Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Quota of 7,700 visas. First allocations will be made on December 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

There seems to be a big drop in numbers of people talking about it this year? Last year and previous years it seemed busy in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Myself and a few mates are looking to head over to Toronto next Summer. Just submitted my profile.
    Circular, where did you hear first allocations will be made December 16th?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I got my visa at the end of October this year, hoping to move over the end of next summer/start of autumn.I applied when here was a few hundred left in last years quota. It took 13 weeks for me to hear back after I sent everything in. Just sharing my experience cos I saw some people speak of how they had booked flights before getting their application approved. Some people have booked flights based on the 6 weeks waiting time to hear back but for me it took double that time. Just an FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JadeLC2012

Hi, anyone who submitted a profile get an offer? first offers were supposed to come out today, December 16th. Just wondering because i haven't got anything!

JadeLC2012 wrote: »
    Hi, anyone who submitted a profile get an offer? first offers were supposed to come out today, December 16th. Just wondering because i haven't got anything!

Me and a few mates submitted profiles a couple of days ago. Haven't got any offers yet either!

OK then I guess we will just have to wait.. Any ideas when the next round is likely to start? the website says they will offer 'regularly' but is that weeks? Days? Who knows?

No idea. I'd guess every 2 months or so. December/Feb/April/June etc until they're all gone.

• Advertisement

I guess it's better than scrambling for a place like last year's pandemonium. You're heading to Toronto? I was thinking of heading to the West coast, maybe near BC. I hear this year is supposed to be a lot quieter in Canada. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing!

I guess it's better than scrambling for a place like last year's pandemonium. You're heading to Toronto? I was thinking of heading to the West coast, maybe near BC. I hear this year is supposed to be a lot quieter in Canada. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing!

Hopefully the visas come through! - thinking of heading to Toronto for the summer, then head over to Whistler for the Ski season.

Vancouver looks pretty cool too, so could end up going there before Whistler! Have you been to either before? Toronto seems more work/career orientated....Vancouver looks more chilled :cool:

Yeah, hopefully we will hear something soon! Nope never been to Canada at all yet, so pretty unsure what to expect! I want to go somewhere a little more relaxed for sure. Not right in the city centre but hopefully somewhere a little less expensive! So long as I can get an okay job and pay the bills with some cash left over for a few beers I'm happy! Are you looking for a career over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Manitoba2015

Yes it's because Canada is hurting. I have been here almost 3 years and got my PR and I struggle to find oil and gas work in Alberta and there's where I was working for past few years.
    There's a lot of work where I am now.. So it's not to bad but the winters get bad lol but if your coming out to make a quick buck go very north right into the artic.

Yeah, hopefully we will hear something soon! Nope never been to Canada at all yet, so pretty unsure what to expect! I want to go somewhere a little more relaxed for sure. Not right in the city centre but hopefully somewhere a little less expensive! So long as I can get an okay job and pay the bills with some cash left over for a few beers I'm happy! Are you looking for a career over there?

No not really looking for a "career". I have a good job here, so I'm really just going over to experience somewhere new! I probably will try and get a decent job after a while though. Something that will improve the CV a little bit. Enough cash for rent/bills/couple of holidays/beers and I'll be happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shellyB89

I haven't heard of anybody getting an offer yet, would be so much better if they offically announced when these offers will be made! definitely going to head for Vancouver anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Hi All,

Is the visa valid for 12 months from the day you apply or when it is granted?

Thanks in advance for help

juansheet

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Hey some advice here:

For IT work is it near impossible to find work before you go?
    Where is the best place in Canada to live for IT positions?
    Is there any great websites for this?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Anyone get offers??

not yet no i dont suppose we know ballpark when the next round of invites are no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 eamohal

Hey guys Ive submitted my profile but I've not received an invitation yet. I've since got married although I don't have this in my existing profile do I need to withdraw my application and submit a new one with the correct information? My wife wont be joining me in my ventures to Canada! Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

Ive been in Alberta for nearly two years and it has gone downhill since late 2014 in the job field. Although there are jobs all over the country, it definitely aint what it used to be.

I don't see why there would be a huge demand for visas to come here, it doesn't have that spark about it anymore where everyone is making above average coin and everyones happy.

Either way I dont think the visas are gonna run out like they did when I applied in 2014. Iv'e just applied for a second iec visa to extend my stay here because I cannot get permanent residency.

A note to anyone coming to Canada. Don't expect to get permanent residency unless you have a decent amount of skills in a particular field. I made the mistake of coming here and thinking I'll be able to get residency easy. Iv'e got my age, a years work experience in a trade (which i dislike lol), speak english etc.....Surely I should qualify for the Canadian Experience Class/Express Entry right? Wrong. Only people with points up to 400+ or have LMIA's have been able to get residency. Irish people that came here had prior experience in some fields which bumped up their points but It's getting super tough for people to stay here unless they have these points. So if your stupid like me and came here with basically no skills, its gonna be a tough one to stay long term.

Just my 0.2

The other factor to think about when coming to Canada is the dollar is very weak at the moment, so any savings you make here while working will be devalued when converted to Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is it worth heading to Canada for the two years ,without a trade and no real college degree,
    Although I have worked in transport for over 10 years ,
    I'm not looking to make a fortune just a change in life to experience something different and enough cash over there to get by

Does anyone know if there was a draw last night?

Says on the IEC website that they are doing a draw on Wednesday the 13th.

Updates people?

Can't find anything on other forums. Anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Info very poor on this.

According to this page 0 invitations have been sent out yet, from a quota of 7700 that seems unusual:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/selections.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

got my invite 1 hour ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

what would you advise on my issue, i applied for the IEC Canada working visa during December, using my current passport which has expiry date in 2017.

i received the welcome to the pool message on December 18th and am an 'active candidate'

i assume i would be rejected if picked from the pool, since the passport i applied with expires in 2017?

since then i received my new passport with expiry in 2025 and submitted the change via -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=861&t=25 information on here

i submitted the new details on Jan 7th, 10 working days ago and my old passport details are still in the application.

would i be better off removing myself and reapplying from scratch ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

I submitted my application yesterday and got my invite to apply today, thought it took 8 weeks!

Advertisement