Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do attractive girls think about being checked out by hopeless people?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

Skoop wrote: »
    :)
    Women are far from subtle.

i'd say comparatively we are :)

I was having this convo with a male friend of mine actually. more often than not if a guy was in close proximity, i'd use my peripheral vision to check him out. so i could be sitting staring at a computer screen all the while copping a good look at the lad without him having any clue about it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

cookiexx wrote: »
    I was having this convo with a male friend of mine actually. more often than not if a guy was in close proximity, i'd use my peripheral vision to check him out. so i could be sitting staring at a computer screen all the while copping a good look at the lad without him having any clue about it.:pac:

I've been staring at boobs for years while being able to maintain eye contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

It's funny really, that once I realised I'm attractive, I started caring less about whether or not I was attractive. I'm sure there's some psychology behind that.

I think you can just exhaust yourself with the self-inflicted insecurities to the point where fcuks are no longer given.

I'd say my 20s were a bit like that. The acute self consciousness and worrying about what people thought of me. Was I slim/pretty/good enough. I've massively enjoyed a more jaded and carefree approach to life in the last couple of years. Just a sort of "it is what it is" mentality. We get to enjoy our looks for a relatively short few decades and I'd never want to look back at 80 and think "jesus, you were a big ride and you absolutely hated yourself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Wibbs wrote: »
    Women check men out too and obviously attractive men get checked out all the time. It's at a lower background level and it's nearly always much more subtle but it happens and fair play it's natural. Mind you men are usually completely oblivious to it. Women usually have to resort to sending up flares and semaphore. :D

Yeah women generally are more subtle, unless they want you to see them checking you out... Then they're not so subtle. :P

But that's a deliberate action with a motive, so usually quite different to the male lack of subtlety. lol

I would be considered very attractive (since we're all being honest/frank about it here), but I do find it difficult/awkward when women flirt or stare at me...

Even if I was single it's still not something I'm totally comfortable with.

I think too many people are influenced by looks. I know it's natural in a lot of ways, but I wish we were less like that.

It's quite rare to meet people who are not heavily influenced by superficial things. Sadly! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I think too many people are influenced by looks. I know it's natural in a lot of ways, but I wish we were less like that.

It's quite rare to meet people who are not heavily influenced by superficial things. Sadly! :(

But our nature makes us feel nice when we look at things that attract us. So looking at an attractive human makes us feel nice.

And human that I like looking at is probably not the one that many others will like.

I just think it is nature to check someone out and as long as you are not creepy (or drooling) then its ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Menas wrote: »
    I just think it is nature to check someone out and as long as you are not creepy (or drooling) then its ok.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

smash wrote: »
    :(

*hands you a bib* now you can drool to your heart's content!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Menas wrote: »
    But our nature makes us feel nice when we look at things that attract us. So looking at an attractive human makes us feel nice.

And human that I like looking at is probably not the one that many others will like.

Some people's nature also makes them treat you differently based on it though as well. (although it's very hard to prove that sometimes)

It is natural to notice these things, I just wish it was less important.

I also feel bad when I can see someone likes me, but I have to ignore their attempts to flirt etc. I know it's part of life... but I feel bad every time.

Even though they might be beautiful and have good self-esteem, some people will still probably take it as a rejection and it might affect how they see themselves.

In that sense, checking someone out is not as harmless or trivial as it might seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Women check men out too and obviously attractive men get checked out all the time. It's at a lower background level and it's nearly always much more subtle but it happens and fair play it's natural. Mind you men are usually completely oblivious to it. Women usually have to resort to sending up flares and semaphore. :D

99% correct.This protocol is however,totally turned on its head in Waterford city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Figbiscuithead

Well then you might convince yourself that women are checking you out all the time if you tell yourself they're not obvious about it! ;):pac: Nah, it's true, we are probably more subtle about it alright, though that's not my intention. I tend to just look at a guy and continue to look over in his direction without even thinking if I find him attractive and nothing more. In my pulling days, I might've pretended I wasn't checking him out alright as I didn't want to freak him out, but day to day when that's not my aim, I don't attempt to hide it, though I'm not a drooling yokel about it either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement