Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do attractive girls think about being checked out by hopeless people?

Options
  • 27-11-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

By hopeless I mean anyone without any connection and never will have any connection with them.

I'm curious.

Do they (or you if you are one) feel complimented?
    Do they dislike it?
    Is the person completely invisible?
    What do they think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Ego boost most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Free beer is free beer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

If you don't have a connection why ask them out? Oh because they're attractive. And the Hopeless One can offer: no connection, hopelessness and ...? So they feel...that would be a very very hard question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Ridiculous thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I always like being admired. I smile back. They haven't a hope, but why be mean? It's still a compliment!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭YungKeo

T-thanks for the drink, bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Here's how to answer your question and end the thread. Ask yourself, what do you think about being checked by people you consider to be hopeless people?

Everyone else probably thinks the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Read that as "homeless"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's a 'hopeless person'? Shabby thread, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'm fairly ugly but attractive girls are always smiling and winking at me. Stop lassies, I'm married, it p1sses off the Mrs and it makes ye look weird. Find a good looking lad to pester, will ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

They yell mean things at me and draw the blinds in my neighborhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I've a few attractive friends who recite the prayer to St. Jude on such occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I'd suspect it's the same thing most salmon fishermen think when minnows start eyeing up their expensive bait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

endacl wrote: »
    What's a 'hopeless person'? Shabby thread, OP.

Literally, the first thing the OP did was explain what they meant by "hopeless person."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Women being afraid of posting as it would mean they're saying they're attractive. :)

There shouldn't be negative reactions to mere glances, smiling, saying hi etc (although I know there are some women who react like right ***** if the man has the audacity not to be attractive to her). It should be taken as a compliment. She should be polite back to him, just not to the point of giving him the wrong idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Nobody male or female lower than a 9.5 should even think about glancing in my direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Nobody male or female lower than a 9.5 should even think about glancing in my direction.

Do you mean IQ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Do you mean IQ? :p

*sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I wonder this too OP, I give attractive women I see walking around during the day a kind of stare to say I think you're good looking. I'm not looking to start a conversation with them or anything like that, I'm just trying to let them now I find them attractive.

I don't know if they take it as a compliment or think I'm some sort of freak :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Azalea wrote: »
    Women being afraid of posting as it would mean they're saying they're attractive. :)

There shouldn't be negative reactions to mere glances, smiling, saying hi etc (although I know there are some women who react like right ***** if the man has the audacity not to be attractive to her). It should be taken as a compliment. She should be polite back to him, just not to the point of giving him the wrong idea.

Because that's simple isn't, being just nice enough so that some hopeless ****er won't get ideas above his station. It's up to the uggo to aim within his own league and not get the hump when a pretty girl does not want to bang him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Azalea wrote: »

I'm with Azalea on this one, and I'm not saying that I'm a model or anything but I wouldn't react negatively to a smile or polite conversation or whatever (I'd feel flattered and take it as a compliment). If someone though is leering or being sleazy or creepy I'd just try to get away to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

What does checking someone out actually mean? Like staring at them? I think staring at anyone is rude and a bit creepy, but that's just me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Most girls Ive talked to about this don't think being stared at is a compliment unless the guy is attractive to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

What does checking someone out actually mean? Like staring at them? I think staring at anyone is rude and a bit creepy, but that's just me

Well staring kind of implies looking at too for too long, it's kind of built into the word that it's too much. I'm talking about normal looking, or getting "caught" looking, not staring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Satriale wrote: »
    I'm fairly ugly but attractive girls are always smiling and winking at me. Find a good looking lad to pester, will ye?

:pac: :pac: there is some science behind this though, us males,apparantly,are apparently more 'visual' when it comes to the laws of attraction,whereas with women,its a multitude of things. Well groomed,confident,generous,good at holding conversation,witty,emphatic,the list goes on.I personally reckon I punch way above my weight concerning affairs of the heart.I look seriously shady,but some ladies like that too it seems,I'm sure several of my aestheticly challenged boards brothers,and maybe even some of the ladies will agree.I suppose the point I'm trying to make goes back to the old adage 'don't judge a book by its cover'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Well staring kind of implies looking at too for too long, it's kind of built into the word that it's too much. I'm talking about normal looking, or getting "caught" looking, not staring.

I've lost nearly 5 stone in the last few years and when I was heavier I was well used to being invisible. I still forget that I've lost weight sometimes so when I occasionally see a fella looking at me I automatically assume that there's something on my face or I look down at my outfit to see if I have toilet paper on my shoe or something :pac: Then I think ''oh wait, I'm not invisible any more, maybe he's actually just checking me out'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quarefarmers

What qualifies as hopeless?
    On the file?
    Living with parents?
    No personality?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

What qualifies as hopeless?
    On the file?
    Living with parents?
    No personality?

Let's just say random people that you see that you will never see again or else something else that means you will never hook up with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I've lost nearly 5 stone in the last few years and when I was heavier I was well used to being invisible. I still forget that I've lost weight sometimes so when I occasionally see a fella looking at me I automatically assume that there's something on my face or I look down at my outfit to see if I have toilet paper on my shoe or something :pac: Then I think ''oh wait, I'm not invisible any more, maybe he's actually just checking me out'' :D

First off,good for you.I used to box,5 stone off is NOT easy.Secondly your probably right, you were being checked out,but women tend to be a lot more self conscious than us chaps.For example, a body part that a woman might hate about herself, let's use hips for example, could be the very thing that caught the chaps attention to begin with.

Advertisement