Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm with N26 and my wife is with Ulsterbank as our own current accounts. We have a joint account with KBC (who our mortgage is with).

We both get paid in to the KBC account so we easily meet the €2k for free banking. All bills, groceries, mortgage and any other incidentals all come out of the joint account.

We each receive a transfer into our own current accounts every week too.

You could do it the other way around if it suits, get paid into your own accounts and transfer a certain amount to the joint account.
    We have a similar setup. Our TSB joint account is where we both get paid, only used for mortgage / bills (so nothing but direct debits comes out of this).

Each month, after savings - we pay ourselves an amount to our own cash accounts (N26 for me, TSB for her) and Revolut is used for our food budget / paying. Nice to have the flexibility but still trying to convince her to move over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

https://www.acceptmyiban.org/

Not an EU commission website but it looks like the fin-tech banks are sick of IBAN discrimination.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can anyone tell me if there's any list somewhere of company's that are refusing to accept an N26 IBAN?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Cabaal wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there's any list somewhere of company's that are refusing to accept an N26 IBAN?

I dount there's a definitive list as they're not supposed to.

It's normally companies with out of date systems and/or practices that prevent them from accepting a non IE IBAN. Not actual policy.

I found sometimes you had to fill in a paper form instead of updating your details online (eir, virgin media etc). Sometimes for some bills nstead of entering an IBAN you can pay by direct debit linked to your debit card.

Often you really have to push for them to accept a non IE IBAN...it shouldn't be like that but sometimes it is (had to push my employer, first time computer said no but got there in the end for my salary and I work for a foreign multinational).

Can you use your Irish driving licence to open an N26 account? My passport needs to be renewed and I'd like to open the bank account first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Cabria wrote: »
    Can you use your Irish driving licence to open an N26 account? My passport needs to be renewed and I'd like to open the bank account first.

Yes, assuming its the card form, not sure if they'd be as open to the paper form.

I assume almost everyone has their driving licence in that format by now, I think it was introduced around 10 years ago.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

I don't think a drivers licence qualifies as ID card? https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/docs.n26.com/cs/Support+Center/Verification/T%26C+OTHER-EN%2C+SC+-+last+update_+Feb+2021.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I tried both my driving licence card and passport card a few weeks back when opening my account and both were refused. Had to go find my passport book to get the account open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Do you earn interest @ 1.15% on their standard account?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

cefh17 wrote: »
    Nope

Ta misread their website.

Only for fixed term savings accounts is there the potential to accrue same.

I'll stick with my Permanent TSB switcher account as I see no advantage to this account as good as it appears to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Anyone that gets salary paid into n26 did you ever have any issues. I have my salary set up to go in for first time today and it's not in. Would be in my Aib during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Anyone that gets salary paid into n26 did you ever have any issues. I have my salary set up to go in for first time today and it's not in. Would be in my Aib during the night.

I usually get incoming transfers from my IE account (PTSB) at around 2pm or 3pm and those transfers was initiated by PTSB on the same day, in the morning. PTSB are sending payment files a few times a day (im not sure if AIB also does this).

So either AIB/employer have transferred your money this morning (they should not have, they should have done it yesterday evening) or there is something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

user1842 wrote: »
    I usually get incoming transfers from my IE account (PTSB) at around 2pm or 3pm and those transfers was initiated by PTSB on the same day, in the morning. PTSB are sending payment files a few times a day (im not sure if AIB also does this).

So either AIB/employer have transferred your money this morning (they should not have, they should have done it yesterday evening) or there is something wrong.

It came in 30 mins ago so all is good now. I would have had 1 unhappy wife otherwise.

My employer banks AIB and I get it into n26 about 10am the day they pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Its easier to setup N26 than it is to add bills etc

Panda the latest issue, wont or cant accept my card, keeps failing, but when i log in and pay with the same card its OK

The usual IBAN issue, only can take IE, I.T looking into it for credit unions and then might see about non I.E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

jeffk wrote: »
    Its easier to setup N26 than it is to add bills etc

Panda the latest issue, wont or cant accept my card, keeps failing, but when i log in and pay with the same card its OK

The usual IBAN issue, only can take IE, I.T looking into it for credit unions and then might see about non I.E
    Panda are a shower, I recommend disabling the auto payment and just top up manually each month via the app. I paid with my TSB for them and still had issues at the time so it's their side.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Panda are a shower, I recommend disabling the auto payment and just top up manually each month. I pay with my TSB for them and still have issues at time so it's their side.

It wouldn't surprise me, I told them enough times the card is in my name not my das (account in his name and can't won't change to mine), that could cause the issue

I think I'll have to do that, have their app and see if get notifications for invoice and log in and pay then, sounds too easy knowing them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

advertsfox wrote: »
    Panda are a shower, I recommend disabling the auto payment and just top up manually each month via the app. I paid with my TSB for them and still had issues at the time so it's their side.
    Rows I have had with them.. :mad:

Suckit wrote: »
    Rows I have had with them.. :mad:

Personally, id move supplier if they are that backward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Please forgive my ignorance about N26 but my situation is I moved to KBC from BOI for free current account. I already have an EBS current account, which I rarely use as online service is utterly appalling.

Would N26 be a good option when/If KBC leave Ireland.

I rarely lodge cheques. Never lodge cash. Travel to London several times a year.

Many thanks for info...

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Please forgive my ignorance about N26 but my situation is I moved to KBC from BOI for free current account. I already have an EBS current account, which I rarely use as online service is utterly appalling.

Would N26 be a good option when/If KBC leave Ireland.

I rarely lodge cheques. Never lodge cash. Travel to London several times a year.

Many thanks for info...

N26 will work for you with the exception of cheques you need to lodge - there's no ability to lodge cash or cheques to a n26 account, it's 100% electronic. If you have a credit card you could just lodge the odd cheque there, thats what I do (or use your EBS account just for cheque lodgements).

Personally, id move supplier if they are that backward.

In D15 no choice, whoever fingal want to inflict on us, we have to take it :mad:

Yeah same here, One of the arguments was about getting an alternative. There is another service that runs not far from us, but not to us.

Herself if from Navan and couldn't believe it, think they have 3 choices

jeffk wrote: »
    Herself if from Navan and couldn't believe it, think they have 3 choices
    My sister has 3 or 4 too I think. Panda are also the most expensive I believe. Not 100% about that, think I saw it on moneyguideireland.

But their prices have changed with Direct Debit and no notification, so I pay them manually, and if account is low, they won't pick up green or brown bins, even if no black bin is/has been out.

Suckit wrote: »
    My sister has 3 or 4 too I think. Panda are also the most expensive I believe. Not 100% about that, think I saw it on moneyguideireland.

But their prices have changed with Direct Debit and no notification, so I pay them manually, and if account is low, they won't pick up green or brown bins, even if no black bin is/has been out.

We pay 100 or so a year and brown free, green weighed, usually 1.20 a lift and then black 10.20 or so

Still no glass option, even a small one go go out with green

We are going way off though, I'll keep an eye, worse case I'll have to use revolut as got free physical card and worked ok before (just won't trust them with large money and ebs was breaking my heart)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jaysus, any chance the Panda folk could start their own thread? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

New update on the app makes the extra stuff a bit better laid out at least

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Jaysus, any chance the Panda folk could start their own thread? :mad:

Well they won't accept n26 iban and card (the latter I think more panda end)

So by and large it's relevant to this thread

Wouldn't like to move bank and then find out can't get my bins collected

Advertisement