Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Match day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

73 (-4) sees me rise from 216k to 170k, which is back to back green arrows.

I'm getting closer to being happy with my team after taking a points hit in each of the last two GW. This weeks one also worked well - Ozil and Ighalo in for Ayew and Pelle.

The Sanchez injury is annoying as I felt he would produce decent returns as a differential for the next two GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

64 sees a smallish green arrow of 12k up to 170k
    I'll take it after a month of reds!
    why couldn't Norwich keep the ball in play 5 seconds longer and I'd have 2 more points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Drop of 11k to 293.

Such a chore of a season. If i can end this season with a half decent 5 figure ranking it will be an achievement I'll be happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Very badly needed, was having a terrible season.

It shows how quickly it can turn.

It's the fact that keeps me going this season.

If you keep doing logical things (I'm leaving out my own move of bringing in Coutinho for this week), there has to be an upturn eventually.

Well done on the points haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FHFC wrote: »
    Drop of 11k to 293.

Such a chore of a season. If i can end this season with a half decent 5 figure ranking it will be an achievement I'll be happy with.

Wow, you must've been -10707 in the world:eek: That's mad stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

65 sees me drop about 70 places to 1088 overall.
    Sanchez to Ozil will use up my FT tonight but squad not to bad as long as Kun gets going sooner rather than later. TV has stalled a bit the last 4 GWs and it mirrors a bit my feelings of having tread water lately but on the bright side only 36pts from top 100 and 83pts off lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

SlickRic wrote: »
    It shows how quickly it can turn.

It's the fact that keeps me going this season.

If you keep doing logical things (I'm leaving out my own move of bringing in Coutinho for this week), there has to be an upturn eventually.

Well done on the points haul.

Absolutely. My transfer this week was the boringly obvious, nothing mad, no hits. Ozil to Mane.

The AOA also made a difference. Played Ighalo and benched Sagna for the AOA: 10 point difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Down to 71k. Lowest ranking since GW7. It's all much of the same though. I've even moving between that and 57k since then.

It's not terrible by any means. Just a bit meh every week at the minute.

Didn't see the arsenal game.

Is Ramsey ok ?

I'm assuming he was taken off on the hour as he comes back from injury. So a match fitness issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Didn't see the arsenal game.

Is Ramsey ok ?

I'm assuming he was taken off on the hour as he comes back from injury. So a match fitness issue ?

He was poor today I thought but that's excusable. But before the injury, he was poor too. Hard to justify going for him over Ozil at the moment unless you're chasing and looking for a differential, though it's a bit early in the season for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Drop of 11k to 293k.

Ah come on!!! You HAVE to aim for a 4 digits finish! I struggled all season last year (was much much worse than 293k at some point) to finally enter in the promise land by GW37. If I did it, you can do it :p;).

Plenty of time yet. The new chips (think you only used one of them). The second WC. The DGWs. etc... etc...

-

My 56 (-8) which sounds catastrophic to me (because other moves would have suited me better) sees me drop to 195k (5 red arrows in a row from 40k that ruined my season anyhow 'cause I could be fighting for top10k right now). But I still believe I can make it. I have to hope and believe my misfortune will turn and things will eventually go my way at some point.

iroced wrote: »
    Ah come on!!! You HAVE to aim for a 4 digits finish! I struggled all season last year (was much much worse than 293k at some point) to finally enter in the promise land by GW37. If I did it, you can do it :p;).

Plenty of time yet. The new chips (think you only used one of them). The second WC. The DGWs. etc... etc...

-

My 56 (-8) which sounds catastrophic to me (because other moves would have suited me better) sees me drop to 195k (5 red arrows in a row from 40k that ruined my season anyhow 'cause I could be fighting for top10k right now). But I still believe I can make it. I have to hope and believe my misfortune will turn and things will eventually go my way at some point.

Hope you are right. I've no idea as I was spoiled last season...i spent most of the season, from well before now in or around the top 5k before the Jan wildcard wobble cost me dearly.

Don't have my record from my first season but i don't recall floundering around like this either. Need the 'big week' to happen. Still targeting 100k after xmas as a short term goal.

