Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I received ITA last week, submitted my application and then got an email saying my application has been updated today. The application on myCIC says the application has been approved but there was no follow up email or message with it saying what I need etc. When my partner got his approval last week he got an email that said to print it and bring it with him, but I didn't get this.

Anyone else not get this or know what I should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

palmtrees wrote: »
    What did ye provide for 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'?

I put all my money ($2700CAD ) on one of those currency cards you get in the post office and got them to print me out a little docket saying how was on the card. When I got to immigration they didn't even ask to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Legwinski wrote: »
    No, I just saved the PDF to my desktop and was able to fill it in then.

Yea, I'm fairly sure we don't have to give sibling information.

when you click on the (i) beside the IMM5707 it says

'and your brother and sisters (including step-siblings and half siblings)'

but there is no space to put sibling information anywhere on the form ??

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

BArra wrote: »
    when you click on the (i) beside the IMM5707 it says

'and your brother and sisters (including step-siblings and half siblings)'

but there is no space to put sibling information anywhere on the form ??

:confused:

Yea exactly.

I think maybe there's a different form for applicants from other countries, where they need to provide sibling information. Not 100% sure though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

whats the best course of action so?

says you can submit additional form if needed, so write the details of siblings on blank page with their details and combine it to a single pdf of the main form and upload?

• Advertisement

I received ITA last week, submitted my application and then got an email saying my application has been updated today. The application on myCIC says the application has been approved but there was no follow up email or message with it saying what I need etc. When my partner got his approval last week he got an email that said to print it and bring it with him, but I didn't get this.

Anyone else not get this or know what I should do?

Just incase anyone else runs into this issue, I opened a ticket after no letter arrived and got the letter within an hour of that. Could be that I was just impatient and it would have arrived anyway or it could have been the ticket, not sure.
    BArra wrote: »
    whats the best course of action so?

says you can submit additional form if needed, so write the details of siblings on blank page with their details and combine it to a single pdf of the main form and upload?

Myself and my partner were confused by this also, we both filled in the form with nothing about siblings mentioned anywhere and both of our applications were accepted. We also didn't sign that page because it didn't seem possible to do so without printing and scanning, that didn't seem to be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SwearBySin

So I'm still waiting on my Garda cert, just wondering does anybody know is it alright to upload a scanned copy of the signed bit of paper the Garda gave me under the Police Certificates part of the Checklist on my account and then write a letter of explanation saying that I'm currently waiting for me cert to be posted out? Any help would be handy

SwearBySin wrote: »
    So I'm still waiting on my Garda cert, just wondering does anybody know is it alright to upload a scanned copy of the signed bit of paper the Garda gave me under the Police Certificates part of the Checklist on my account and then write a letter of explanation saying that I'm currently waiting for me cert to be posted out? Any help would be handy

I think it says to just add the letter explaining that you have applied for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I think a quick letter is fine. They're probably well used to this due to the waiting times.

I've completed my application and paid the fees yesterday (got my dad to get my police check in ireland so only took a few days). Anyone know how long it usually takes to come through? They say 8 weeks but does it normally take that long really?

I think a quick letter is fine. They're probably well used to this due to the waiting times.

I've completed my application and paid the fees yesterday (got my dad to get my police check in ireland so only took a few days). Anyone know how long it usually takes to come through? They say 8 weeks but does it normally take that long really?

I think the quote of 8 weeks is the time from when you submit the very first application through the IEC website.

Mine and my partners only took about a week from the day we put in the official application and paid the fees.

• Advertisement

The 8 weeks is just to cover their backs. My entire visa process took less than 3 weeks. But that under the old system late last year.

Anyone know what the story is with health insurance? I've heard you need to present proof that you are covered at the border before they'll let you in, but on the PoE it just says the recommend having insurance. So anyone know if it's a requirement or just a recommendation?

I'll probably get myself covered anyway so does anyone have any recommendations for who to go with for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Anyone know what the story is with health insurance? I've heard you need to present proof that you are covered at the border before they'll let you in, but on the PoE it just says the recommend having insurance. So anyone know if it's a requirement or just a recommendation?

I'll probably get myself covered anyway so does anyone have any recommendations for who to go with for this?

It's a requirement. The POE letter is a generic one issued to all work permit applicants.

USIT were pretty good for the 2 year insurance for me. VHI do it also but are a bit more expensive.

