Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Galvin collection in Dunnes

Options
  • 26-11-2015 4:55pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭

:eek:

It's horrific imo

The cape! The cape! I wish my eyes could unsee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

I think he is one of the most consistently poorly dressed individuals I've ever come across. Everything he wears seems to be loud and flashy just for the sake of it. He's like the sartorial equivalent of a five year old running around and screaming 'look at meeeeeeeeeee'

I mean, Jesus H. Christ - what was he smoking when he decided this was a good look?

PL1425390Paul%20Galvin%20Tweed.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

[QUOTE=mynameis905;97868400
    I mean, Jesus H. Christ - what was he smoking when he decided this was a good look?

PL1425390Paul%20Galvin%20Tweed.jpg[/QUOTE]

Paul "I like to call this my *Shetland Pony of Leprachauns look"

*or some rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

When I read the thread title my automatic first response was - "Why are people collecting in Dunnes for Paul Galvin - Did something happen him" :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The collection is like a 9 year old boy from Kerry wrote into Jim'll Fixit and was sat down with a clothes designer

"End Cemoflege, I loike kehki cemoflege" (Kerry accent)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

^ That's one of the worst "looks" I've ever seen. And the problem is that this time next year someone like VIP magazine will award him "best dressed man of the year", when he's far from it.

Isn't that "leaving the laces open on boots" thing sort of done now anyway? Is he pulling that jacket in a futile attempt to make it the correct length? Shouldn't he at least have emptied his pockets before the photo shoot??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

I think he is one of the most consistently poorly dressed individuals I've ever come across. Everything he wears seems to be loud and flashy just for the sake of it. He's like the sartorial equivalent of a five year old running around and screaming 'look at meeeeeeeeeee'

PL1425390Paul%20Galvin%20Tweed.jpg

What in the holy hell. That is absolutely awful.

He looks like James MacEvoy in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

7eef20deaf6f0d3fcbabc183dcf75e2b.jpg

^ That's one of the worst "looks" I've ever seen. And the problem is that this time next year someone like VIP magazine will award him "best dressed man of the year", when he's far from it.

Isn't that "leaving the laces open on boots" thing sort of done now anyway? Is he pulling that jacket in a futile attempt to make it the correct length? Shouldn't he at least have emptied his pockets before the photo shoot??

It's lumpy and bumpy, it's the new hucklebuck.

Or other rubbish.

brevity wrote: »
    What in the holy hell. That is absolutely awful.

He looks like James MacEvoy in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

OMG!!!!!!! THAT is who I am always trying to think of to say who he looks like in his carazy clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

amdublin wrote: »
    OMG!!!!!!! THAT is who I am always trying to think of to say who he looks like in his carazy clothes.

Picture now added :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

He trys too hard
    When you see country lads wearing pink skinny jeans you know that trend is gone

• Advertisement

I don't mind anyone having a go and taking risks, but at least get the basics right first and get clothes that actually compliment your figure.

I'm trying to figure it out - is he wearing a vest underneath that??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What he wears doesn't really ever seem to fit him properly though. In the pic above, the jeans are too skinny, the jacket is too small. I've seen pics of him with tops too tight and trousers too short. Now I know many fellas nowadays work out and have a bit of muscle but that's no excuse for wearing clothes that are too tight or poorly fitted.

I will give his a round of applause for stepping outside the Irish man's comfort zone but I would prefer if he tidied up the facial hair a bit and wore clothes which fitted him a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I would have loved to have seen him putting that cardigan and jeans on lol :pac: Jasus looks painful , Are they sprayed on :P

ronan45 wrote: »
    I would have loved to have seen him putting that cardigan and jeans on lol :pac: Jasus looks painful , Are they sprayed on :P

Unfortunately it's not a cardigan, it's some kind of blazer which he seems to have borrowed from a nephew or neighbour's child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    What he wears doesn't really ever seem to fit him properly though. In the pic above, the jeans are too skinny, the jacket is too small. I've seen pics of him with tops too tight and trousers too short. Now I know many fellas nowadays work out and have a bit of muscle but that's no excuse for wearing clothes that are too tight or poorly fitted.

