched.

Sterling's getting a raw deal with his career so far, struggling to find fights etc feel so bad for the lads bags and bags of talent and is an absolute hero. Rose will beat VanZant, more than likely by sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Namajunas via Decision
    If Sterling wins, Sterling v Almeida next up would be mouthwatering.

Namajunas via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    If Sterling wins, Sterling v Almeida next up would be mouthwatering.

Two great prospects I hope they keep them apart for as long as possible, would rather see caraway stop being a bitch and fight sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Namajunas via Decision
    Really looking forward to this fight, have Rose winning by sub as well.

• Advertisement

VanZant via KO/TKO
    I know shes won by armbar last time but PVZ is a horrible grappler,her best hope is putting a strong pace on Rose and lighting her up,is that a 5 round fight yes?

Namajunas via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    I know shes won by armbar last time but PVZ is a horrible grappler,her best hope is putting a strong pace on Rose and lighting her up,is that a 5 round fight yes?

Yep 5 rounder main event, don't think PVZ is all that good myself, she won't get near Joanna champion. If she wasn't good looking she wouldn't have as much hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Namajunas via Decision
    Surprised Paige is the favourite for this. I'll definitely be putting a few quid on Rose, probably by sub to bump up the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Namajunas via Decision
    I don't know why Rose is the underdog either. Ps: Poor Pfister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I can't find this on the listings on BT Sport. Is it not being shown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hope Rose comes out with a big win here but I think PVZ will neutralise her and get a decision win.

Super Sage, take this lamb called Phister as sacrifice to please the MMA Gods....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Namajunas via Decision
    KJ wrote: »
    I can't find this on the listings on BT Sport. Is it not being shown?

Yeah sorry, I may have jumped the gun on this one. I was told it was but should have checked myself before I put it in the OP. I've edited it to reflect that now and if it does turn out to be on BT I'll change it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

3E don't seem to be showing it on Monday like they usually do. They are going with 194. I will have to try find a download because I'm looking forward to the main event and the Sage Northcutt fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,849 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think this has pvz pts written all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

VanZant via Submission
    Yeah Im picking paige with an early tko if it goes how i expect it to, also have a feeling pfister can pull off an upset for some reason not convinced by sage yet atal, cody is an unknown entity though if im honest know very little of him, secretly want sage to live up to the hype if im honest though think hed be great for the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If anyone is looking for tickets to this there are more standing tickets gone on sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Namajunas via Decision
    I picked Rose by sub. I don't know much of PvZ, but from what I've seen of her in the UFC, her ground game is non-existent. Unless she's come on leaps and bounds since her last fight (I think it was against Felice?) which is always possible, I think Rose puts her on her back and takes the arm.

VanZant via KO/TKO
    A lot of people have went from sleeping on rose as a live under dog to now everybody backing her to win,I dont think PVZ is that bad,she looks a bad grappler but can see a lot of disappointed punters if she lights rose up whose no star herself.

VanZant via Submission
    anyone see any of the open workout highlights? if sage ever hits one of those 360 kicks in a fight ill be his biggest fan forever haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,695 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've never wanted to change my poll pick so bad

#WarRose!

Highlight of open workouts were Rose and her dog. Pat Barry is a legend as well, could easily watch a reality show with the 2 of them.

The Sage interview was bizarre thanking people for claiming he was on PED's, he's such an enigma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Namajunas via Decision
    Weigh ins packed

VanZant via KO/TKO
    https://vine.co/v/iZzj3VUQKu9

the sacrificial lamb to the slaughter nut job

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Namajunas via Submission
    Why is Sterling vs Eduardo on the undercard? #5 vs #10

• Registered Users Posts: 39,206 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Namajunas via Decision
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Why is Sterling vs Eduardo on the undercard? #5 vs #10
    Because Sage...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Namajunas via Decision
    Sage tko 1st round
    Rose by sub
    Sterling by sub
    Chiesa by decision

I never win betting on mma so you can expect the opposite of above to happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So is this not on TV at all?

Namajunas via Decision
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So is this not on TV at all?

Fight pass only

• Registered Users Posts: 11,922 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can't wait for someone to land a bomb on that northcutts pretty little chin, i've only seen 1 of his fights but i just can't stand him, have no idea why either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Namajunas via Decision
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Can't wait for someone to land a bomb on that northcutts pretty little chin, i've only seen 1 of his fights but i just can't stand him, have no idea why either

:pac: I think he is adorable, but I still hope Cody gives him a good run, be awful if Sage walks through him quick.

• Advertisement

VanZant via Submission
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    :pac: I think he is adorable, but I still hope Cody gives him a good run, be awful if Sage walks through him quick.

he seems so happy to be there!

Advertisement