I'm with go4less. €300 for the 2 years. You need it at immigration but insurance companies generally screw you anyway so don't spend a fortune. Once you're here 3 months you'll get your OHIP card and that will cover you health wise anyway

It's a requirement. The POE letter is a generic one issued to all work permit applicants.

USIT were pretty good for the 2 year insurance for me. VHI do it also but are a bit more expensive.

Good to know, thank you.

Is there a list of requirements somewhere for what I'll need to present to get my work permit when I arrive. At the moment all I can find is PoE letter, passport and proof of insurance. Do I need proof of funds too? And if so how much do they look for?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Just got mine approved. Submitted the docs last Thursday so 3/4 working days turnaround.

Good to know, thank you.

Is there a list of requirements somewhere for what I'll need to present to get my work permit when I arrive. At the moment all I can find is PoE letter, passport and proof of insurance. Do I need proof of funds too? And if so how much do they look for?

You will need proof of funds too (CAD$2500 though I wouldn't go over with less than twice that amount).

You will need proof of funds too (CAD$2500 though I wouldn't go over with less than twice that amount).

That's a bit dramatic! I came over with 2700 and have been fine!

Obviously it depends on where you are going, what you have lined up in terms of work and accommodation and what your expectations are. A lot of people who come over spend the first couple of weeks in a hostel which burns money pretty quick and getting set up in a new country can be costly as well. Just my opinion that $2500 is not enough, especially if going to Toronto or Vancouver and you don't find work immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Cant agree here at all, its never safe to come over with that basic amount of money, so many people had to go home that I knew cause they ran out, hostels and settling in eats up a big chunk, id never have lasted on 2700 and I got a job 3 days in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jaffa12

I received my invitation to apply last week and am stuck on the telephone section, I know the full number is +353 08XXXXXXXX but no matter how I split between country code, telephone number and extension, it won't work:( I'm running out of time to submit so any help would be much appreciated

astonaidan wrote: »
    Cant agree here at all, its never safe to come over with that basic amount of money, so many people had to go home that I knew cause they ran out, hostels and settling in eats up a big chunk, id never have lasted on 2700 and I got a job 3 days in

Depends on how you manage your money I guess. That $2700 was enough for first and last month's rent with over a grand left over. I didn't splash out on anything till I had a wage coming in. $2700 is not a basic amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Depends on how you manage your money I guess. That $2700 was enough for first and last month's rent with over a grand left over. I didn't splash out on anything till I had a wage coming in. $2700 is not a basic amount of money.

So what's the lifestyle with 3/4k a month gonna be like that over there? Comfortable or cutting it fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Jaffa12 wrote: »
    I received my invitation to apply last week and am stuck on the telephone section, I know the full number is +353 08XXXXXXXX but no matter how I split between country code, telephone number and extension, it won't work:( I'm running out of time to submit so any help would be much appreciated

Try dropping the leading 0, so +353 8XXXXXXXX

Dboy85 wrote: »
    So what's the lifestyle with 3/4k a month gonna be like that over there? Comfortable or cutting it fine?

Fairly comfortable I'd imagine

Dboy85 wrote: »

Depends. Where are you going? How many times a week are you going to go out? Do you want a place of your own or are you willing to share? Do you want to own a car? etc...

3/4k net should get most people by quite comfortably, but it depends on expectations etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Hey just went to go4less to see, price wise what they were offering. Are people doing it this way or applying by themselves? Looking to go in September

Kanney wrote: »
    Hey just went to go4less to see, price wise what they were offering. Are people doing it this way or applying by themselves? Looking to go in September

The go4less plan is a total scam, imo. They can't get the permit, they can only advise on the process and check the forms for completeness. TBH, all the advice they give can be got from the internet for free.

If you are planning to go in September, then I would apply now. You have a year from the time the permit is granted to enter Canada.

The go4less plan is a total scam, imo. They can't get the permit, they can only advise on the process and check the forms for completeness. TBH, all the advice they give can be got from the internet for free.

If you are planning to go in September, then I would apply now. You have a year from the time the permit is granted to enter Canada.
    Yeah I'm going to look at it properly tomorrow. It's pretty cheap, even if I decided not to go, and I'd have a year to choose. So do I apply directly through the embassy?

• Advertisement

Kanney wrote: »
    Yeah I'm going to look at it properly tomorrow. It's pretty cheap, even if I decided not to go, and I'd have a year to choose. So do I apply directly through the embassy?

I'm reading back through the thread, disregard this, cheers!

Advertisement