I will give his a round of applause for stepping outside the Irish man's comfort zone but I would prefer if he tidied up the facial hair a bit and wore clothes which fitted him a bit better.

The fit is all wrong and the colour of the jeans is pretty bad but what kills me is that he has the makings of a good look here but it's almost like he's trying to be so trendy that it ruins the look. If he got a pair of darker jeans that fit properly, the same jacket but at least two sizes up and say a plain white oxford shirt and a green pocket square he'd look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

:eek:

It's horrific imo

The cape! The cape! I wish my eyes could unsee.

I actually just went onto the Dunnes Stores website to see what the collection was like. Ah it's not actually that bad. If you took out the cape, the rest of it is ok. I could see my husband wearing the knitted jumper with the shoulder patches and my son would probably wear the short sleeved hooded top and some of the t-shirts. The shirts I know wouldn't be to my boys tastes.

The fit is all wrong and the colour of the jeans is pretty bad but what kills me is that he has the makings of a good look here but it's almost like he's trying to be so trendy that it ruins the look. If he got a pair of darker jeans that fit properly, the same jacket but at least two sizes up and say a plain white oxford shirt and a green pocket square he'd look great.

IOW, if he wore a completely different outfit he'd look good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

I actually just went onto the Dunnes Stores website to see what the collection was like. Ah it's not actually that bad. If you took out the cape, the rest of it is ok. I could see my husband wearing the knitted jumper with the shoulder patches and my son would probably wear the short sleeved hooded top and some of the t-shirts. The shirts I know wouldn't be to my boys tastes.

Too expensive though for the average Dunnes Stores shopper !!

It's all too much black, white, and grey. I like a bit of colour and not dress like I'm in some kind of fascist state.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Its horrendous stuff, bombers more expensive than RI and Topman, random slogans such as 'warriors are we' and so on splashed across black and/or white basic tees, not sure what else you'd expect from Dunnes though.

• Advertisement

Its horrendous stuff, bombers more expensive than RI and Topman, random slogans such as 'warriors are we' and so on splashed across black and/or white basic tees, not sure what else you'd expect from Dunnes though.

Oh they are not random slogans. Warriors are we - sinne fianna fail - from our national anthem. Can't remember the other slogan but it's an excerpt also.

Again reminding me of a 9 year old boy on jimll fixit "I like playin wih me soldiers. Can we do clothes like an army or a soldier".

Haven't looked at the prices actually. How muxh is the bomber jacket?? It looks like something you'd buy in an army supply store.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Oh they are not random slogans. Warriors are we - sinne fianna fail - from our national anthem. Can't remember the other slogan but it's an excerpt also.

Again reminding me of a 9 year old boy on jimll fixit "I like playin wih me soldiers. Can we do clothes like an army or a soldier".

Haven't looked at the prices actually. How muxh is the bomber jacket?? It looks like something you'd buy in an army supply store.

Ah yes the long awaited national anthem clothing lines, thats what will sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 StylePoetic

I'm trying to figure it out - is he wearing a vest underneath that??

Yes, I fear he's in wife beater territory there :(

Also, his head looks photshopped on there.

Everything is wrong here. It's so Blue(the band) it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

OMG:eek: David Gandy himself couldn't make that crap look wearable!

He's done it again!!!!!

More rank clothes from Paul galvin in dunnes:

http://m.independent.ie/life/suits-you-sir-paul-galvin-moves-up-a-gear-34513535.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If this is fashion, count me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

The state of him in those skinny jeans. Little pair of balls on him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone remember Max Wall?

wpe6d14958.gif

max_wall.gif

I laughed to myself when I saw that article earlier, as I wondered whether it would be mentioned on this thread. Gas.

The suit with the bike looks OK if it were a costume for a period movie, but the t shirt with the "hoodie neck"? Just no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

GalvinComp.jpg

Galvin talking about his 'Manket'
    I didn’t get robbed after four days in Barcelona. Practical

But did they give you any spare change, Paul?
    :pac:

Advertisement