He was poor today I thought but that's excusable. But before the injury, he was poor too. Hard to justify going for him over Ozil at the moment unless you're chasing and looking for a differential, though it's a bit early in the season for that.

My midfield was on fire early in the season and I couldn't justify bringing him in but I was looking for any excuse. I thought he was playing very well and got in some great positions to score. I've made 1-2 mistakes recently (Willian over Bolassie when it was a coin toss, and getting rid of KDB just because a lot of other were getting rid) and if he scores 3 in his next 6 I'd be really gutted not to have him. Yes it's a big call not getting Ozil but I have to go back to doing what I want rather than following the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

My midfield was on fire early in the season and I couldn't justify bringing him in but I was looking for any excuse. I thought he was playing very well and got in some great positions to score. I've made 1-2 mistakes recently (Willian over Bolassie when it was a coin toss, and getting rid of KDB just because a lot of other were getting rid) and if he scores 3 in his next 6 I'd be really gutted not to have him. Yes it's a big call not getting Ozil but I have to go back to doing what I want rather than following the masses.

As a Arsenal fan, I'd love it if he scored 3 in the next 6...hope it works out for you :)

Hope you are right. I've no idea as I was spoiled last season...i spent most of the season, from well before now in or around the top 5k before the Jan wildcard wobble cost me dearly.

Don't have my record from my first season but i don't recall floundering around like this either. Need the 'big week' to happen. Still targeting 100k after xmas as a short term goal.

2 seasons ago I had a wonder season. Started well. Moved up to the top quickly enough. Beat my best ever OR at least 10 to 15 times during the season. Finished 1663rd with a tad disappointment of missing out on a 3 digits finish. Felt the season was stressfull. Was over-cautious about my transfers, captains and players ownerships, trying not to be too different afraid of THE bad GW that drags you down. And overall managed it fairly well (never outside 13k from GW13 onwards and never outside 2k from GW24). Maybe my lack of punts cost me a top1k finish. But I felt with my limited knowledge of PL playing it safe was the most suited gamestyle for me.

Last year was the opposite. Started badly. Moved up. Thought I was on to fight it uptop. But went back down and struggled big time to enter top20k. Only managed it steadily from GW34!!! Felt the season was exhausting. Constantly chasing. But the satisfaction was great to achieve top10k in the end.

I'm afraid I'm on to a similar season now and I'm angry at myself not having been able to surf on my great start to try and replicate a season like 2 years ago.
    But one thing I'm sure of is if we keep playing it sensibly, we'll move up. Maybe slowly. But we should make it. You have a good team value and it will reward you at some point. You actually had a more than decent week. You made the right calls, bar the captain (though injury bad luck).

Finally, the Christmas period will be "weird" this year with no close WC to use. And we haven't reached it yet... So again. Plenty of time left. But I agree with you, it's infuriating and desperating when you feel like constantly failing! #21st century schizoid FPL players :pac:.

iroced wrote: »
    2 seasons ago I had a wonder season. Started well. Moved up to the top quickly enough. Beat my best ever OR at least 10 to 15 times during the season. Finished 1663rd with a tad disappointment of missing out on a 3 digits finish. Felt the season was stressfull. Was over-cautious about my transfers, captains and players ownerships, trying not to be too different afraid of THE bad GW that drags you down. And overall managed it fairly well (never outside 13k from GW13 onwards and never outside 2k from GW24). Maybe my lack of punts cost me a top1k finish. But I felt with my limited knowledge of PL playing it safe was the most suited gamestyle for me.

Last year was the opposite. Started badly. Moved up. Thought I was on to fight it uptop. But went back down and struggled big time to enter top20k. Only managed it steadily from GW34!!! Felt the season was exhausting. Constantly chasing. But the satisfaction was great to achieve top10k in the end.

I'm afraid I'm on to a similar season now and I'm angry at myself not having been able to surf on my great start to try and replicate a season like 2 years ago.
    But one thing I'm sure of is if we keep playing it sensibly, we'll move up. Maybe slowly. But we should make it. You have a good team value and it will reward you at some point. You actually had a more than decent week. You made the right calls, bar the captain (though injury bad luck).

Finally, the Christmas period will be "weird" this year with no close WC to use. And we haven't reached it yet... So again. Plenty of time left. But I agree with you, it's infuriating and desperating when you feel like constantly failing! #21st century schizoid FPL players :pac:.

I'm not unhappy with my team and apart from not captaining Ozil from slight stubborness this was indeed a not bad week. And everything you're saying is spot on as usual.

But above are my last 5 gw overall ranks. I'm not making any major blunders, generally doing the right things and even had a captain sucess one week! But very frustrating going nowhere fast outside the top quarter million.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ended up finishing 2499 overall and 152 in Ireland. Very happy with my team at the moment and next week's fixtures look quite promising for me too. Novemeber wasn't a great month but finished off well. I'm not even sure if I'm even enjoying it despite doing quite well, watching games that I have no players in and praying certain players don't score etc does take away a lot of the fun from a neutral's point of view. Last season I did awful so I never really cared that much but this is totally opposite.

I'm not unhappy with my team and apart from not captaining Ozil from slight stubborness this was indeed a not bad week. And everything you're saying is spot on as usual.

But above are my last 5 gw overall ranks. I'm not making any major blunders, generally doing the right things and even had a captain sucess one week! But very frustrating going nowhere fast outside the top quarter million.
    I understand what you're saying and feeling. But just as a comparison, last year, while many of you were having fantastic seasons (some of you even reached, at least temporarily, the top 100 !!!), after a 600k disastrous GW5 OR I was steadily but frustratingly progressing (92k GW8, 188k GW13, 96k GW16) and all of a sudden I quickly moved up (thanks to Christmas' Silva): 46K GW17, 23K GW18. Thought I was back in the game and on to beat my 1663rd record.

Was wrong. Here are my GW18-33 OR. Up & down to be back roughly at the exact same place 15 GWs later...

Chasing. Hoping. Disheartening... Repeat cycle.
    Fighting. Abandoning. Struggling... Repeat cycle again.
    Frustrating. Boring. Exhausting... Repeat cycle again and again.

But I eventually got rewarded (last 5 GWs below), and I may sound arrogant but I feel it was not down to luck.

Progressing. Succeeding. Enjoying. End cycle :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My 50 points sees a drop of 123k places to 613k. This season is starting to wear me out, not a bit enjoyable lately. I'll keep plugging away but I've got a lot of catching up to do to make it a decent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My 65 brings me almost right back to where I came into the GW, 42k. Been quite stationary for a few weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

After 7 weeks in either the millionaires or double millionaires club my OR has went:

This season can't end quick enough! Worst ever finish in 7 seasons has been 151k, can see that being eclipsed fairly easy this year!

AdpRo wrote: »
    After 7 weeks in either the millionaires or double millionaires club my OR has went:

This season can't end quick enough! Worst ever finish in 7 seasons has been 151k, can see that being eclipsed fairly easy this year!

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

75 Points so happy enough but.......

....it feels like a missed opportunity.

Wish I'd had the courage to captain someone else other than Aguero....was flip-flopping between him, KDB and Barkley for a couple of days.

Anyway, gained 15 points on the work league leader (still 30 points behind)

Up to 28k, highest rank of the season :)

Me and you have been having almost the exact same season haha

AdpRo wrote: »

No chance you won't finish top 100k if you keep playing seriously all season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

stephenl15 wrote: »

While I agree with you, last year I finished ~200k and was playing seriously all year.

stephenl15 wrote: »

Yeah thats the only good thing about being so far back. You can make big jumps very quickly.

Just looked back at my last season record there and i was at 425k in gw7 and getting pissed off. From that week my on my gameweek ORs were:
    65k...jump of 360k in one week with a GW rank of 14k

And in GW16 I was 343 in the world.

Cheered me up. Hopefully cheer a few others up too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

67 pts and a slight green arrow to 19k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What's the name of the website that calculates all your stats based on your ID?

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    What's the name of the website that calculates all your stats based on your ID?

http://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/

That it?

Advertisement